2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

39 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Never fear.  No matter the score, Tiger games don't start until the 7th inning when our shitty bullpen comes in to blow the day.

Well what about ours without Zach Britton?  With him we would have 5 more wins.  Guaranteed.  So Davis is the hero with two bombs in the extra innings.  But Asher did his job and Donnie Hart?   Maybe Buck will now realize what a waste he is and ship his ass out.  This other kid that came in and sealed the deal is far better.  He has a fastball. He blew it by them.  They hit everything Donnie Hart threw.  So today, we need to call up Verrette, and get Gnoa in the lineup.  Those two guys are gold right now and he had best realize it.  As for Cabrera who I respect as a player, he got over on that "hit batsman" shit.  That ball hit the knub of the bat and he lied.  Tried to act hurt for ten seconds.  He will never make it in Hollywood.  Big win.  How is it KC turns into their old selves, the same guys that won a series two years ago vs us, and fold like tents vs the Yankees?  Well Vargas who has been great for them goes tonight.  I expect an effort from the shit bags who I cannot stand.  I hate them more than the Yankees and Toronto put together and that is saying something.  Fullmer goes tonight vs Mr inconsistant.  I have no idea which guy will show up.  If Jiminez pitches like he has been, he could keep us in it.  I doubt Fullmer has gone against a lineup that can hit HRs like Baltimore yet.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well what about ours without Zach Britton?  With him we would have 5 more wins.  Guaranteed.  So Davis is the hero with two bombs in the extra innings.  But Asher did his job and Donnie Hart?   Maybe Buck will now realize what a waste he is and ship his ass out.  This other kid that came in and sealed the deal is far better.  He has a fastball. He blew it by them.  They hit everything Donnie Hart threw.  So today, we need to call up Verrette, and get Gnoa in the lineup.  Those two guys are gold right now and he had best realize it.  As for Cabrera who I respect as a player, he got over on that "hit batsman" shit.  That ball hit the knub of the bat and he lied.  Tried to act hurt for ten seconds.  He will never make it in Hollywood.  Big win.  How is it KC turns into their old selves, the same guys that won a series two years ago vs us, and fold like tents vs the Yankees?  Well Vargas who has been great for them goes tonight.  I expect an effort from the shit bags who I cannot stand.  I hate them more than the Yankees and Toronto put together and that is saying something.  Fullmer goes tonight vs Mr inconsistant.  I have no idea which guy will show up.  If Jiminez pitches like he has been, he could keep us in it.  I doubt Fullmer has gone against a lineup that can hit HRs like Baltimore yet.

Our problem right now is our starters aren't going deep enough.  Verlander is hitting 99mph again and throwing like a kid, but he throws 60 pitches by the 3rd inning.  Our bullpen can't cover that.  Fullmer is doing fine, and I expect him to pitch well tonight.  Getting J.D. Martinez back helps our line-up immensely.  Might be time to drop V-Mart down in the batting order.  Not sure what's up with Miggy, but it won't last.  I expect a .450 June if he's healthy.  Every team in the AL Central has a weakness, so I expect us to be in it until September. 

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Our problem right now is our starters aren't going deep enough.  Verlander is hitting 99mph again and throwing like a kid, but he throws 60 pitches by the 3rd inning.  Our bullpen can't cover that.  Fullmer is doing fine, and I expect him to pitch well tonight.  Getting J.D. Martinez back helps our line-up immensely.  Might be time to drop V-Mart down in the batting order.  Not sure what's up with Miggy, but it won't last.  I expect a .450 June if he's healthy.  Every team in the AL Central has a weakness, so I expect us to be in it until September. 

Yes I would agree Detroit should be in it until the bitter end.  I do not know if Fullmer has seen a HR hitting lineup like he will see tonight, but we shall see.  I hate it when Jiminez pitches.  You guys have a clear edge tonight with the starters.  I still know one thing.  You guys do not have a Machado or Hardy in the infield.  Proof last night on that booted ball by Romine.  Machado on the other hand and Hardy and Schoop are all pure magic.  Our problems is no Zach.  Thus Buck, if he is smart, and sometimes i wonder, needs to have two guys on a plane from Norfolk today.  Verrette and Gnoa.  And the kid that closed the door on you last night deserves a chance.  Now i hear O'Day might miss a week?  Unreal. 

I hope Davis is in beast mode like Trumbo again tonight.  

Bongman if you saw the end of that shameful fucking game and saw the replay, they got it wrong.  Machado had the tying run at third and they called him out on    a check swing. He never went around.  They went to the first base umpire for the call as the home plate ump did not get a good view supposedly.  What a crock of shit

33 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Bongman if you saw the end of that shameful fucking game and saw the replay, they got it wrong.  Machado had the tying run at third and they called him out on    a check swing. He never went around.  They went to the first base umpire for the call as the home plate ump did not get a good view supposedly.  What a crock of shit

Yes, I saw it.  But it was also Machado's second checked swing of that at bat on a very close pitch.  In other words, "He stood there like the house on the side of the road and watched it go by !" 

