2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

2 hours ago, ebk said:

Did you stay up for the whole, damn thing?  I did.  What a waste of time... ;) 

Good news on Zach Britton.  No damage.  Confirmed by Dr in LA.   Let the rest of the AL be put on notice, he will be back soon.  Another nice win tonight vs Nationals.  Tomorrow Sherzer.  I just do not get why Buck is going with Jiminez when he has Verrette who pitched great?  Now that we have this Ynoa, who really imprressed me we have some depth, of course with Tillman being back and Bundy and Gausman pitching well.   I just do not get why he still believes in Jiminez. How many more times do we have to watch him get shallacked?  At least we have this Ynoa who I liked.  And Asher is pitching good too.  WE have a ton of depth at all positions.  We have the tough part of the schedule coming up.  The Yankees have Houston coming in later in the week.  

The Baltimore Orioles currently have a better record then the Cardinals but the Orioles are in second place behind the Yankees while the Saint Louis Cardinals are currently in first place.  

Again, anything can happen but historically the Cardinals have a better chance of making it to the World Series then your Orioles.  Realistically, am I wrong?

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Mets win, Nats lose--I guess help was on the way. Still got a 5.5 game deficit to overcome, but it's doable. Still too early to throw in the towel on the division...

I am not happy that Buck is giving the ball to Jiminez.  Vs Sherzer.  Oh, what a great matchup that is-NOT.    We may have to score 12 to win this one.  If Buck yanks him before the  roof caves in.  Put Verrette in there.  Ynoa would have been my choice but he has a hamstring issue to I cant argue that one.  I hope we win.  The Yankees are due to lose and Cincy might just light up Sabathia tonight.  I squeezed a push our of the Mets on my contest.  Escaped.  Going with Texas over San Diego tonight.  A ton of interleague games on the slate. We get the toughest foe.  Other than the Dodgers.  The Dodgers will have a big say in the NL this year.   Colorado are the sleepers and I picked them for a wild card.  So far so good.  Boston is starting to catch fire.  

13 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

I will make this short:  the Saint Louis Cardinals have won 15 of their last 20 games

And I will make this sweet.  The Orioles have the best record in baseball and have won 6 straight and are in first place.  You have the Reds and Cubs to  worry about in the long run.  And the Cubs have that Japanese monster from the Red Sox now.   You guys are dead and stinking.  No I am just trying to get a rise out of  you.  That division will be tougher than many predicted.  The AL East is always tough. You have to respect the Reds this year

Paul, more help for your Mets

^^ Yeah, thank goodness for the O's. Mets offense has been booming for the last few weeks & the pitching is still holding up--losing Syndergaard will still hurt, no doubt and I'm not sure when he'll return, but if we can just hold our own the next few weeks, the division is still in reach....

17 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

And I will make this sweet.  The Orioles have the best record in baseball and have won 6 straight and are in first place.  You have the Reds and Cubs to  worry about in the long run.  And the Cubs have that Japanese monster from the Red Sox now.   You guys are dead and stinking.  No I am just trying to get a rise out of  you.  That division will be tougher than many predicted.  The AL East is always tough. You have to respect the Reds this year

Paul, more help for your Mets

You are good.  I think that most of us "rivals" like to get a rise out of each other.  There is still a lot of Baseball to play.  I respect that the Orioles have a good record at this time, but I also respect that the Cardinals have come back from a 3-9 beginning record.  I would think that a Baseball fan like yourself could respect such a "comeback" 

20 hours ago, kingzoso said:

You are good.  I think that most of us "rivals" like to get a rise out of each other.  There is still a lot of Baseball to play.  I respect that the Orioles have a good record at this time, but I also respect that the Cardinals have come back from a 3-9 beginning record.  I would think that a Baseball fan like yourself could respect such a "comeback" 

Yes but other than the Cubs I do not respect the division that much, though the Redlegs are better than many realize this year.   We are up 3-0 in Wasshington right now.  Going for 7 in a row and helping Pauls Mets

Trumbo smokes one and its 5-1 Birds over Strasberg

I doubt you will want to check the scoreboard tonight King.  Those mighty casey Cards have struck out!:lol:

Wow King.  The Cards were down 5-0 and at last check it was 6-5 Cards.  Nice comeback.  My Orioles have one more inning.  Up 6-4 over Nationals. Was 6-2 until Asher, the reliever from the Phillies gave up a two run shot in the 8th with two out.  If we get this done it would be 7 in  a row and Bundy tomorrow.  After that we go to play miserable KC in KC.  I want those sons of bitches big time.  I want to go in there and sweep their bitch ass's

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Trumbo smokes one and its 5-1 Birds over Strasberg

I doubt you will want to check the scoreboard tonight King.  Those mighty casey Cards have struck out!:lol:

Wow King.  The Cards were down 5-0 and at last check it was 6-5 Cards.  Nice comeback.  My Orioles have one more inning.  Up 6-4 over Nationals. Was 6-2 until Asher, the reliever from the Phillies gave up a two run shot in the 8th with two out.  If we get this done it would be 7 in  a row and Bundy tomorrow.  After that we go to play miserable KC in KC.  I want those sons of bitches big time.  I want to go in there and sweep their bitch ass's

It was a nice reversal for the Cardinals and a not so nice reversal for your Orioles.  Cardinals have won 16 out of their last 21 games. 

