Our FIRST Annual Forum Holiday Party (December 2016)

SteveAJones

The purpose of this thread is to announce and hold our first annual end of year holiday party, and the purpose of this virtual event which runs from now until December 31st is to encourage anyone interested to take a moment to reflect on all we have shared here in 2016.

So with that being said, and just for the sake of getting things started, here's one example of what a forum party post could look like:

What's Your Song? (the music to be played upon arrival) Why?    

Are You Accompanied by Anyone or Going Solo?

Who Is Welcome to Join You? Why?

Who, If Anyone, Do You Hope to Catch Beneath the Mistletoe? Why?

What are You Having to Eat? Drink? Why?   

*What Are Some of Your Favorite Threads or Moments Here from 2016? Why?

Care to roast someone? Go for it.

...any other thoughts, ideas, songs, pictures or things you want to share...

Let's make this the best or worst virtual forum party of all time!

:welcome2:

Edited by SteveAJones

If it's an end of the year Zeppelin forum party I would love to have non-stop Zeppelin and Zeppelin related videos/audios playing on the big screen with the most memorable 2016 posts from our board members inserted for us to look back at all together as we get ready to bring in 20171 I already know a few posts I would throw in from some of our more colorful characters. :D This year has went by so quick though. What were all the main Zeppelin/Zeppelin related key news items this year?

Let's see. Jimmy Page was to be seen playing live, Robert Plant toured and also did a single for a charity and more I'm sure that I can't remember now. John Paul Jones at the beginning of the year was involved with the Todos Santos Music Festival and Beca Angel Charity and more recently played onstage with Sara Watkins, Jason Bonham did some J.B.L.Z.E. and The Circle concerts and we have heard news of an upcoming B.C.C. album. What other key Led Zeppelin/related events happened in 2016?

Edited by luvlz2

4 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

If it's an end of the year Zeppelin forum party I would love to have non-stop Zeppelin and Zeppelin related videos/audios playing on the big screen with the most memorable 2016 posts from our board members inserted for us to look back at all together as we get ready to bring in 20171 I already know a few posts I would throw in from some of our more colorful characters. :D This year has went by so quick though. What were all the main Zeppelin/Zeppelin related key news items this year?

Let's see. Jimmy Page was to be seen playing live, Robert Plant toured and also did a single for a charity and more I'm sure that I can't remember now. John Paul Jones at the beginning of the year was involved with the Todos Santos Music Festival and Beca Angel Charity and more recently played onstage with Sara Watkins, Jason Bonham did some J.B.L.Z.E. and The Circle concerts and we have heard news of an upcoming B.C.C. album. What other key Led Zeppelin/related events happened in 2016?

THIS THREAD IS THE PARTY. It's a virtual event. Glad to see you could make it. 

Other memorable Led Zeppelin news from 2016 was the release of the BBC Sessions remasters and of course the fallout from the Classic Rock Awards in Tokyo. There were still quite a few significant bootleg titles released, with the promise of more to follow.

I'll mention one piece of useless trivia for the sake of generating some small talk. According to my notes, the guys only made the front cover of four magazines this year. I realize there are probably a few more cover stories I may have missed, but it does not change the fact this is their fewest cover stories in any given year since 1968.   

Edited by SteveAJones

Great idea!

I would bring my son. He's 16 and discovered the band in a major way. I'm so happy about it!  He even wants to learn guitar,  and is going to try to do a course in music production. ... a huge turnaround for us as he was battling depression and anxiety. 

His favourite sings are Achilles,  For your life, Stairway and Kashmir (among others!), so yeah blast those as we enter. He'll be wearing the new tshirt I got him with the exploding zeppelin on the front.  Me? I'll be wearing a huge smile :)

On 12/5/2016 at 2:06 AM, SteveAJones said:

I'll mention one piece of useless trivia for the sake of generating some small talk. According to my notes, the guys only made the front cover of four magazines this year. I realize there are probably a few more cover stories I may have missed, but it does not change the fact this is their fewest cover stories in any given year since 1968.   

