2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

7 hours ago, ebk said:

I have tickets for 2 of the games.   If I can't find anyone to go with me, I'm sure I can sell them for a million dollars :) 

No doubt.  Or give them to me.  LOL

We have the best record in baseball.   That punk Donnie Hart.  Why does Buck have so much faith in him?  Thank God O'Day came in and finished off Boston.  Two strikes and two outs and Hart drills the guy  Asshole almost cost me $80

Who has the best record in all of baseball?  Oh gee, the Baltimore Orioles.  And their make shift starting rotation is in great shape and Tillman is coming back very very soon.  I want to sweep Boston today   I do not know how the Yankees are winning but I think part of it is them taking advantage of a weak early schedule.  Lets see how they do when they have to play the big boys.  They have been feasting on Pittsburgh, who they lost one to, and other teams with trouble like St Louis who has no infield.

The Saint Louis Cardinals were 3-9 a week or so ago.  As of right now, the Cardinals are 9-10.  6 wins to 1 loss.  Not an ideal way for such a historic franchise to start off a baseball season, but just a reminder that, against all odds, never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  I know and realize that there are still 144 games to play so anything can happen to any MLB team. 

I really do not care for any other team, other than the Houston Astros and the Texas Rangers, but the Chicago Cubs (so far) have also been far from dominant. 

21 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals were 3-9 a week or so ago.  As of right now, the Cardinals are 9-10.  6 wins to 1 loss.  Not an ideal way for such a historic franchise to start off a baseball season, but just a reminder that, against all odds, never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  I know and realize that there are still 144 games to play so anything can happen to any MLB team. 

I really do not care for any other team, other than the Houston Astros and the Texas Rangers, but the Chicago Cubs (so far) have also been far from dominant. 

I just read recently that Texas has major problems in their bullpen.  Do you agree with this?  

36 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I just read recently that Texas has major problems in their bullpen.  Do you agree with this?  

To be honest, I really don't know but I do know that the Rangers also got off to a shaky start.  The have the same record as the Cardinals.  9-10. 

The Astros have the second best record in the American League after your Orioles.  

16 hours ago, Walter said:

Rick, as usual, doesn't know what the phuk he's talking about.... Go Yankees!

Oh I dont huh?  But my Orioles sit in first place and I am the only one that picked Colorado in the contest.  So far so good.  Now the Yankees start to play the real schedule.  

42 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Getting swept by the Nats and sitting in 4th place--that hurts. But, it's only April--no reason to panic... yet... 

:unsure:

The old saying is, you cant win a pennant in April, but you can lose one.   My biggest mistake was picking Seattle and that sack of crap Felix the rat.  

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Getting swept by the Nats and sitting in 4th place--that hurts. But, it's only April--no reason to panic... yet... 

:unsure:

For one thing they have not played anyone of quality yet other than us and we beat them 2 of 3 and should have swept them if not for a lucky chain of events.  But when you get Pittsburgh on your schedule and The White Sox before they regained their swagger as they have appeared to? Who thought KC wold be so bad or Toronto?  I think they also had Anaheim and some other garbage piles on their schedule.  Let see how they fare vs the Red Sox with Sale and Porcello and the O's with the big guns

Tonight Sale vs Tanaka.   My money is on Sale.  As for your Mets Paul, the scariest stat is looking at that last 10, 1-9!!!!!!   That is bad.  I mean real bad.  I do not know what is going on but with the starting rotation they have a stat like that gets managers fired and fired in May.  If things keep going South, lets say Synergard gets rocked by Atlanta, I do not like the chances of the manager surviving.

We had a tough one against the pesky Rays.  But we got it done.  Without Zach Britton.  Brach has done well.   I will be happy to see Zach back though because then we have Brad Brach and O'Day as two long term relief guys with Givens and others.  The best bullpen in the American league hands down.  Trumbo is in a slump, but we continue to win.  When he breaks out its going to be great.  Yankees at Boston tonight and then Birds to to NY tomorrow.  I would like to beat them two of 3 again.  At least.

Like Jim Palmer said, I cant remember winning a game on a walk walk off.  With the bases loaded the Orioles won on 4 balls in a row and the winning run was walked home.

Boston is likely in a foul mood and with Sale going you have to like their chances.  I am not sure if Bird has woken from his long slump?  I know the Yankees were considering sending him down to the minors to get him on track ?  Dont think it happened so I assume he has had some success.  The Orioles will be in NY waiting for them and I am assuming Gausman will go tomorrow.  I had thought he might have the best season for any starter but so fare that is not the case  Bundy has been great, Jiminez has been surprisingly decent enough that he has not killed us, yet.  Miley has been very good.  And there have been a couple of make shift starts.  I thought Worley was coming back?  Asher looked great in his only start but then last night they used him in relief and he struggled hitting two batters.  Aquino had  one start and a win.  Tillman and Britton should be back and damn minute.  It cannot be soon enough

FUCK THESE BLOODY FUCKING MUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:BUSHERS

BRAVES UP.  MUTTS THROWN OUT AT HOME.  UNREAL

The Saint Louis Cardinals are back.  After a 3-9 start they are now 11-11.  Only 1.5 games behind the Cubs.  There are still 140 games remaining so anything can happen.  No matter what happens (this year or 10 years from now),  I will never lose faith in the Saint Louis Cardinals.  

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals are back.  After a 3-9 start they are now 11-11.  Only 1.5 games behind the Cubs.  There are still 140 games remaining so anything can happen.  No matter what happens (this year or 10 years from now),  I will never lose faith in the Saint Louis Cardinals.  

