2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I saw the replay on MASN and I tell you the announcers agreed with me that he was OUT.  I do not know what the Umps and you were looking at?  Givens had him.  But Mancini, it was his night.  Great comeback and great win.!!!!!  Today I hope we beat the Nats who should just about be getting off their 6 hour plane ride.  LOL  Jet Lag is a certainty.  Its a bitch.  They are going to feel like its midnight when first pitch occurs.  Go O's!!!!!!!!!!

The Big Red Machine is back

Honestly?  I had the TV on but I wasn't paying attention.  The announcers admitted he was safe.  And that's all I got.  

Love Trey Mancini.

The less said about the game tonight, the better...

On 6/8/2017 at 8:55 PM, ebk said:

Honestly?  I had the TV on but I wasn't paying attention.  The announcers admitted he was safe.  And that's all I got.  

Love Trey Mancini.

The less said about the game tonight, the better...

Bundy pitches great, and Buck pulls him after 7 and the rookie gets shelled.  We have to have Castillo back (today).  Joseph sucks.  Cant hit. His defense is good but that is it.  As for the rest, Machado's bat is missed too.  Mancini is a hero two nights ago and a goat last night.  Had a guy on 3rd and cant get him in.  Wee had a chance to put them away early and did not.  I do not get Buck though.  Why put that kid in?  He had better options   I do not see the desperation that is needed.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Yankees will get theirs.  Houston, now that is dominance

Considering they're a surprise already this season, I don't put anything past this team.  Young and hungry, with sprinkles of veteran presence.  Lovin it!

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Considering they're a surprise already this season, I don't put anything past this team.  Young and hungry, with sprinkles of veteran presence.  Lovin it!

I believe if Steibrenner were alive Girardi would not have survived last year and would have been fired.  But things are different with his absence.  I know what our problems are. And tare magnified with Britton being out for two months.  Machado out and in a slump.  I have to blame Showalter to a degree on how he has handled things.  I am not calling for his head though.  The rest of the division is winning also if you have  noticed.  Its still early.  So nothing is set in stone and  its possible we can overcome this.  Just as  big a surprise are the Rockies and the Cincinnati Reds.  I think the Reds and Rockies can hit with anyone.  Its the pitching that will ultimately do them in and the Yankees too.   I say Houston will win the AL and the Dodgers and Nats will battle for the NL and the Rockies are the sleeper.  The Cubs refuse to wake up but if they do, we know what can happen. I will always hate the Yankees.  I do not hate the kid Judge but I hate the rest of them, Popeye especially.  That is what I call that punk ass fucking Gardner. 

Yeah, the AL East is arguably the best division in baseball.  Record wise it definitely is.  I can't believe your pitching is that bad.  Must just be a bad run at a bad time.  

Oh, how the "so-called mighty" have fallen.  I am speaking of the Baltimore Orioles.  As I read it, the Orioles are now in last place in the American League East and currently 8 games behind the New York Yankees.  I suppose that Rick will continue to blame the Umpires for his teams current 6 game losing streak. 

As for my Cardinals, they are not doing that much better but they are only 2.5 games out of first place. 

Rick is a betting man as we all know, so here are some odds that he should consider:  Who has a better chance at making the 2017 Post-Season based on the the number of Post-Seasons  between these two teams in the past 17 years?  How many World Series have the Orioles won in that 17 year time frame?  How many have the Saint Louis Cardinals won?  

Again, blame the Umpires. 

3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Now the Orioles are beating up on the Cardinals.

What a difference a day makes huh pal?  We are both sitting in very strange places and far from are expectations for our teams.  I think the Cards did well picking up Fowler but losing Holiday to the Yankees really was not a good thing for either of us. Yet, with no Zach Britton for two months, and our best reliever in O'Day on the DL along with Chris Davis, here we sit only 5 off the pace.   I tell you we are still in this thing.  When we get healthy, we will make a run.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

What a difference a day makes huh pal?  We are both sitting in very strange places and far from are expectations for our teams.  I think the Cards did well picking up Fowler but losing Holiday to the Yankees really was not a good thing for either of us. Yet, with no Zach Britton for two months, and our best reliever in O'Day on the DL along with Chris Davis, here we sit only 5 off the pace.   I tell you we are still in this thing.  When we get healthy, we will make a run.

You are correct about how our two teams are not where we thought they should be at this time in the season.  I really hope that things turn around for the Cardinals soon.  I am going to Saint Louis on July 5-8.  I plan on going to see the Cardinals play the Marlins on the 5th and then the Mets on the 7th.  It would be alot more fun if the Cardinals are at a record above. 500.  

This will be the first time I have been to Saint Louis since I moved from there in 2000 to the great city of Plano, Texas. 

Good luck to your Orioles.

My Tigers are 3 games under .500, and only 3.5 games behind the AL Central lead.  The division no one wants to win.  Wasting some good pitching performances, which isn't a good sign.  

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2017/06/17/healthy-legs-powering-alex-avilas-amazing-renaissance/102949334/

Alex Avila for AL Comeback Player of the Year ?  I was the first one screaming nepotism when the Tigers re-signed him in the off-season as a back-up catcher.  He probably would have been out of the league if we hadn't.  I've never seen another catcher in my lifetime get more battered behind the plate than Alex.  The White Sox must be shaking their heads in bewilderment at the season he's having.  He might end up being our biggest trade bait if things fall apart, especially if a contender loses a catcher to injury.  Baseball can be a strange game.

All Tiger fans are with Victor Martinez and his family.  Take care of yourself big guy....some things are more important than baseball.

Archived