I am going to Saint Louis on July 5 and returning to Plano, Texas on July 8.  I am going to see the Cardinals play the Miami Marlins on July 5 and the New York Mets on July 7.  Two games with 2 different teams.  I will traverse Saint Louis on July 6, revisiting all the memorable places that I lived, worked and hung out at when I lived in that great city for 18 years of my life during the 1980's and 1990's. 

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

It was a nice reversal for the Cardinals and a not so nice reversal for your Orioles.  Cardinals have won 16 out of their last 21 games. 

I am going to Saint Louis on July 5 and returning to Plano, Texas on July 8.  I am going to see the Cardinals play the Miami Marlins on July 5 and the New York Mets on July 7.  Two games with 2 different teams.  I will traverse Saint Louis on July 6, revisiting all the memorable places that I lived, worked and hung out at when I lived in that great city for 18 years of my life during the 1980's and 1990's. 

That is great.  Wish I was going this year.  Still could happen?  I wanted to fly to LA for the August 7th game but doubt its going to happen.  Not my decision.  If we had Zach Britton, we would be 25-8 instead of 22-11.  not that I am complaining about the record.  We are in first and I do not think we are going away.  When Zach returns, I tell you this:  we ARE WORLD SERIES MATERIAL  and can win the World Series this year.  Our starting rotation has turned out to be good.  WE have Tillman, Bundy, Gausman and Jiminez has surprised me but Ynoa and Verrettte both wait in the wings and have proven how good they are.  Brach and O'Day are as good as they get as set up men.  Only Jansen of the Dodgers is in the same league that Britton is in.  Chapman is a one inning knock out guy.  But that is it. Potances is damn good.  But no depth beyond that. We have Donnie Hart, Givens and others that can get is through.  Last night we lost a tough game to arguably the best offensive team in the National League.  It was not going to be easy sweeping them.  We beat Sherzer and Gonzalez and shut down Zimmerman.  Baltimore is hitting HRs on the pace they did last year now.  Trumbo has woken up.  Look out I tell you.  This team is loaded

My Tigers are playing .500 ball, but cracks are showing.  Our bullpen is like a squad of arsons....spraying gasoline around like a priest uses holy water.  Francisco Rodriquez is done.  You can't walk people and throw 78 mph straight-balls.  You could see the hitters salivating.  Better to have your bullpen fall apart in May than August, but there's not many options.  At least we held our own during the Cleveland match-ups so far this year. 

18 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

My Tigers are playing .500 ball, but cracks are showing.  Our bullpen is like a squad of arsons....spraying gasoline around like a priest uses holy water.  Francisco Rodriquez is done.  You can't walk people and throw 78 mph straight-balls.  You could see the hitters salivating.  Better to have your bullpen fall apart in May than August, but there's not many options.  At least we held our own during the Cleveland match-ups so far this year. 

I thank your Tigers as I bet them on 3 parlays with Houston last night.  The Tigers scored 5 early runs and never looked back.  It seems like whenever I check the Tigers are winning, yet they are only what?  A game over 500?  Surprising to me.  But that division is no cake walk for the Indians so far as predicted.  The White Sox though they hit a small skid, are right there.  They have a very impressive lineup as far as hitting goes.  Scary for sure.  I like them to hammer San Diego tonight to end the skid.  They had runners on 2nd and 3rd last night and did not get the job done with only 1 out and down 7-6.  If only we had Zach Britton healthy.  We would have 25 wins.  The 3 games blown would have been wins with Zach.  His second best ever save streak is still alive.  He is expected back before the All Star game.  We can keep our heads above water until then. The bright spot being we now have a decent starting rotation that nobody saw coming.   Bundy, Tillman, Gausman, Miley and Jiminez.  That makes it a 5 man rotation. But when Ynoa is healthy, look out. Him and Verrette give us a ton of depth.  We are getting Castillo back in a few days as he is rehabbing in AA this weekend.  He  can flat out hit and catch.  Trumbo is coming to life.  When Davis comes back to life, look out. Not that we do not have more including Seth Smith who has really helped.  Joey Rickard and Gentry give us the speed we need if we chose to steal or sacrifice.  With Zach Britton, this team is a World Series contender. I have not said that EVER until now.  And I firmly believe it and expect it. 

