2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Oh yeah, almost forgot....Go Yankees!

They have had some lucky one run wins courtesy of a horrible job by the catcher and infield of St Louis which is horrible.  They need a second baseman big time.  The Orioles even though they lost the game yesterday, found a very good pitcher in Asher the former Philly.  The Yankees will have to play some good teams eventually.  I do not think they are deep enough.  Toronto has really dug themselves a hole.  The old saying is you cant win a pennant in April but you can lose one.  I think they have done that.  And they have lost Anderson, who I cannot stand.  Boston has their own problems with injuries and its lucky for them they got the Pirates.  There is a long way to go

For the first time in 20 something years, the Saint Louis Cardinals are off to their worst start of a season.  For any Cardinals fan, it is a concern, but I am a faithful and loyal fan to know that this is just a "beginning of the season" fluke.  My confidence in Them will never waiver, even if they do not do so good this season, (which I think will change).  Even with their current record, it is never wise to count out the Saint Louis Cardinals at any point in any baseball season. 

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

For the first time in 20 something years, the Saint Louis Cardinals are off to their worst start of a season.  For any Cardinals fan, it is a concern, but I am a faithful and loyal fan to know that this is just a "beginning of the season" fluke.  My confidence in Them will never waiver, even if they do not do so good this season, (which I think will change).  Even with their current record, it is never wise to count out the Saint Louis Cardinals at any point in any baseball season. 

Your team could not beat those rebuilding shitbags one time for us?   Unreal.  OK.  We will take care of our own business and as you can see, we are.  Baltimore is in this for  the long haul.  We found our 5th man for our rotation yesterday in Asher.  He pitched a gem and was not rewarded but it was very useful as we know what we have.   Tillman is coming back within two weeks.  We are ripping the cover off the ball.  Go O's

You know King, I watched some of that terrible game last night.  Your second baseman totally screwed up the joint and so it the catcher.  Terrible defense by the Cardinals in this series.  No hitting other than Carpenter who is always reliable, and the pitching was not good either.  The Yankees are in rebuild, and dont even have Sanchez.  We lit Wright of Boston up like  a Xmas tree so hoping that Tampa can light him up in Boston tomorrow.   Boston being the other team to contend with us.  Toronto is toast already and its only April.   

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Getting swept by the Fish, ugnhhh. The starting pitching was good enough in all 3 games, but the bullpen gave it up everytime. Well--with any luck--we should pound the Phillies...

I would not take them lightly with Eichhoff and Valesquez.  Two good pitchers in their own right.  No "mighty Cardinal " posts this morning.  Humble bumbles are they in my book. Getting fucking swept by a bunch of rebuilding dreamers.  They beat the White Sox they might tie us for first for today.   We go to  Cincy tomorrow.  Memories of the 1970 "Brooks Robison series".  The Yankees go to the Pirates and I say they will put up a better fight than the Cardinals whose infield and catcher Molina are both pure shit.  I tell you with Archer and Tillman returning and our hitting and our great infield, the best in baseball easily, we are going to kick some damn ass.  

Yadier Molina is one of the greatest catchers of all-time.  Don't disrespect someone because they made an error in a game that you wanted them to win.

Yadier Molina is definitely a first time Hall of Fame inductee.  Certainly way better than Matt Wieters, who defected to the Washington Nationals. 

Like I have said plenty of times before, never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  

There is still 149 games to play.  

If you choose to go this route and insult a future Hall of Famer, that just shows me how shallow and callous you can be and where your misguided mindset is.

Your Baltimore Orioles will never make it to the 2017 World Series.  Remind me when the Orioles were last in a World Series and the last time they won one?

Was it within the past 6 years?  The "Mighty Saint Louis Cardinals" won the 2006 World Series and the 2011 World Series.  Where were the Baltimore Orioles in the past 25 years prior to 2006? 

Please explain and elaborate your reply.  I can't wait to read your rebuttal and nonsensical rhetoric. 

Edited to add:

I am not your enemy, but if you choose to do battle with Me, or a war of Words (so to speak), I will NOT relent.  I suggest that you ease up on all the negative diatribe that you always espouse when it comes down to who you like or hate just based on your team.  You, and everyone else who follows this Baseball topic, does not see or read Me saying such negative comments (and Posts) like you do.  You say a lot of Shit that really should not be tolerated on such an easy topic as a Baseball thread. 

Calm down, LedZeppfan1977, it is only a Game that neither of Us play.  I am one of the nicest and easiest going persons that you could ever meet, but I do have My limits.  Keep your harsh and negative opinions to yourself.  Believe Me, it is in your best interest.  Keep it up and who knows what could happen and "report" you for such brutal and insignificant comments. 

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Yadier Molina is one of the greatest catchers of all-time.  Don't disrespect someone because they made an error in a game that you wanted them to win.

Yadier Molina is definitely a first time Hall of Fame inductee.  Certainly way better than Matt Wieters, who defected to the Washington Nationals. 

Like I have said plenty of times before, never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  

There is still 149 games to play.  

If you choose to go this route and insult a future Hall of Famer, that just shows me how shallow and callous you can be and where your misguided mindset is.

Your Baltimore Orioles will never make it to the 2017 World Series.  Remind me when the Orioles were last in a World Series and the last time they won one?

Was it within the past 6 years?  The "Mighty Saint Louis Cardinals" won the 2006 World Series and the 2011 World Series.  Where were the Baltimore Orioles in the past 25 years prior to 2006? 

