2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

13 hours ago, kingzoso said:

You are correct about how our two teams are not where we thought they should be at this time in the season.  I really hope that things turn around for the Cardinals soon.  I am going to Saint Louis on July 5-8.  I plan on going to see the Cardinals play the Marlins on the 5th and then the Mets on the 7th.  It would be alot more fun if the Cardinals are at a record above. 500.  

This will be the first time I have been to Saint Louis since I moved from there in 2000 to the great city of Plano, Texas. 

Good luck to your Orioles.

They should win those games.  The Mets will be tougher than the Marlins one would think?  Jiminez just gave up a HR to St Louis.  Its a miracle only 1 run.  I cannnot stand Jiminez.  I cant believe Buck has put his sorry ass back on the mound.  Desperate.  Britton is going to pitch Monday in the minors.  That will be a day to rejoice when he returns because he will put the staff back in order all by himself.  Once you have him to close it changes everything.  Davis will be missed too.  Maybe he can straighten his act out as far as his average goes?  I am not very familiar with the Cardinals current roster and Holiday was one guy I always knew would be trouble.  Wow  Mancini just hit one out for us.  A slugfest may be in order today.  2-1 but that wont last long. This kid really has hit for us.And with Machado waking up, that will help.  Good luck and I am sure the Cards will win with you in the house

I wish they would just walk Carpenter and Fowler and go after the rest

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Glad you had a good game!  I'm sure a few adult beverages helped with keeping you cool! ;) 

Is there ever a time when a frosty adult beverage doesn't help? :D

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They should win those games.  The Mets will be tougher than the Marlins one would think?  Jiminez just gave up a HR to St Louis.  Its a miracle only 1 run.  I cannnot stand Jiminez.  I cant believe Buck has put his sorry ass back on the mound.  Desperate.  Britton is going to pitch Monday in the minors.  That will be a day to rejoice when he returns because he will put the staff back in order all by himself.  Once you have him to close it changes everything.  Davis will be missed too.  Maybe he can straighten his act out as far as his average goes?  I am not very familiar with the Cardinals current roster and Holiday was one guy I always knew would be trouble.  Wow  Mancini just hit one out for us.  A slugfest may be in order today.  2-1 but that wont last long. This kid really has hit for us.And with Machado waking up, that will help.  Good luck and I am sure the Cards will win with you in the house

I wish they would just walk Carpenter and Fowler and go after the rest

Thanks Rick.

On 6/21/2017 at 0:27 PM, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals are currently 5 games below,.500, but I can't believe that the San Francisco Giants are 19 games below .500 and are 20 games behind the Colorado Rockies.

Things are bad for us too.  Britton is close and he could be a shot in the arm.  We are only 5 out.  And we get Davis back around the All Star break.  We get healthy, we start  winning.  And the way the Yankees and Red Sox have played, its not too late

We need to start making a run tonight.  And the manager and GM must get us a pitcher to replace Jiminez.  That is assuming they have finally woken up and smelled the coffee.  It seems they have based on the recent comments by Buck.  Lets hope so.  I am expecting Gausman to pitch well and for us to win this game.  Davis and Britton are returning very very soon.  That is good news.  Especially Britton as the domino effect in the pen will be felt.  A month from hell and we are still right there.   Its ours for the taking if we have the smarts to land a good pitcher and with the bullpen returning to a normal state, we can.

On 6/21/2017 at 9:27 AM, kingzoso said:

I can't believe that the San Francisco Giants are 19 games below .500 and are 20 games behind the Colorado Rockies.

I think the loss to the Cubs last year was a major blow to the whole organization. Colorado has dropped 7 straight. Maybe SF will come to life after the all star break. I always hate seeing the %#*&@@# Dodgers run away with it. Bastards.

3 hours ago, redrum said:

I think the loss to the Cubs last year was a major blow to the whole organization. Colorado has dropped 7 straight. Maybe SF will come to life after the all star break. I always hate seeing the %#*&@@# Dodgers run away with it. Bastards.

Well SF is not catching the Dodgers this year.  No way.  In fact, I believe the Dodgers will represent the NL in the Series but of course nothing is a sure thing in baseball.  Colorado are having a great year.  But the Dodgers have too much pitching.  The AL looks to be between Houston and Cleveland at the moment but things can change there.  I have high hopes my team can win this division.  We need to pick up a pitcher to replace that nightmare who I do not even wish to print his name.  Showalter is well aware he is now forced to do something and the guy is not going to ever turn things around.  They must get someone on the wire and make a trade.  They have a good lineup and Gausman pitched very well last night.  Bundy is no problems.  The guy tonight is only good for about 4-5 innings and he is a problem too but not sure they can address it this year.  The bullpen and our bats may have to save us when he pitch's.  Tillman must keep improving from his return.  if he does, we will be fine. I am not sure what they are prepared to offer up in a trade?  Likely someone they got in the draft that another team wanted?  They must if they want to win now and they have the talent to do that if they are healthy.  Davis is coming back around the All Star break and Britton just before they say.  That will be a day to rejoice.  It will put our rotation and bullpen back in order having the best closer in the game back.  Tonight is one of those games I hope we can steal.  They have the better starter for sure. But we have more bats and a better team on the field.  Another loss by the Yankees who we only trail by 3.5

21 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well SF is not catching the Dodgers this year.  No way.  In fact, I believe the Dodgers will represent the NL in the Series but of course nothing is a sure thing in baseball.  Colorado are having a great year.  But the Dodgers have too much pitching. 

