The Occult and Zeppelin

Jan Steingold

I remember hearing about how evil Zep was back when I was a kid in the 70's, especially Page. Then I herd the old backwards Stairway thing and started to wonder if I should be listening to this stuff...lol. Then...I wised up and threw all the BS away. The world is full of evil and unfortunate happenings, it will never spot. Even if Page decided to stop his "evil doings", that stuff still would have happened.  

6 hours ago, dacop13 said:

I remember hearing about how evil Zep was back when I was a kid in the 70's, especially Page. Then I herd the old backwards Stairway thing and started to wonder if I should be listening to this stuff...lol. Then...I wised up and threw all the BS away. The world is full of evil and unfortunate happenings, it will never spot. Even if Page decided to stop his "evil doings", that stuff still would have happened.  

I like to think there is no real good or evil, rather the right path or the wrong path...the problem is trying to discern which is which.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:15 PM, SteveAJones said:

Inscribed a Crowley quote in the dead wax of an album...incorporated Crowley rituals into his stage performances...released an album to coincide with Crowley's birthdate...purchased high end Crowley properties and memorabilia...undertook a pilgrimage to Crowley's Abbey in Sicily...created a publishing company to republish Crowley's works...adopted a Crowley credo to define his life...the lad seems to have had more than a passing interest in Crowley.

I agree with you.  Jimmy Page spent "millions" of dollars to buy almost every Aliester Crowley artifact known to Jimmy.  Jimmy bought and wore Crowley's hats, robes, canes, Tarot Deck, original manuscripts, abodes, virtually EVERYTHING that Mr. Crowley ever owned or touched.  Does that seem like a just passing fascination for the Greatest and Most Revered Satanist of All-Time? 

I do Love James Patrick Page and believe that He is the Greatest Musician of All-Time (after John Paul Jones), but I also think that Jimmy Page is the most Powerful and most Influential Musicians of All-Time.  I, personally do not care that James Patrick Page is a die-hard Satanist (and I think that He is/was).  If that is the case, I would gladly follow Him to the Gates of Hell. 

This Led Zeppelin song says a lot of what I am trying to convey.  Just listen to the lyrics.  In my opinion, this is Led Zeppelins Greatest Song and the Greatest Song in the History of Music:

Archived