Please explain and elaborate your reply.  I can't wait to read your rebuttal and nonsensical rhetoric. 

Edited to add:

I am not your enemy, but if you choose to do battle with Me, or a war of Words (so to speak), I will NOT relent.  I suggest that you ease up on all the negative diatribe that you always espouse when it comes down to who you like or hate just based on your team.  You, and everyone else who follows this Baseball topic, does not see or read Me saying such negative comments (and Posts) like you do.  You say a lot of Shit that really should not be tolerated on such an easy topic as a Baseball thread. 

Calm down, LedZeppfan1977, it is only a Game that neither of Us play.  I am one of the nicest and easiest going persons that you could ever meet, but I do have My limits.  Keep your harsh and negative opinions to yourself.  Believe Me, it is in your best interest.  Keep it up and who knows what could happen and "report" you for such brutal and insignificant comments. 

This post is loaded with pure shit.  I skim read it and knew exactly the propaganda that would emerge.  So Molina sucks.  And so do your Cardinals.  SUCK.  Their second baseman blew a ground ball that a first grader little leaguer would have made. Bush leaguers that they are.  Swept by a rebuilding group.  Now I will give the Yankees some credit for turning their season around, but they have not played anyone of any quality other than us who they were beaten by.  We go to Cincy and once again Buck has to put that shit bag Jiminez out there.  WE should light them up like a Xmas tree.  We will need 13 to beat them but its do able. After he pitches i feel better. I do not think we need his sorry ass.  WE have Asher now.  Get rid of that bum.  

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Up in April. Down in September. It is never wise to get too high or too low about your team in April. It is only the first chapter in a long season of a book.

Indeed.  I certainly hope to forget this game on my TV by September.  Hell, I hope to forget it by tomorrow.  Yikes...

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

We go to Cincy and once again Buck has to put that shit bag Jiminez out there.  WE should light them up like a Xmas tree.  

The Cincinnati Reds lit up your Baltimore orioles like it was the Fucking 4th of July.  

Man, loved that big Yankees broom coming out for that sweep.  The future looks bright in the Bronx!  This is when we are at our best, home grown talent mixed with smart signings, not big $ signings.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Man, loved that big Yankees broom coming out for that sweep.  The future looks bright in the Bronx!  This is when we are at our best, home grown talent mixed with smart signings, not big $ signings.

The Yankees have beaten nobody good in a series.  Wait until they  play someone.  We beat them 2 out of 3 and they were lucky in game 3 as O'day was coming off the FLU.  What weapons do they really have?  You really believe they are going to win this year?

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

The Cincinnati Reds lit up your Baltimore orioles like it was the Fucking 4th of July.  

Yes they did.  They have not seen this team in 7 years and I think they were caught off guard a bit.  I do not like that Buck has this pitcher we need to dump listed for tomorrow.  But its one game.  We will score on them before this is over. I wont trade our record for yours

19 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Yankees have beaten nobody good in a series.  Wait until they  play someone.  We beat them 2 out of 3 and they were lucky in game 3 as O'day was coming off the FLU.  What weapons do they really have?  You really believe they are going to win this year?

Considering teams have only played around 12-15 games thus far, who knows who's good and who's not at this point.  If you sweep a team, that's losing 20-25% of your season at that point.  

Anyway, I like the long term look of the Yankees right now.  More youth and less over paid vets is where they are and need to be.

2-0 Orioles in the 8tha  and Bundy pitched a great game.  3 games in a row by our starters that they went into the 8th.  Now the reliever is in a jam.  2 on with no outs. Bad calls by this fucking ump on these balls that are strikes.  Fucking Pedroia has a full count.  Put the ball down main street on the prick

On 4/16/2017 at 9:58 PM, kingzoso said:

What do you know about this Aquino?  Pitcher we got from your Cardinals?  Did he ever pitch a game for St Louis?  I have no idea why Buck would start him over Asher who was tremendous last week in his debut?  We take the best record in baseball into the game tonight.  Why mess with that?7-5 and the Reds still batting in the boittom of the second.   Unreal

2nd inning of the Reds and Cubs.  Cubs score 3 in top of first.  Then Reds get 4 on Arrieta bottom of first.  Top of second a grand slam by the Cubs and now its 

Well the Cubs are at the Red Sox next weekend.  The Cubs announcers are talking about the Pedroia injury at second base in Baltimore last night.  They also said the Orioles have the best record in baseball and the Cubs will be at Camden Yards later.  EBK, I would get a ticket to that one for sure.  Will be interesting to see if Pedroia plays tonight.  HE has told the team he does not expect to miss time, but that his him talking.  The team I believe will be more cautious.  I am not for this Aquino move tonight.  I would have given the ball to Asher.  Oh well.  We scored 9 on Wright in the first inning in Boston last out  So he goes for Boston and maybe we can send him to the showers early

Paul, I see your boys have a huge one tonight.  DeGromo and Gonzalez.  Bumgartner on the long term DL list.  I now have no regrets taking the Rockies as my Wild CArd.  But I do wonder if the Reds would have been a good pick also?  They are giving the Cubs and Arietta hell.  This looks like it might be a football score.

50 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They also said the Orioles have the best record in baseball and the Cubs will be at Camden Yards later.  EBK, I would get a ticket to that one for sure.

I have tickets for 2 of the games.   If I can't find anyone to go with me, I'm sure I can sell them for a million dollars :) 

Archived