8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Cubs beat Cardinals 3-2.  I watched the game and it was a Cubs game until the bottom of the 9th.  The Cardinals had a chance to at least tie the game with 2 outs but did not prevail 

Dont you ever quetion your manager's moves?  I tell you I have no idea how Buck Showalter can justify bringing in Nuno, who sucks and should be in single A ball?  I mean, WHY?  Does he want us to lose?  Its 2-2 and the 8th inning and we are set up for a win and he lets this bum come in and pitch.  The same bastard who blew an 11-4 lead vs the Yankees and allowed Ellsbury to hit a Grand slam to cut it to 11-8.  Brach did the rest of the damage.  Fucking unreal.  Weigh in here EBK.  I want to know if you are paying attention to the stupidity going on?  They send Verrette down and call this bum up.  WHY????  Verrette pitched us out of a thankless situation and got us 3 innings worthy of memorable pitching moments.  I mean the guy was fabulous.  His reward, a fucking bus ride to the minors.  I do not understand it.  This team is right there.   Tillman had best beat this team that has had all this trouble this season, KC I mean.  Get the big boys out there and hammer them. I cant wait to see what they do with Ynoa.  Another that pitched a gem but hurt his hamstring I guess.  If he is healthy, he pitched so well he deserves a spot in the rotation. i understand Zach Britton, the best closer in the game is out.  But you have O'Day and you could have used him.  The Yankees got hammered, finally catching a good team on the schedule and exposing them for what they truly are, pretenders that are doing a nice rebuild.  But hey are not there yet.  So wake up and smell the coffee Walter.

29 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I missed the game, but apparently the Mets had a 7-1 lead, and the bullpen came in & set fire to the mound. Getting swept by the Brewers, ugggh...

:mad:

Huh.  It's like your team could be my team right now...  :mad: indeed.

On 5/13/2017 at 6:16 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Dont you ever quetion your manager's moves?  I tell you I have no idea how Buck Showalter can justify bringing in Nuno, who sucks and should be in single A ball?  I mean, WHY?  Does he want us to lose?  Its 2-2 and the 8th inning and we are set up for a win and he lets this bum come in and pitch.  The same bastard who blew an 11-4 lead vs the Yankees and allowed Ellsbury to hit a Grand slam to cut it to 11-8.  Brach did the rest of the damage.  Fucking unreal.  Weigh in here EBK.  I want to know if you are paying attention to the stupidity going on?  They send Verrette down and call this bum up.  WHY????  Verrette pitched us out of a thankless situation and got us 3 innings worthy of memorable pitching moments.  I mean the guy was fabulous.  His reward, a fucking bus ride to the minors.  I do not understand it.  This team is right there.   Tillman had best beat this team that has had all this trouble this season, KC I mean.  Get the big boys out there and hammer them. I cant wait to see what they do with Ynoa.  Another that pitched a gem but hurt his hamstring I guess.  If he is healthy, he pitched so well he deserves a spot in the rotation. i understand Zach Britton, the best closer in the game is out.  But you have O'Day and you could have used him. 

It's exactly why I did not pick your Orioles in the baseball contest. I don't trust your manager to pick his nose correctly, let alone his lineup...especially the bullpen. Buck Showalter is holding your team back.

Orioles fans are still having nightmares about the playoffs last year.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

It's exactly why I did not pick your Orioles in the baseball contest. I don't trust your manager to pick his nose correctly, let alone his lineup...especially the bullpen. Buck Showalter is holding your team back.

Orioles fans are still having nightmares about the playoffs last year.

They are too good and too deep to leave out.  They will make the playoffs and the Red Sox are not very good like projected.  I say we will win the East.  Its just a matter of getting Zach Britton back.  WE have the bats, the D, the pen and even the starters now that we have guys like Ynoa when he returns this week.   They lost  a tough one but they are right there.  And they will remain right there

On 5/13/2017 at 6:16 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Don't you ever question your manager's moves? 

Giants fans will be asking that question for decades after the bonehead move playing the Cubs in the playoffs. Chicago had only 2 hits and SF had a 5 run lead going into the 9th when they yanked Matt Moore to put in their very sad relievers who then gave up 6 runs. Those who forget history (lousy relief) are doomed to repeat it.

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Orioles put up 7 in the 3rd to take a 7-1 lead and fucking Miley gives up a 2 run shot.  7-3 now.  Asshole

Never fear.  No matter the score, Tiger games don't start until the 7th inning when our shitty bullpen comes in to blow the day.

Archived