football

craigled

2 hours ago, craigled said:

Do any of you follow a team, If so who ?. I am a MASSIVE Evertonian.

Nevermind,  you're not called the "Blues" for nothing. Console yourself with a Toffee  or a(n) ******* mint.....

Not many hooligans in the English game now. Comes up every so often. But no wonder, There are idiots everywhere in society. I am not just saying it, But the Evertonians are great supporters. Get behind their own team. Never cause aggro with the opposition fans. All very fair imo. Even against the Kopites, They sit amongst us.

1 hour ago, Thomasw536 said:

I live in Seattle and the Sounders won the Championship!  Greatest Team on the face of the earth!!!

Congrats - they did what needed to be done on kicks - truth is I was expecting Toronto FC to dominate them, and during regular play it was looking like it, but the Sounders found a way to make it happen in the end. It was a long night in my home - I had the volume cranked and thank goodness the basement has a sound proof ceiling because my wife would not have been happy otherwise

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

OK wise guy.  Its SOCCER.   So what is going on with Leicester City?

Leicester were a flash in the pan, they had a run of good luck for that one season, they are unlikely to ever repeat that good form that took them to last seasons title win.

They are of course still doing well in the European Champions League at the moment, can't see the winning that one though..

A couple of other ex Premier League teams have had similar runs of good fortune just like Leicester did and then after soon disappeared into lower league obscurity. Nottingham Forrest and Blackburn Rovers both had that flash in the pan luck that Leicester have had.

It's a funny old game is Football..

Edited by JTM

55 minutes ago, Clinton P. Desveaux said:

Actually, we grew up calling it Footie or Football - soccer was a North American media thing

Footie or Football it most definitely is, but try telling that to a citizen of the USA they can't seem to accept that the game they play is a bastardised version of the English game Rugby, they even play with the same egg shaped object that has no resemblance to a ball which I always thought was round. 

2 hours ago, JTM said:

Leicester were a flash in the pan, they had a run of good luck for that one season, they are unlikely to ever repeat that good form that took them to last seasons title win.

They are of course still doing well in the European Champions League at the moment, can't see the winning that one though..

A couple of other ex Premier League teams have had similar runs of good fortune just like Leicester did and then after soon disappeared into lower league obscurity. Nottingham Forrest and Blackburn Rovers both had that flash in the pan luck that Leicester have had.

It's a funny old game is Football..

They are getting waxed to the tune of 2-0 to Stoke.  I had a small parlay on Leisester and Manchester United.  Up in Flames.  I assume Vardy is still there?  He is quite a striker.  Love him.  No doubt will make the World Cup team?    I am off Leicester now after seeing this score.  I see Chrystal Palace has played pretty well of late. They could be a sleeper?

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They are getting waxed to the tune of 2-0 to Stoke.  I had a small parlay on Leisester and Manchester United.  Up in Flames.  I assume Vardy is still there?  He is quite a striker.  Love him.  No doubt will make the World Cup team?    I am off Leicester now after seeing this score.  I see Chrystal Palace has played pretty well of late. They could be a sleeper?

Chrystal Palace, a sleeper ? highly doubtful. This season I think will be taken probably by Chelsea but with Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man City in there with a chance, Those teams will most likely be the top four finishers. But there are six months of the season left so who knows..

Leicester won the League and deserved it. But they were never going to repeat it. I did not expect them to drop as much as they have. They will end up mid-table this time, I think. If someone said to me, Everton can win the PL title one season and then end up, Even 17th the season after, I would bite their hand off. That achievement can never be taken away from them. I love my football. Waiting for the big Derby on Monday.

3 hours ago, JTM said:

Chrystal Palace, a sleeper ? highly doubtful. This season I think will be taken probably by Chelsea but with Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man City in there with a chance, Those teams will most likely be the top four finishers. But there are six months of the season left so who knows..

I got  push on Leicester and won on MU>  Tomorrow I need Arsenal and have little doubt they will take care of an over rated Manchester City team