2016-17 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

15 hours ago, ebk said:

We were at the Wiz game.  A not very good 1st half, but it worked out quite nicely.  

Brunch before was pretty good too.

All the way to the finals will go the Wizards EBK.  They will not be able to win vs the West I do not believe.  But I believe they will beat Cleveland if Cleveland even gets that far

Clippers are up right now.  They need to take care of business in this game or they will dig themselves a hole. Utah is a good team.   But I expect Chris Paul to rise to the occasion.  The East is not the cake walk it has been.  I am seeing Cleveland is vulnerable.  And it would be vs the winner of Wizards and Hawks but I do believe the Wizards are deeper than the Hawks

1 hour ago, chef free said:

NOT AGAIN!?!?  Griffin out of the playoffs?  Man, LAC can't catch a break...

It sucks.  But I tell you, with him out, Chris Paul took over that game last night.  The Clippers are still going to win this series IMO.  Can they be better without Blake?  Sometimes I wonder because it takes the ball an puts it in CPIII's hands.  Let him have it  He can take a game over like Curry can.  And with De Andre down low, they are still a handful.  

18 hours ago, Strider said:

The first round drags on forever.

If the Wizards can dispose of the Hawks, who are pretty good with Milsap and Howard, they can beat the Cavs in my opinion.  In the West, the loss of Blake may not necessarily count the Clippers out.  Now Chris Paul is going to get the ball more often.  And if he is hot, they can be trouble    

^^^Chris Paul is a choker...he can never close the deal. There is no unity on that Clipper team, either. Players don't like Chris Paul or they don't like Blake Griffin...or maybe they hate both. The Clipper Curse continues...which is always fun to watch.

10 minutes ago, chef free said:

it looks like Coach Kerr's illness gave the Dubs a dose of "basketball ain't everything" reality!  They knew they had to win some rest time for their coach, who may be in his last season...

This is why I thought Luke Walton was short-sighted (and just plain idiotic) in coming to the dysfunction of the Lakers instead of staying with Golden State and biding his time. After last season, the odds were long that Steve Kerr's health was going to allow him to coach the Warriors for much longer...or even make it through a season without problems. Luke would have been able to step in for Kerr no problem.

Now, however, in his rush to be a head coach he is stuck on the Lakers with their chaotic front office and ownership issues...and poorly constructed (and contracted) team.

16 hours ago, Strider said:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Thank you Clippers. Comic gold, as always.

Chime, chime chime.  Blake goes down.  They lost by 4.  Not over.  Wizards should win tonight and if they beat Atlanta they can beat Cleveland.So what is it?  Lakers, Angels, Las Vegas Raiders and Kings?  

14 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Wizards open the game with a 16-0 lead over Boston!!!!!!!!!!   Yes.  Go Wizards

Unfortunately they had to play the other three quarters, haha. Boston wins.

5 hours ago, the chase said:

The Boston Celtics have won 5 straight in the playoffs. 

Clippers are done for the year. Hopefully Paul Pierce signs a one day contract and retires as a Celtic. 

:hysterical: Clippers fail again...and the sun rises in the East. Trump could build his wall with all the bricks put up by DeAndre Jordan at the foul line. What a joke. Weird how many times the road team won during this series.

On 4/26/2017 at 3:35 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So what is it?  Lakers, Angels, Las Vegas Raiders and Kings?  

Are you asking about my sport allegiances? Yes...Lakers, Kings, Angels, and as long as they are in Oakland, the Raiders. If they truly do end up in Las Vegas or San Antonio or who knows where, then that will be the end for me.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Unfortunately they had to play the other three quarters, haha. Boston wins.

:hysterical: Clippers fail again...and the sun rises in the East. Trump could build his wall with all the bricks put up by DeAndre Jordan at the foul line. What a joke. Weird how many times the road team won during this series.

Are you asking about my sport allegiances? Yes...Lakers, Kings, Angels, and as long as they are in Oakland, the Raiders. If they truly do end up in Las Vegas or San Antonio or who knows where, then that will be the end for me.

I do not get the Clippers at all.  Or the Wizards?  How do you blow a 16-0 opening lead in a damn game?  Unreal.  But do not be surprised if they even the series up next game. That is just like the Wizards.  I still say they are better than Boston who are the most over rated team out there.  

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I do not get the Clippers at all.  Or the Wizards?  How do you blow a 16-0 opening lead in a damn game?  Unreal.  But do not be surprised if they even the series up next game. That is just like the Wizards.  I still say they are better than Boston who are the most over rated team out there.  

Early leads are meaningless in the NBA.

Archived