2016-17 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

4 hours ago, chef free said:

Early leads are meaningless in the NBA.

No they are not.  Many NBA games are decided in the first few minutes.  A team takes over and they hold serve the rest of the way.  Its a lot to overcome.  But Washington were their own worst enemies in that situation.  All year I have seen games decided early.  

19 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It seems inevitable--Cavs vs. Warriors again. Will Durant finally get that elusive ring?

Write this in blood.  The Wizards will win big tonight and come back and win this damn series.  they are better than Boston and the only team that can beat Clevveland

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Write this in blood.  The Wizards will win big tonight and come back and win this damn series.  they are better than Boston and the only team that can beat Clevveland

Wow Rick - it's like you're psycho!  

I mean psychic :D 

9 minutes ago, ebk said:

Wow Rick - it's like you're psycho!  

I mean psychic :D 

Both.  I was texting with the local radio guro who I fight with and i told him how Baltimore would win this division.  We kicked their ass tonight.  And Wizards too!!!!!

On 5/4/2017 at 9:23 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Wizards beat the Cavs?!?! I wish I knew you so I could take some of your money!

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Everyday we walk this Earth is another day where the Clippers will never win the NBA title. :P

OK, I have heard enough of that.  So what do you think will happen now?  I tell you now, if the Wizards can win a game in Boston, they will give he Cavs holy hell.  It will make for a far better Eastern final if Washington wins.  Go Wizards.  In the West, Golden State will beat the winner of the Houston and SA series and we all know that.  I personally believe Houston can win that series.  They are better than San Anton.  But being home means more in basketball than in any sport.  Why?  I will never know.  If its Houston, I pick Golden State in 6.  SA, 4.   Golden State wins the damn crown unless there are like two major injuries.  One will not do them in. They could lose one of any of their big 3 and still win.  With all hands on deck its going to be a route. I am laying the points.  Get Down!!!:lol:

Warriors vs. Cavs in the Finals. Same prediction I had last year. Now, the problem is Draymond Green. As long as he doesn't have another 'Zinidine Zidane moment' and get himself suspended, and the team is healthy, the Warriors should win. They should have won last year....they'd be working on a 3-peat if Draymond Green wasn't such a hothead idiot.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Warriors vs. Cavs in the Finals. Same prediction I had last year. Now, the problem is Draymond Green. As long as he doesn't have another 'Zinidine Zidane moment' and get himself suspended, and the team is healthy, the Warriors should win. They should have won last year....they'd be working on a 3-peat if Draymond Green wasn't such a hothead idiot.

Wait just a minute.  I tell you Cleveland showed how weak they are and they have no supporting cast for Lebron.  So you believe Lebron can win the Eastern finals all by himself even after they had lost like 8 of 11 at one point?  I mean, if Washington can win this series, I believe they pose a far greater threat than Boston?  They have played Cleveland tough and beaten them.  They had them beaten on once occasion and Lebron hit a hail Mary shot at the buzzer to send it to OT>  I am hoping the Wizards can win one in Boston.   If they do, they are along with the Warriors one of the bet home teams in the NBA.  I say that they can  wear the Cavs down even if they do not beat them and then make it a level playing field in the finals at the very least.  Golden St will win, but beating Houston will not be a picnic.

Wow...

114-75 in Houston without Kawhi Leonard in the lineup. Now that is a team.

It made me laugh how many people were conducting memorials for the Spurs after game 1. The least important game in a 7-game series is game 1. All anyone knows after game 1 is that one team is up one game to none. That's it. The games after game 1 are the ones that truly matter.

Like virtually everyone, I expect the Warriors to win the Western Conference finals; however, the Spurs will test them. It will not be a cakewalk.

Unlike the East - the Cavs should beat either team with relative ease, IMHO.

11 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

Wow...

114-75 in Houston without Kawhi Leonard in the lineup. Now that is a team.

It made me laugh how many people were conducting memorials for the Spurs after game 1. The least important game in a 7-game series is game 1. All anyone knows after game 1 is that one team is up one game to none. That's it. The games after game 1 are the ones that truly matter.

Like virtually everyone, I expect the Warriors to win the Western Conference finals; however, the Spurs will test them. It will not be a cakewalk.