I'd rather see Milwaukee or Washington over L.A., who seem to always manage to choke in the playoffs.

On 6/29/2017 at 4:58 AM, redrum said:

I'd rather see Milwaukee or Washington over L.A., who seem to always manage to choke in the playoffs.

The Dodgers are a better team.  Pure and simple.  This is their year in the NL I believe and nobody is going to stop them.  Wash and Colorado could?  But I doubt it.  I am both delighted and dumbfounded by Jiiminez's performance last night.  8 Innings of shutout ball and two hits. Unreal.  Grant it vs a team that has trouble, but for him this is a major performance.  But I fear they will read too much into it. He is likely to get rocked next time out.  I hope not.  I hope he has found something?  How I will never know.  Tampa is in and we need to sweep them. Then we are right there.

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Dodgers are a better team.  Pure and simple.  This is their year in the NL I believe and nobody is going to stop them.

If they don't choke again.

How about these "wicked witch of the East" socks .  In MLB today.  And last night.  Red stripes and white.  freakin witch of the East.  I hope a house lands on the yankee dugout. 

Zach Britton will fly to Milwaukee to meet the team.  He is going to be ready damn soon and Davis will be ready after all star game

Happy for Jonathan Schoop as e is a deserving all star.  But Machado being snubbed due to a slump or perhaps some time missed is bullshit.  He is the best 3rd baseman in the game.  Period.  

King, help is on its way.  We are going into Milwaukee.  I like our chances.  

15 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Happy for Jonathan Schoop as e is a deserving all star.  But Machado being snubbed due to a slump or perhaps some time missed is bullshit.  He is the best 3rd baseman in the game.  Period.  

King, help is on its way.  We are going into Milwaukee.  I like our chances.  

Rick, I love Machado as much as you do, but he's honestly not having an AllStar year.  The game isn't based on your career work, just this season.

22 hours ago, ebk said:

Rick, I love Machado as much as you do, but he's honestly not having an AllStar year.  The game isn't based on your career work, just this season.

Well look back to the 70s and 80s and tell me how Hank Aaron and Reggie Jackson made it on when they were having horrible years.   It does not always work out like you say.  But it should and you are right on that point. Based on merit it should be based solely on what you did that year.  We have the best closer in baseball in Zach Britton but the time he missed eliminated him.  And maybe us if we dont get moving.  Thank God he returns this week.  

Sorry King, someone should have slammed the plane door when Miley tried to board.  I wish they would buy him a one way ticket to the minors.  A long bus ride.   A train would do I guess.  He sucks.

The Tigers are cooked....done....not only for this season, but several ahead.  Time to rebuild from the bottom up.  Trading the old guard like Kinsler, Verlander, Miggy, are all on the table....but who wants them ?  I think we should get real ballsy at this point and trade Michael Fullmer.  Get some hot prospects that might produce half an infield or outfield for the future.

Now that the Houston outfield mound is gone, Comerica Park is back to being the biggest outfield to cover, and we don't even have anyone in the entire organization that can play Centerfield....sad.  There's going to be some lean years ahead.       

On 6/18/2017 at 7:24 AM, Bong-Man said:

My Tigers are 3 games under .500, and only 3.5 games behind the AL Central lead.  The division no one wants to win.  Wasting some good pitching performances, which isn't a good sign.  

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2017/06/17/healthy-legs-powering-alex-avilas-amazing-renaissance/102949334/

Alex Avila for AL Comeback Player of the Year ?  I was the first one screaming nepotism when the Tigers re-signed him in the off-season as a back-up catcher.  He probably would have been out of the league if we hadn't.  I've never seen another catcher in my lifetime get more battered behind the plate than Alex.  The White Sox must be shaking their heads in bewilderment at the season he's having.  He might end up being our biggest trade bait if things fall apart, especially if a contender loses a catcher to injury.  Baseball can be a strange game.

All Tiger fans are with Victor Martinez and his family.  Take care of yourself big guy....some things are more important than baseball.

I think the Indians have woken up finally.  They are the team to beat.  Both of our teams must make a couple of moves if they want to get back to where they belong.  Our problem is that sack of shit Miley right now.  The starting rotation in general I guess.  Britton's return will be huge.  He can cause a domino effect in the pen.  It brings back quality middle relief.  But we need guys to get us there. He is set to go tomorrow.  Davis after the all star game.  Still a half a season to go. 

28 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, the Mets were cooked back in May & most of the division races are over too. Maybe when the playoffs start, I'll get excited about the 2017 MLB season again...

Other than Houston and the Nats nothing is set in stone

Archived