2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

13 hours ago, kingzoso said:

If the Saint Louis Cardinals win a couple more games, They will be in first place.  If the Baltimore Orioles lose a few more games, they will be in last place. 

Where is Rick?  

Well I am aware of the Orioles mess  I do not consider St Louis aa threat in the big picture as they are in a shit division with the Cubs still celebrating.  Losing Britton killed us early in this streak.  Now IMO its Buck Showalter

Its 3-1 Orioles over Yankees heading to the 7th.  I am hoping the pitching can win this. It just might be a must win to save this season.  As for Reggie Jackson bumblehead night on Friday.  Flush mine down the toilet please or step on it.  I know he played for Oakland, Baltimore and Yankees. And did damage in all 3 cities.  I liked him more in Oakland.  After that, I did not like the guy at all

Nice game by Bundy but Buck Showalter is still not happy and he should not be.  We need production from Machado and Davis and now.  Gausman and Tillman are both capable of beating the Yankees next two days.  Tillman actually goes tomorrow.  We are underdogs due to that losing streak.  I will take those odds.  As for the NL Central it kills me how King can sit there and beat his chest.  The Cubs have lost 4 in a row and are still only 1.5 behind the pathetic Brewers in that pathetic division.  When Chicago wakes up it will be over.  They have Boston's ex closer and they will run away with it.  St Louis has lost two in a row, nice win by the Dodgers today, and are tied with the lazy ass Cubs.  Even after the miserable slump, and no Zach Briton or Adam Jones, we are still right there.  Go put that in your pipe King

6 hours ago, redrum said:

About the only good thing this season so far is, at least I can still hate the Dodgers.

The Dodgers are heating up.  I like the Dodgers.  And I do believe they will win the West and Colorado gets a wild card.  The Dodgers have better pitching.  But great start for the Rockies.  I actually believe yesterday was a must win for Baltimore. Showalter rolled the dice with Brach and he pitched great.  The best he has pitched all year.  Guys like Machado and Davis need go get off their ass and start hitting or its going to be a long season.  Even with the nightmare of a losing streak, we are still right there.  And so is Boston and Tampa and even Toronto has crept back into the race. As for the NL Central, man what a division. Does not matter how many games you lose, you are still in the race because the Cubs are still celebrating last year.

Well--it's not June--but I think it's time to wave the white flag on the Mets. Not just for the division, but possibly a Wild Card spot as well. So much fucking potential at the start of the season--oh well, there's always next year...  :(

11 hours ago, redrum said:

About the only good thing this season so far is, at least I can still hate the Dodgers.

It was an entertaining brawl.  The Tigers were up next last night on ESPN, so I turned on the telly a bit early.  30 seconds later all hell broke loose.  Maybe that will light a fire under their butts.  

My Tigers have hit the wall, but they also went through schedule hell the last month.  West coast trip....4 games in 48 hours....Miggy 90 points under his lifetime average...a team without a centerfielder.  Heck, we don't even have one in the minors.  Things will get better....I hope.

Well I will admit that the Saint Louis Cardinals have not been playing very good Baseball in the past week or so.  They are currently 24-25.  Like I have always said, I have complete and utter faith in them.  They are team that cannot be counted out until the last weeks of September roll around.  Even then, they are in it for whatever it takes to make the Post-Season. 

Well the series win over the Yankees keeps my Orioles as having the best record in the AL East.  I mean head to head play in the division.  Not even close.  21-11.  That is why we are still in this race.  The biggest problem and its a total head scratcher is Manny Machado.  Radio call in shows this is the number one topic even in cities outside of Baltimore.  How can a guy this good, and he has proven it, be in a slump this bad?  How?  I hate to give you my guess but its one that I suspect very strongly.  The two things that can bring any athlete down fast.  Women and Cocaine.  There.  I have said it.  And I believe it. 

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Ok, so I've given up on the Mets & decide to watch the Tigers today and Verlander throws almost 40 pitches in the top of the 1st. Baseball is a funny game sometimes...

:unsure:

It sure is.  This third string catcher Pena, called up due to the injury to Castillo who is playing lights out, threw the fucking game away with the score tied 3-3 and we had the Boston guy in a run down at third.  So the prick throws the ball into left field instead of to Machado and it cost us the game.   Bastard.  I will buy the bus ticket to hell for him

PS, as for last night.  I ripped Showalter on the Orioles site for his stupid moves.  Putting Jiminez in on national TV is humiliating enough. Then the certain outcome came quickly.  Betts takes him off the wall and he gives up the win.  He and Hart both suck and Buck put them in to rest guys.  Rather than try to win the game. We have Monday off. Its stupid fucking managing

My Tigers sweep the White Sox and survive a bad streak.  Hopefully things are looking up for the slow old men of the league.

I think the Astros are the most impressive team I've seen so far this year.  Their bullpen is like K.C.'s 5 years ago.  They just keep throwing guys out there that throw 95-100 mph.  

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

My Tigers sweep the White Sox and survive a bad streak.  Hopefully things are looking up for the slow old men of the league.