Interesting!

My song on arrival would be Destiny by Zero 7 - in fact anything by Zero 7 as it would breeze in and some might say " who is this?"

On my arm would be Mrs CP - the most wonderful person I have ever met and we are still together after 30 years 

Under the Mistletoe?? Hummm a sneak peck from DD would be cheeky or a full on from Selena Gomez

Eat: A Beef Rendang - the Indonesian version. A fiery coconut curry which when done well is truly a wonderful thing.

Drink: Wine red from Rioja - A Bodegas Navaras Gran Reserva, and white from New Zealand - Cloudy Bay Sauvignion Blanc. I would bring beers as a token but I won't drink it

If I'm allowed, some Grass from Northern California or some Malana Cream from The Himalaya India

There are many threads that I've enjoyed. The swapping of Foodie thoughts, getting to know Kiwi and Walter and that big man from LA LA Land. The Random Thoughts and the live stuff and the weather reports from around the globe

I personally would never "roast" anyone, even the many dicks on this forum. My end of the year would be to remember the musicians we've lost and the friends we have all lost at home. Oh and that Geek freak gets a job that he deserves and is not treated like shit.

Boom Shiva !

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Thozil! Glad you could make it. I really appreciate all of the archival material you have shared this year.

^^Me too, thanks a lot thozil! :)

It's good to be here...so where's the stage, I hear Jimmy's going to drop by with his guitar ;-) ?

Where's that confounded bar, I'm thirsty. 

Edited by thozil

11 minutes ago, thozil said:

Oh he will play. I want to hear the Fillmore 69 Lemon Song intro live. It's a virtual party, virtually anything goes....

Well if it's a virtual party then get the whole band in and say " right lads just play that Royal Albert Hall show again please"

My husband and I will walk in to "Bron-yr-Aur".   I'll have a glass of Virginia white wine and he'll have jack & coke; we'll munch on artichoke dip and Christmas cookies.

Hopefully someone can catch me up on forum highlights from the last year at this party; I've taken on some new commitments and haven't been able to come by as much.

My song on arrival : Freewill by Rush - as I love Rush (absolutely bleedin' mad about that band - if I actually get to meet the members of Rush, I'll probably break down in tears and thank them for the wonderful music which took me through a challenging period in my life) and I believe in the freedom of the individual (I find certain works by Ayn Rand to be mesmerizing)

I would love to come to this party with my mom. I love her so much. She has been so supportive of all my life's choices and has been the one person who has stood by me, through the good times and bad. We share a bond like no other mom-daughter pair. Our birthdays are just 24 hours apart :wub: 

Eat: Indian food will be on the menu this year. I am super proud of my heritage. I will be feasting on Egg Fried Rice, Aloo Dum and Thayir Vadai

Drink: What can I say? I am a whisky girl! :D Amrut Fusion Single Malt whisky. The spicy notes that one tastes in the palate are just too good to resist!  

Some of my favourite forum thread moments for 2016 are:

Sharing my love for food with wonderful folks like CP, Strider and DD in the Food thread

Sharing a lot of laughs with two fantastic blokes Sathington Willoughby and Reswati in a variety threads such as the Random Thoughts thread and the Make Me Laugh thread (to name a few ;) )

Getting to know CP even better in the Random Thoughts thread :wave: 

Sharing memorable 'music moments' in the What Are You Listening To thread with Strider (like the time when I chose to celebrate Alex Lifeson's birthday or the time when I went completely over the top when I celebrated Freddie Mercury's 70th birthday :P )

Receiving incredibly happy news about Mrs. Walter, in the Happy thread! May she kick Cancer in the behind!! :cheer: 

I also really enjoyed the Meeting Forum Members in the Flesh thread! What a wonderful way to document forum member meet ups! :thumbsup: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87