By the way.....How many times do you think we're going to let your pitchers hit our batters without some chin music coming your way ?

30 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Yes, I saw it.  But it was also Machado's second checked swing of that at bat on a very close pitch.  In other words, "He stood there like the house on the side of the road and watched it go by !" 

By the way.....How many times do you think we're going to let your pitchers hit our batters without some chin music coming your way ?

Whoa.  Cabrera tried to act hurt.  Kind of hard when the ball hits the stub of the bat and it was louder than a hockey puck hitting the crossbar

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:44 PM, zepscoda said:

Rangers starting to play some decent ball.... season is young, still time to take the Astros. 

Let's see if my Tigers can cool your Rangers down this weekend.   

12 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Let's see if my Tigers can cool your Rangers down this weekend.   

So far, NO>  My damn Orioles are making me suffer every night lately.  3-3 in the 7th  Yankees tied also.  A long season ahead

OMG King.  I just cheered on your Red Birds!!!  3 run HR as I flipped to check the rain delay.  They are back out and boom, into the right field seats goes the ball!!!!!!  Yes, I bet the Cards with the Red Sox and Dodgers all minus a run to get more moola if I win.  I may regret it if Boston keeps stiffing Sale.  The shitbags.  They will never catch us or the Yankees.  Its a two team race unless Tampa heats up

I take back what I said  Cardinals SUCK SUCK SUCK.   No Bullpen.  The Yankees lost too thank God.  Orioles win on a walk off HR by Castillo.  

So will the real Texas Rangers stand up please?  I mean, they have won 10 in a row.  This with supposedly the worst bullpen in the big leagues, bar none.  Shallacked, blued, screwed and tattoed the start of the season.  They are scoring in bundles.  But I guess I have to ask who they have really beaten during this streak?  I tell you now if my Orioles had Zach Britton out there they would be with Houston on top.  They are still mighty close.  I am hoping he is back sooner than later.  The injury in itself is not anything huge. No surgery.  Just rest. One man can make us the best team in baseball.  Assuming he is ok.  if so, his 54 game save streak is still in tact and is the second best in big league history.  1/2 a game separates the top two teams in the AL East and Boston is not one of them.  Pitiful is the word for them.   Chris Sale gets no run support again and another stinker vs Oakland.

I dont get this lineup.    Adam Jones just hit one out as I type.   Great! I am not sure who is in the outfield but Janish has no business in the lineup.  He is a AAA player.  Is Kim or Rickard in the dog house?  I mean, WFF is he doing in  there.?  As for the Yankees I see they are up 3-1.  At last check.  But I tuned in for a  minute and Archer had struck out 8 Yankees by the 3rd, Judge twice and somehow they have the lead?  Maybe its change.  Come on Davis!  Almost.

Janish is replacing Hardy today:?  Why? Because of an error?  I do not get Buck.  Janish cant hit.  Stupid fucking move. Estrada mowing us down.  One bad inning by Miley, typical first, could do us in today?  I hope not with this explosive lineup you never know when they might wake up.  Only two innings left.  Minnesota comes in tomorrow.  Weather could be an issue I hear. We need to sweep them because we go to Houston on Thursday.  Yikes.  WE have to get a streak going. We are in first place but its win one, lose one.  WE got where we are early.  Gnoa is due back soon and I am anxious to see him pitch again.  I see Cleveland is cooling off Houston.  The Indians looking like the team most expected finally.  The White Sox put an ass whipping in Seattle last night.  They have some good young players on that team and I say they contend next year.  KC is coming to life.  Just in time for their visit to NY tomorrow.

5 hours ago, kingzoso said:

For the first time in my life, I am rooting for the San Francisco Giants (they are playing the Cubs in Chicago). 

And they won. They're slowly creeping back into it.

GO D-BACKS!!! Lovullo has this team playing great ball for a rookie manager. . In the top 10 off every major offensive stat and near the bottom in K's per 9. . 4th in MLB in ERA with Greinke rollin'. . Great team to watch play ball. . Could be a playoff team this year:thumbsup:

Bundy pitched well but and only gave up two runs But Santana was lights out and shut us out.  Cant remember being shut out at home recently.   I hope Tillman rights the ship.  Day game.  Yankees lost so KC helped us out for once.  We need to win today, as we must travel to Houston for 3.  That will be a bitch. Britton's absence is really hurting this team.  But they have the horses to get it going.  Buck is finally starting to listen as to Jiminez and how useless he is.  No way do I start him again.  Ever.  Call up Gnoa.  And the other kid Verette.  They have earned their shot.  Give it to them you thick heads.

Archived