Your home

reswati

9 minutes ago, Walter said:

Good thing for you all of these undocumented, unvetted, refugees from Syria, etc are hanging around Europe.  You might be able to start that practice up again.  With the blessing of some major, and soon to be major, leaders of their respective countries.  Win - win, in some eyes....

That is no longer possible, since we built a wall around our country to exactly prevent that from happening (It seems that stealth Mexicans have been stealing our tulips for centuries).

33 minutes ago, reswati said:

That is no longer possible, since we built a wall around our country to exactly prevent that from happening (It seems that stealth Mexicans have been stealing our tulips for centuries).

Very progressive thinking on your country's part.  Keeping it great, I see.

On 21.12.2016 at 6:39 PM, reswati said:

Neither......water is very scarce in Holland, so it is forbidden to have running water. We heat our houses with log fires in the living room, but we must always be cautious as to not burn our houses down, since we can not extinguish the flames due to the water restrictions.

(Just in case if you wonder how we flush our toilet......most of us just poop in the garden and then bury the stuff).

So, it means that you live in a bad place with no water and modern facilities. But we have them. So, it means that I live in a good place, where we have it all.

Hey Mrs CP they have modern facilities in Russia !! Time to sell up and move east. Just think? Cabbage soup, potatoes, and beyond incredible, water - running water to boot. And get this, the big cheese is that big fella Putin, yes Vlad !!! Oh boy i can hardly wait. Forget the old scores , you know the football fans in France and all that, it will be a good place and we can forget about the bad place we live in.

5 hours ago, reswati said:

How can there be any running water in Russia, since everything is frozen there?

Since Chernobyl, I didn't think it froze there anymore.  Just appears to be snowing....  And who doesn't like brownish-yellow water anyway?  Liberal.....

7 hours ago, reswati said:

How can there be any running water in Russia, since everything is frozen there?

I meant the thing we call  "водопровод" in Russian ,"water supply" in English, "eau courante, aqueduc" in French, "Wasserleitung"in German, "caneria del agua" in Spanish and "waterleiding" in Dutch.

1 hour ago, Freeyyaa said:

I meant the thing we call  "водопровод" in Russian ,"water supply" in English, "eau courante, aqueduc" in French, "Wasserleitung"in German, "caneria del agua" in Spanish and "waterleiding" in Dutch.

Are those epibrated ones or not? (And if so, which kind of spoo is used to do?)

14 hours ago, Walter said:

Since Chernobyl, I didn't think it froze there anymore.  Just appears to be snowing....  And who doesn't like brownish-yellow water anyway?  Liberal.....

I guess it takes a snowflake to know one. :P 

Very funny to make fun of the Chernobyl tragedy. Like making a joke of someone disfigured because of what happened on 3-Mile Island.

Here ya go! Here's a laugh up your alley, Walter. You can make a joke from it. Merry Christmas. :) 

5 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Absolutely classy! I'm envious of that Outrider golden vinyl. Could you say anymore about it, Jonesy? That angel is warming too. Who did the artwork on your 4th picture? Stunning! Thank you for sharing.

The first Outrider item is an original and authentic Recording Industry Artists of America (RIAA) gold album award presented for the sale of more than 500,000 copies of the album. Generally speaking, when an artist or industry executive, etc. is awarded a gold album it's from the RIAA. The first RIAA gold album awards were produced and presented in the 1970s.

The second Outrider item is an original and authentic Ampex Golden Reel Award. Ampex used to produce and present Golden Reel Awards for artists (and those directly involved with the recording of an album) who used Ampex recording tape to do so. The award that I am holding was originally presented to the late George Marino, who was the sound engineer for Outrider. He also worked closely with Jimmy Page over a period of 18 days in May 1990 on Led Zeppelin: The Definitive Collection, which was the band's first boxed set. It came to me directly from the estate of George Marino with a letter of provenance and as such has a lot of sentimental value to me.

The artwork is by Alphonse Mucha. Led Zeppelin manager Peter Grant was an avid collector of Art Nouveau, as is Jimmy Page to some extent. I don't have a large collection of Art Nouveau, but I can certainly appreciate it, especially Alphonse Mucha's artwork. I highly recommend the book below for those who would like to learn more. 

----------

Alphonse%20Mucha%20001_zpsclsmunrl.jpg

Alphonse%20Mucha%20002_zpsldpnyr9n.jpg

ALPHONSE MUCHA: MASTERWORKS This is a truly great book showcasing the Art Nouveau masterpieces of one of the world’s most outstanding and treasured artists. A beautifully illustrated reference book that charts the life and work of a man who epitomized Parisian art during the fin-de-siècle. The informative text goes hand-in-hand with over 150 stunning reproductions of Mucha’s most stirring and iconic works. Alphonse Mucha: Masterworks is the perfect gateway to learning more about this versatile artist – one who was truly successful in producing both commercial pieces and ‘high art’. This book is ideal reading for those with little knowledge of Mucha as well as those looking to learn more.

----------

31 minutes ago, Freeyyaa said:

At first:

I do not have such good command of German as you do. So, what do these words mean? 

Second:

Why do you and Walter scoffer at me? I asked you a very decent question.

Well, it is of no importance anyway...........(it is a chemical process to terminate specific viruses).

Just wondering, do you prefer hot or cold water?

As to question 2: I guess many things Walter and I are saying got lost in translation (and I can not answer for Walter since I can not look into his head and answer for him).

We can discuss the rest somewhere in the future, I still have to fill in some divorce papers and get things done, it has a higher priority now than discussing heatings and water. Best wishes and happy Christmas.

Archived