2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

49 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I have zero interest in watching the Yankees open the season--sorry Walter. But, Bumgarner vs. Greinke at 4pm should be a good one...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Come on paul - it's real baseball.  Surely you want to watch!  If for no other reason than to root against the Yankees!!

25 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Rick may have had a point about me making a mistake picking the G-Men in the West--that pen looks as shaky as last year. But--as always--you can't overreact after one game.

Syndergaard tomorrow--can't wait...

It's Rick.  And it's day one.  It'll be fine... ;) 

12 hours ago, ebk said:

It's Rick.  And it's day one.  It'll be fine... ;) 

Not sure how to take that one Esther.  Have fun as I know you will be at the opener.  I would be if I lived down there.  Go O's.  And I stand by my pick that the G-men will not make it.  Colorado.  The Dodgers run away with the West.  Cleveland  at Texas and Toronto at Baltimore are two good games and so is the Seattle game. You look at the starting pitchers across the board today.  You will not find another day with so many quality starters going all at once.  I am thinking my second AL wild card pick of Houston is shaky, even though the experts love the Astros and  are picking them to win the West.  I have gone with Seattle and Houston as a Wild Card.  I worry about leaving the Tigers and KC off.  Someone of those two is going to be there hanging around until the end.  I know Boston has the big scary starting rotation.  But I believe we have the better team in the field man for man.  After Betts and Bogaarts, they are not as deep as us.  And the Yankees infield right now is not very good as seen yesterday.  I am not sure how many errors they wound up with but the fielding was a joke.  Our infield is the best defensive infield in the game.  Davis never gets enough credit for his fielding.  I wonder if Chris Sale has  a problem with Porcello getting the nod over him on opening day?  Lots of egos out there.

And do not forget Esther, I was the first winner of the bloody baseball contest.!!!!!B)

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

And do not forget Esther, I was the first winner of the bloody baseball contest.!!!!!B)

And I was the last winner :D

Off to the ballpark - yay!!!!!

2 hours ago, ebk said:

And I was the last winner :D

Off to the ballpark - yay!!!!!

I am jealous.  The real opening day.  The Nats and Marlins and Mets  and Braves getting ready to go on MLB.  The Mets feed might be blacked out and fed here on MSG?  Matters not, I can get any game.  The Yankees are the only pain in the ass if they are playing the Orioles.  Sometimes I get screwed

Oh man, got my first look at Wieters in a Nats uni.  Sucks.  My jersey is worthless.  Weather great in DC which means it has to be in Baltimore also.  

Looking at the starting lineup for the Mets.  Very good outfield and first baseman.

EBK, if you see this you do not have to answer if you wish not to.  Where are your seats?  Are they in the same place as when we came down?  For the Atlanta game?  Or do  you move around from game to game?  I know if you have season tickets you have to have the same ones.  I tell you getting to go to Camden Yards and then AT&T park to see  our team is just as good as it gets.

Now lets sweep these bastard Blue Jays and keep them down from day 1.  I cant stand them.   They lost Encarcion.  That cannot help them.  We lost Wieters and grabbed a guy with pretty much the same numbers at the plate.   But I doubt he has the rifle arm Matt does?  We will have to hope.  We also need Joseph to put that horrible year behind him.  He is capable.

12 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Mets not having trouble scoring runs today--of course, all those runs came after Noah left the game; but that's ok...

I see they are having a cake walk.  And vs a decent pitcher.  Trumbo just went into the opposite field corner to make it 2-0 Orioles.  A double.  Chris Davis hit one in the same area off the wall and got thrown out at second.  But it did drive in our first run.  Gausman comes back and has a 5 pitch, 3 up and down inning.  Cal Ripken looks on from the boxes.

My stinking Rockies had a 4-0 lead and its now 5-4.  Sucks.  Anyone that has Dish or Cablet MLB channel is on free all  week for you to preview.  I have the package all year.  Late night games are good to have when you are burning the midnight oil.  We go to the 5th with a 2-0 lead.  I want to see our middle relief come in in a bit and mow them down.  Darren O'Day is my favorite relief guy other than the iceman, Zach Britton

Fucking Gausman.  Yank his ass.  3 walks and luckily one run only.  He was cruising and then gets wild.  I am so fucking mad my cat is hiding under the couch.  Now we need runs.  Seth just struck out.  Where did this guy come from?  I hope Tyler Wilson gets the ball next inning.  Time for a HR.  By us

Archived