2016-17 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

43 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Maybe so, but Draymond will always be an idiot.

Still dumb, though. :P

I don't know about the rest of his life but his basketball intelligence is pretty damn impressive!

Well you had to know Golden St wanted that extra revenue from a sellout at game 5.  It was in the back of all of their minds, so a desperate team will always beat a complacent team.  Next game, its over.  Golden St will wave that trophy  in Lebron's face.  In yo face Lebron!!!!!!!!!

On 6/9/2017 at 7:02 PM, Sathington Willoughby said:

Jesus H. Christ. What a joke. Why not add marbles? Stickball? Hacky sack? They have diluted the Olympics to the point of oblivion. They are not fun or even important anymore. They are a pain in the ass...especially for the host city.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Jesus H. Christ. What a joke. Why not add marbles? Stickball? Hacky sack? They have diluted the Olympics to the point of oblivion. They are not fun or even important anymore. They are a pain in the ass...especially for the host city.

....I thought it seemed pretty cool.... :unsure:

Honestly, I missed the game--but I'm not sure if I missed much. One of the more underwhelming NBA playoffs in recent history. Unlike many here, I'm not a LeBron hater, but I was pulling for the Warriors, just to see Durant finally get that elusive ring. My question is, will the 2017-18 season be more of the same--another slow death march to Warriors and Cavs: Part 4?

19 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Honestly, I missed the game--but I'm not sure if I missed much. One of the more underwhelming NBA playoffs in recent history. Unlike many here, I'm not a LeBron hater, but I was pulling for the Warriors, just to see Durant finally get that elusive ring. My question is, will the 2017-18 season be more of the same--another slow death march to Warriors and Cavs: Part 4?

Durant saved them.  He was lights out.  An off night for Curry and Thompson.  As far as shooting.  Durant was unstoppable.  Lebron was too but I believe some of those drives to the net by him are offensive fouls.  He elbows the opposing player often

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Durant saved them.  He was lights out.  An off night for Curry and Thompson.  As far as shooting.  Durant was unstoppable.  Lebron was too but I believe some of those drives to the net by him are offensive fouls.  He elbows the opposing player often

I'm always a little amused at fouls in basketball.  Some guy winds up flat on his back on the floor, and HE gets charged with fouling!  I mean, I get the rules and all that, but it just looks so wrong, lol!

Shaq was famous for elbowing players especially during his layups.  He was just so big that he was knocking people left and right and most times got away with it.

On June 12, 2017 at 9:16 PM, chef free said:

Warriors get it done!

This is the first championship won in the Bay Area since the '74 A's!

Errr, congratulations and all...but have you forgot about the Oakland Raiders two championships in 1977 and 1981 and the Oakland As in 1989 and the Warriors just as recently as 2015? :cheer:

On 6/13/2017 at 8:43 PM, in_the_evening said:

I'm always a little amused at fouls in basketball.  Some guy winds up flat on his back on the floor, and HE gets charged with fouling!  I mean, I get the rules and all that, but it just looks so wrong, lol!

Shaq was famous for elbowing players especially during his layups.  He was just so big that he was knocking people left and right and most times got away with it.

Lebron likely could have made it to the NFL also

On 6/14/2017 at 7:19 PM, Strider said:

Errr, congratulations and all...but have you forgot about the Oakland Raiders two championships in 1977 and 1981 and the Oakland As in 1989 and the Warriors just as recently as 2015? :cheer:

Those games weren't won at "home", Raiders' Superbowl win in '76 was in Pasadena and in '80 it was in New Orleans,  the Warriors won in Cleveland in '15, although the A's were just across the Bay in '89 and therefore "in the Bay Area."

Tons of rumors. Wonder if Chris Paul id done in LA?  Reports that Lebron could go to Clippers.  Isn't Golden St good enough for Gods sake?  Who else do they want?  Westbrooke and Melo need to get help and so does Harden.  All top players along with Paul.  I think Blake Griffin will be moved unless CP leaves?  Draft and then trades and then all things will look much different.  I hope the Wizards go after either Westbrooke or Melo or someone that will put them in the mix with Cleveland.  I believe the 76ers might be the most improved team

Archived