Oh yeah!!!!  They just beat those big bad Blue Jays.  Oh yeah!!!!!  I will check back in a week captain!!   :hysterical:

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Manny Machado hits a solo HR 475 feet off the upper deck in center field in NY.  Longest HR of the year in the bigs.  5-0 Orioles right now

5-0 seems like such a looooooong time ago....

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Manny Machado hits a solo HR 475 feet off the upper deck in center field in NY.  Longest HR of the year in the bigs.  5-0 Orioles right now

Former Cardinal great Matt Holliday hits a 3 run home run in the bottom of the 10th to beat the Orioles.  The Orioles blew a 9-1 lead. 

22 hours ago, ebk said:

5-0 seems like such a looooooong time ago....

Buck Showalter screwed us by playing around and letting Nuno pitch.  That jerk is not major league material.  All he has to do is go with Givens and O'Day8 and its lights out.  But he has to mess around.  I am sick of some of his decisions.  And keeping Jiminez around is another joke.  Thanks God Zach is back tomorrow and Tillman on Tuesday

How about those White Sox!!!!!!  Unreal.  

20 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Former Cardinal great Matt Holliday hits a 3 run home run in the bottom of the 10th to beat the Orioles.  The Orioles blew a 9-1 lead. 

20 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I know.  I watched it.  It was due to Showalter using a bum like Nuno.  The guy is a joke and not part of the regular bullpen.  Dumb ass move.  Zach Britton returns tomorrow.  If he had been available, it would have been lights out.  Like it will be from here on out with him and Tillman back.  Your boys are still in the crapper

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Your boys are still in the crapper

I wouldn't say that because the Cardinals are one game out of first behind the Cubs and your Orioles are one game out of first behind the Yankees.  Your Orioles currently have a better record then the Cardinals but both our teams are in the same predicament (at the moment). 

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I wouldn't say that because the Cardinals are one game out of first behind the Cubs and your Orioles are one game out of first behind the Yankees.  Your Orioles currently have a better record then the Cardinals but both our teams are in the same predicament (at the moment). 

Our situation will be fixed today with the return of Zach Britton, ever heard of him?   And Tillman on Tuesday.  Hopefully our manager learned he cannot put that sack of crap Nuno out there ever again.  If he had simply stuck with the program we would have won that game Friday night.  I expect them to win today

Logan Verrette.  Yes.  That is the kid that came in and struck out Judge, the new Yankee sensation with the bases loaded and Buck tossed out of the game on a crap call by the Umps.  .Calling a balk on O'Day that the Yankee announcers even admitted was a bogus call.  They said they did not blame Buck for going off.  And added "what a weekend in NY for Buck".  A sweet ending though.  I must admit I thought we were dead ducks after we blew the 4-2 lead in the 9th.  No Zach Britton again.  He was supposed to return today.  But like Tillman, its been pushed back a few days.  These players of today are just so babied.  Back in the 70s they would be out there.  All teams do it.  I am sick of  it. Davis was listed with a sore shoulder today and Mancini took his place.  It could  not have been too sore as he came in in the 11th inning with a grin on his face.  The Yankees announcers and fans were stunned as Chapman used up his one inning, and they then put their next roster pitcher at 1st base!!!!!  Yes, to make him eligible to pitch the next inning.  He not only get an error, but was then rocked for 3 runs and it resembled a Laurel and Hardy or Charlie Chaplin film the Yankees trying in vain twice to throw our guy out at the plate.  A comedy of errors.  O's win 7-4 and leave just like they left, in 1st place.  Are you in first place King?  I think not.   Not after losing to Cincy today.  LOL.  Keep up your bragging.

Crazy game in NY that I thought we were dead in and we win 7`-4.  The Nats get 23 runs vs your cooked Mets Paul and is it now time to fire the manager?  I will take Tehren and the Braves tonight.  Wieters hit two HRs.  But you know, this Castillo is a great fill in for Wieters.  He is plenty good and has already helped us big time.  He hit an opposite field HR vs the Yankees and the play at the plate on the throw from Hardy in extra innings saved our butts.  Next out was the KO on Judge by the kid  Verrette? Unreal.  What a  statement he made.  I hope Buck is made aware of it.  Got to see it from a TV in the tunnel or something?  If a manager is tossed like he was, can they watch the game on a tv somewhere in the locker room?  The Yankee announcers agreed with Buck.  On to Boston.  Bundy has better numbers than Porcello yet we are underdogs. OK.  And the Jays being huge underdogs to the Yankees in this pitching matchup to me is a bit too lopsided.  I would not be surprised at all if Toronto won. They just won their first series and as bad as things have gone, they are only 8 back. 8 sounds like alot but its MAY 1st.   Go O's!!!!!!!!!  

PS   No Cardinal post today.  Gee, a loss to the Reds might do that.:lol:

PS  The Mets cant be this bad.  I would not want to be near Terry Collins today.  Whether he survives this is anyones guess?

Ps Well Paul, I am sure you have heard but just in case you have not, Syndergard is on DL.  They were talking on MLB channel and said "will there ever be a time when all 3 of these guys are healthy at once?"   I wonder if he tried to hide the injury?

Sick of the Yankees and their arrogant announcers.  And that dick head Mad Dog on MLB channel.  I am about to send him some nasty tweets.  I am going to fill that bastards mailbox.

Took Atlanta Braves tonight.  Remember them?  Some guy named Teheran is pitching. Off the chart numbers vs Mets and if y ou ask me, Collins needs to go

Archived