I think the Astros are the most impressive team I've seen so far this year.  Their bullpen is like K.C.'s 5 years ago.  They just keep throwing guys out there that throw 95-100 mph.  

Well that is obvious.  I mean the Astros.  The Tigers should be in that central race right til the end.   Who saw Cleveland having so much trouble and KC tanking and now up and down?  I like the Tigers chances.  Now go kick Boston's ass for us tomorrow.  We get the Pirates and I cant remember playing them since the 70s.  The Yankees and Red Sox must play each other like 17 times and that is good news for us.  We only have Boston 3 more.  Cant wait until Castillo is back behind the plate.  Pena, the AAA catcher killed us yesterday throwing the ball into left field instead of to Machado.  Lots of tough races.   NL West, AL East, both Central.  Are the Cubs going to get hot?  Lastly, I cant wait until Britton returns.  Its going to be a world changer for us

On 5/31/2017 at 0:13 AM, kingzoso said:

Well I will admit that the Saint Louis Cardinals have not been playing very good Baseball in the past week or so.  They are currently 24-25.  Like I have always said, I have complete and utter faith in them.  They are team that cannot be counted out until the last weeks of September roll around.  Even then, they are in it for whatever it takes to make the Post-Season. 

I took your boys tonight on my parlay.  Should beat Cincy even though Cincy is no push over this year

Orioles win!!!!!!  Walk off hit by Trumbo drives in Chris Davis!!!!!!!    Cardinals had a run off!.   LOL.  Sorry King, I could not resist.  It happens to all of our teams.  Cincy is a much improved team.   If they had pitching they would be plenty dangerous.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Orioles win!!!!!!  Walk off hit by Trumbo drives in Chris Davis!!!!!!!    Cardinals had a run off!.   LOL.  Sorry King, I could not resist.  It happens to all of our teams.  Cincy is a much improved team.   If they had pitching they would be plenty dangerous.

I Love the Saint Louis Cardinals and will forever, however I am disappointed in them these last two weeks.  Like I always say, I have complete faith in them to turn things around.  So far the Cardinals have not lived up to their potential.  I think that that will change soon..

I would like to say that I am also a big fan of the red hot Houston Astros.  I was first and foremost a Houston Astros fans when I was just 8 or 9 years old when I lived in Houston.  I will always root for the Astros over any other team, except for you know who.  I can even claim to seeing Nolan Ryan pitch for the Astros in the late 1970's.

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I Love the Saint Louis Cardinals and will forever, however I am disappointed in them these last two weeks.  Like I always say, I have complete faith in them to turn things around.  So far the Cardinals have not lived up to their potential.  I think that that will change soon..

I would like to say that I am also a big fan of the red hot Houston Astros.  I was first and foremost a Houston Astros fans when I was just 8 or 9 years old when I lived in Houston.  I will always root for the Astros over any other team, except for you know who.  I can even claim to seeing Nolan Ryan pitch for the Astros in the late 1970's.

Right now the Astros are clearly the team to beat.  No doubt.  Quite a streak that finally ended last night.  As for the Cardinals, I know what a bad streak is like.  We lost 7 in a row and its no fun.  Much due to the lack of one Zach Britton. This team was not ready to lose the likes of him for two months. He is the best closer in the game and  his 54 game streak for saves is still in tact.  Its the second best in baseball history.  We need him back yesterday.  But for now we are managing.  Only 2.5 off the pace and the Yankees now have their hands full. They have Boston and then the Orioles come into town.  I expect this to be a hell of a race and even Tampa is still in it.  In theory Toronto is also but I think the loss of Encarcion was too much for them to overcome. We need to spank the Pirates tonight and then go to Washington to face a team that will be jet lagged.  They have to play vs Clayton Kershaw at 4pm today and then fly back to the east coast to play us tomorrow.  A make up.  Back to the Cards, those Reds are finally putting something together.  That guy hit 4 HRs on your boys yesterday.  Cincy can hit.  once they get the pitching together they are going to return to being the new"Big Red Machine."

We came back on Pittsburgh in the 9th again.  Shitty start by Miley.  I cant believe Pittsburgh won this challenge on the pickoff in extra innings.  It was clear he was a dead duck. The Ump feels sorry for their sorry ass's.   Its a joke these bastard Umps

15 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

We came back on Pittsburgh in the 9th again.  Shitty start by Miley.  I cant believe Pittsburgh won this challenge on the pickoff in extra innings.  It was clear he was a dead duck. The Ump feels sorry for their sorry ass's.   Its a joke these bastard Umps

He was safe Rick.

However, it doesn't matter now... :)

15 hours ago, ebk said:

He was safe Rick.

However, it doesn't matter now... :)

I saw the replay on MASN and I tell you the announcers agreed with me that he was OUT.  I do not know what the Umps and you were looking at?  Givens had him.  But Mancini, it was his night.  Great comeback and great win.!!!!!  Today I hope we beat the Nats who should just about be getting off their 6 hour plane ride.  LOL  Jet Lag is a certainty.  Its a bitch.  They are going to feel like its midnight when first pitch occurs.  Go O's!!!!!!!!!!

The Big Red Machine is back

Archived