The Brady Bunch TV show

kipper

I was so sad to hear that Florence Henderson died. When I was a kid I always wished she was my mother.  Did anyone else love this show too?   I don't know if the people in Europe ever saw this show but it was very popular.

When I was a little girl, I used to come home from school at 3 PM and eagerly sit down to watch an episode of The Brady Bunch and other classic shows like I Love Lucy. It was at that time that I also discovered Bewitched, which used to be the show I watched just before bedtime! :) 

Shows like these warm my heart even today. Mrs. Brady and Alice were my favourite characters. 

I loved the show as well and share similar memories as Kiwi with those shows. Along with the original Star Trek, Outer Limits, Night Gallery, Kung Fu, The Banana Splits, and every goddamned doped up fever dream Sid & Marty Croft ever put to screen. I still have Lidsville dreams to this day...that sonofabitch hat !!!

Oh, and a shout out to Steve: Johnny Sakko and his Giant Robot, G-Force, Speed Racer, and of course the greatest...Ultraman.

Rest in peace Flo, you will be missed.

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Didn't he (Barry) slip it to Flo Henderson a few times while they were filming the series? I heard that somewhere as well as David Cassidy was getting down with Shirley Jones, some of the old in-out, in-out between takes. The former I have no problem with, the latter is creepy as hell if true as David Cassidy was Shirley Jones step-son (Jones was married to Jack Cassidy).

edit: Then again, if I had a step-mom that looked like Shirley Jones circa 1972, this little kangaroo would be up in her pouch like a perverted madman.

Damn Hollywood!

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 9:15 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Didn't he (Barry) slip it to Flo Henderson a few times while they were filming the series? I heard that somewhere as well as David Cassidy was getting down with Shirley Jones, some of the old in-out, in-out between takes. The former I have no problem with, the latter is creepy as hell if true as David Cassidy was Shirley Jones step-son (Jones was married to Jack Cassidy).

edit: Then again, if I had a step-mom that looked like Shirley Jones circa 1972, this little kangaroo would be up in her pouch like a perverted madman.

Damn Hollywood!

Barry Williams admitted to having a crush on Florence Henderson but that was about it.

Shirley Jones was a bit of free spirit in her day, but I don't think she had an affair with her step son.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:46 PM, kipper said:

Barry Williams admitted to having a crush on Florence Henderson but that was about it.

Shirley Jones was a bit of free spirit in her day, but I don't think she had an affair with her step son.

According to Florence Henderson, she will neither confirm nor deny the rumours. Williams on the other hand has eluded strongly to a meage a trois between him, FloHo, and Susan Olson so... This is what happens when a hot, horny housewife widow gets with an architect more interested in his "drawings" than his hot wife. Utter pandemonium.

Now Shirley Jones and David Cassidy, oh yea, the both admitted to that deed. Jones went so far as to say when it came to sack time, the acorn did not fall far from the tree. Now THAT is a free spirit. Damn, if I thought my dad would have hooked up with a dame like Jones I would have actively encouraged the disillusionment of my parents marriage to tap dat ass. YEEEE HAWWWW!!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...