2016-17 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

15 hours ago, chef free said:

Probably true about Washington, definitely true about LeBron and the Cavs.  

I'm so sick of his constant whining and complaining, why the hell do officials put up with it?

Love to see the Warriors win but damn, has this been one of the most boring playoffs in years?

The finals likely wont be boring.  I hope Golden St rolls them

1 hour ago, chef free said:

Who's watching Celtics vs Cavs?  This is what the NBA playoffs should be!

4 fouls on King James in the first half? .. I think hell must have frozen over..

... and no fouls in the second half.. the earth is back on its axis.. 

8 hours ago, the chase said:

4 fouls on King James in the first half? .. I think hell must have frozen over..

... and no fouls in the second half.. the earth is back on its axis.. 

Boston will likely go down swinging.  They cant be very disappointed.    They could force another game?  But I cant see them winning 3 in a row.   Golden st will be ready to feast on Lebron's boys.  There will be no saving them in the finals this time.

^^ I can't see Boston winning 3 straight either. But I'd like to see it go at least 6 games. Seven would be even better.. They missed Isiah Thomas last night.

As great as LeBron can be, he is the biggest crybaby I've ever seen... Kareem was a close second. 

Irving was incredible..  

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Boston will likely go down swinging.  They cant be very disappointed.    They could force another game?  But I cant see them winning 3 in a row.   Golden st will be ready to feast on Lebron's boys.  There will be no saving them in the finals this time.

Do not underestimate the Cavs, they have two more all-stars besides LeBron!  I saw some actual team work after James was forced to sit.

2 hours ago, the chase said:

As great as LeBron can be, he is the biggest crybaby I've ever seen... Kareem was a close second. 

I used to think that was sour grapes to fans of any other team but, having watched more Cavs games in the last few years, I gotta agree.  I wonder why the refs take so much shit off him!

On 5/24/2017 at 3:01 PM, chef free said:

Do not underestimate the Cavs, they have two more all-stars besides LeBron!  I saw some actual team work after James was forced to sit.

I used to think that was sour grapes to fans of any other team but, having watched more Cavs games in the last few years, I gotta agree.  I wonder why the refs take so much shit off him!

Well the inevitable has come to fruition.  Now lets hope that Golden st plays up to their potential.   If they do, Lebron cannot account for all of their weapons.  Curry and Thompson and Durant and Green vs Lebron and Irving and Lovey dovey.  I guess anything is possible.  I still believe that the Wizards could have tested them and won two games.  Maybe even 3?  And if they were on fire who knows.  But I assure you the Wizards would not have been humiliated the way Boston was.  Wall would have given them hell.  And the important thing is they may have wore them down a bit more before their clash with the Warriors.  I don't know why Washington cant win in Boston.   Game 1 it was 16-0 and somehow they blew it. Its too bad.  Washington can add a quality player and they can contend in the East.  I believe the 76ers will be very improved next year and get in as a 7 or 6 seed.  

So who will be the guy that has to get it done?  I guess they have to work the ball away from Lebron, and give the shots to one of the big 3.  Durant, Curry and Thompson.  Someone last night said Thompson does not get the ball enough?  Charles Barclay I believe.   Ernie and KJ picked GS and Shaq and Barclay picked Cleveland.  But Shaq was kind of on the fence. I will pick Golden st in 6.

Please let this series be ENTERTAINING!  The Basketball Injury Gods have been relentless in their desire to get a GS/Cavs rematch; Leonard, Parker, Rondo, Griffin, IT, Gobert, Nurkik, Hill, Morris, etc.!  Good Lord, the list goes on!

Good god. Is the Chinese Water Torture of the NBA playoff slog over at last? Are we finally at what everyone knew before the season started...a Golden St. vs. Cleveland final?

Golden State better not fuck it up this time. Still pisses me off what happened last year.

The X-factor? Kyrie Irving. He could give Golden State trouble and this may be when we see Kyrie take the torch from Lebron as the best player on his team.

Only one more day--seems like it's been an eternity waiting for perhaps one of the more forgettable NBA playoffs to end before we get to the goods. I said earlier Warriors in 7--but like last year--it would be no sweat off my balls if Lebron got another ring. Although, I guess I'm pulling for Kevin Durant a little more....

22 hours ago, Strider said:

Good god. Is the Chinese Water Torture of the NBA playoff slog over at last? Are we finally at what everyone knew before the season started...a Golden St. vs. Cleveland final?

Golden State better not fuck it up this time. Still pisses me off what happened last year.

The X-factor? Kyrie Irving. He could give Golden State trouble and this may be when we see Kyrie take the torch from Lebron as the best player on his team.

If Tristan Thompson get going, he could really give the W's some trouble!

Did they make us wait long enough or what?  Its bullshit.  I have Golden st minus 7.  And on one of my off shore sites I have a $50 free play.  I need Golden st to score last in the game.  Is that crazy or what?  That is what they made me decide.  Will the East or West score last?  In  fucking basketball?  Unreal.   Its like trying to predict if I will get up to relieve myself 1 or 2 times in the night.  LOL.  If I am so lucky as to win, I get a $50 free play in my account.   If its a blow out, which I hope, they scrubs should try to score?  But then with like 24 or less seconds the team winning, if its not close, will just hold the ball

Hoo Yeah!  Guess who was gifted a last minute ticket to the Warriors/Cavs finals game !!!!!  Wow what a great time! Santana opens with the SSB, then we made so much noise that no one heard the Cavs team introduced, Kerr was back on the bench, and Klay broke his slump and those catch-and-shoot threes just started falling!  This series is over! Sweep! Sweep Sweep!

Archived