Unlike the East - the Cavs should beat either team with relative ease, IMHO.

Golden State 4-0 over the Spurs.  So tonight the Wizards likely hammer Boston at home and force game 7.  I just wish they could find a way to win that game 7.  Game 1 they had Boston on the ropes in Boston.  They gave it away.  They must now step up.  I believe Washington will pose a bigger threat to Cleveland than Boston. So I am hoping for a Wizards win.  So we might give Cleveland a fight in the East. 

The thing in the East is, after game 5, I have absolutely no confidence that the Wizards can win in Boston. They have been crushed there three times now. I don't think that the Celtics can win in Washington either - so, at the moment, all I see is Boston in 7.

I wish that we were in an alternate universe where the Wizards could have home court against the Cavs, if they met. Now, that would be an interesting series. However, as things are, I don't see how a series with the Cavs would go beyond 5 games: the Cavs would win the first two games in Cleveland, then either game 3 or game 4 in Washington, then the Cavs would finish them off in game 5 back in Ohio. The fact that Boston would have home court against the Cavs would give them at least one game and possibly two if they could summon the ghosts of playoffs past - but not beyond that. The Cavs, barring injury, are going to be in the Finals.

Spurs/Warriors will not be a sweep. That's a trendy prediction right now among Rockets-fans/Spurs-haters who are butthurt because the Spurs proved that the Rockets are not a proper title-contending team. No Parker, no Leonard, and you lose at home by 39? Jesus H. Christ...

Spurs/Warriors is always competitive. SA will win 1 or 2 games, but I also think that the Warriors (again barring injury) are just too good to be denied.

15 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So tonight the Wizards likely hammer Boston at home and force game 7

Yeah... not quite hammered.  Went to the game tonight.  It was a real nail-biter.  I have no confidence that they will win in Boston since they barely won here.

I was not quite hammered either :D 

7 hours ago, ebk said:

Yeah... not quite hammered.  Went to the game tonight.  It was a real nail-biter.  I have no confidence that they will win in Boston since they barely won here.

I was not quite hammered either :D 

It really suck because Washington can bet Cleveland in Washington. I know that they can put up a far better fight than Boston vs Lebron.  Lets hope they come out like in game 1 and this time to not collapse.  They were up 16-0 for Gods sake.  You are supposed to win when that happens.

The San Antonio Spurs are like the St. Louis Cardinals. No matter what, they just keep plugging along. They are never the trendy pick and people are always ready to shovel dirt on them, but here they are once again in the Conference Finals...after losing Parker and Leonard, no less.

Whether you cheer for the Spurs or not, you gotta respect them for their consistent tenacity. 

Harden is one of those modern-type players I cannot stand, so I took great pleasure in watching the Spurs end the Rockets' season.

13 minutes ago, Strider said:

The San Antonio Spurs are like the St. Louis Cardinals. No matter what, they just keep plugging along. They are never the trendy pick and people are always ready to shovel dirt on them, but here they are once again in the Conference Finals...after losing Parker and Leonard, no less.

Whether you cheer for the Spurs or not, you gotta respect them for their consistent tenacity. 

Harden is one of those modern-type players I cannot stand, so I took great pleasure in watching the Spurs end the Rockets' season.

Gee, thanks for adding fuel to the fire.  As in a red King fire sale.  Anyway, I just wish Washington could win game 7 because they can give Cleveland hell.  Golden St is going to win.  We know that. But i want a rematch of the 1975 finals.  Rick Barry and Golden St beat the Washington Bullets.   The old Baltimore Bullets with Wes Unseld and the Pearl before he went to the Knicks.

Funny enough, if Boston wins Monday, they'll have homecourt advantage over Cleveland. I'm a huge Celtics fan, but they really need size. They live or die by the outside shot which makes them unpredictable and streaky. They play great defense at times, but Washington is out-rebounding them. Still pretty incredible they've rebuilt as quickly as they have and with all the Brooklyn picks are going to only get better. 

I agree with you Strider about The Spurs.  They're always right up there. Consistently great, always at or near the top. I respect them a great deal.  I see alot of similarities between The Spurs and Patriots, except almost nobody hates the Spurs.. 

Archived