football

craigled

Arsenal v Burnley was a great watch. Ref made some really brave calls. Most times he got it right. Arsenal showed real character to get the winner. Maybe the title is not over with just yet. Cannot be bothered watching Chelsea right now.

1 minute ago, craigled said:

Arsenal v Burnley was a great watch. Ref made some really brave calls. Most times he got it right. Arsenal showed real character to get the winner. Maybe the title is not over with just yet. Cannot be bothered watching Chelsea right now.

I played a parlay and took Burnley with two goals and also Hull with 2.  But I made the mistake of taking Leiceser City.  I am really surprised by that score vs Southampton.  I guess they have really fallen hard

• 2 weeks later...

I am watching Premier League here in the States.  Liverpool and Chelsea just kicked off.  What in the devil are they singing?  I was watching Watford as they  scored early on Arsenal but that would be an upset if it held up.  I have my money on Tottenham minus a goal and a half. At Sunderland.  Yikes.  Hoping they don't stink up the joint like Saturday.  The game before they were on fire.  Tottenham are my pick to win this damn thing.  we shall see.  I have always kind of liked Chelsea but I really like Vardy and LC until their recent unraveling.  They look pretty messed up of late. Probably still celebrating last year.   OK, Go Tottenham!!!!!

2 hours ago, craigled said:

Arsenal officially out of the title race tonight. Do not understand them. With the talent in their squad that cannot get a game, They should be competing for it, If not, Actually winning the League.

I would rank them about the same as or just a touch under Liverpool.  But strange for me to see Everton a slight underdog tomorrow to Stoke?  What is up with that?  Everton like Tottenham, before today at least, can put the ball in the net.  Manchester City should win tomorrow.  it looks like Chelsea will be tough to beat but Liverpool tied them.  I still think deep down that Manchester United might be the best.  Tottenham was my earlier choice but now I am not sure about them either.  Leicester City has surely fell from grace and fallen hard.  So Chelsea, MU, MC, Tottenham all seem tough.  Southampton has been very good of late. just in case nobody has noticed.   Tomorrow, I put in a small 3 team parlay.  Manchester City -1, Everton +1/2 and Manchester United -1 1/2.  I had to buy MU down from -2.  Otherwise  they would have to win by 3 to cover.  They just might. Hull was not that bad but I think they got whacked pretty good last out and to a low level team?  3-1 if memory serves me correct?  No match for United.  Lets see if Rooney has some more magic left.    You know the USA has given the Premier League a regular spot now on NBC.  And they are on national TV on Saturday and Wed.  Not bad.  Our city of Rochester was supposed to get an MLS team.  They built a stadium for the Rhino's and then they stuck their middle finger up at us and left us in the minor jerk off league.  I saw them play the Chicago Fire at the old stadium where the minor league baseball team plays now.  I will never go to a game unless they join the MLS.   They could outdraw most major cities and would have Buffalo and Syracuse to also draw fans.  I notice during your games over there you have that website advertised on the screens.  Bet365 or something like that? I went there but they wont allow US members to join.  This country sucks.  I am happy that the UK is  kicking that SOB out of their country!!!!  I wish we had Teresa May.

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I would rank them about the same as or just a touch under Liverpool.  But strange for me to see Everton a slight underdog tomorrow to Stoke?  What is up with that?  Everton like Tottenham, before today at least, can put the ball in the net.  Manchester City should win tomorrow.  it looks like Chelsea will be tough to beat but Liverpool tied them.  I still think deep down that Manchester United might be the best.  Tottenham was my earlier choice but now I am not sure about them either.  Leicester City has surely fell from grace and fallen hard.  So Chelsea, MU, MC, Tottenham all seem tough.  Southampton has been very good of late. just in case nobody has noticed.   Tomorrow, I put in a small 3 team parlay.  Manchester City -1, Everton +1/2 and Manchester United -1 1/2.  I had to buy MU down from -2.  Otherwise  they would have to win by 3 to cover.  They just might. Hull was not that bad but I think they got whacked pretty good last out and to a low level team?  3-1 if memory serves me correct?  No match for United.  Lets see if Rooney has some more magic left.    You know the USA has given the Premier League a regular spot now on NBC.  And they are on national TV on Saturday and Wed.  Not bad.  Our city of Rochester was supposed to get an MLS team.  They built a stadium for the Rhino's and then they stuck their middle finger up at us and left us in the minor jerk off league.  I saw them play the Chicago Fire at the old stadium where the minor league baseball team plays now.  I will never go to a game unless they join the MLS.   They could outdraw most major cities and would have Buffalo and Syracuse to also draw fans.  I notice during your games over there you have that website advertised on the screens.  Bet365 or something like that? I went there but they wont allow US members to join.  This country sucks.  I am happy that the UK is  kicking that SOB out of their country!!!!  I wish we had Teresa May.

We now have on The BBC "The NFL show" Saturday night after ''Match of the Day''.  Sunday night The BBC has it's now regular showing of  "The Superbowl'' totally commercial free of course. On tonight's footie I'm guessing a win for Stoke against Everton, a win for Man U against Hull and a draw for West Ham v's Man C.

On 2/1/2017 at 6:24 AM, JTM said:

We now have on The BBC "The NFL show" Saturday night after ''Match of the Day''.  Sunday night The BBC has it's now regular showing of  "The Superbowl'' totally commercial free of course. On tonight's footie I'm guessing a win for Stoke against Everton, a win for Man U against Hull and a draw for West Ham v's Man C.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.  Now I picked Everton and they covered and I picked Manchester City.  But Manchester United had no business tying Hull, a team they are better than and they played most of the game in their end.  Hull did hit the post on a shot but it was  lucky development more than any type of breaking down MU's defense.  I got it stuck in my ass as I had EVerton plus a half (winner), MC -1  (winner)  and MU -1 1 /2 (loser) and my patience for soccer is deteriorating by the minute

Bournemouth at home tomorrow. Think it will be an entertaining game. I admire Bournemouth for what they have done. Eddie Howe is a good, young manager. He would be ideal for Arsenal when Arsene Wenger steps aside. Talking of Arsenal, That is a must win at Chelsea tomorrow. If they are to have any hope of being Champions, That is.

19 minutes ago, Strider said:

The Liverpudlians are fading. Once they lost to Robert Plant's team, I had a sinking feeling...but then to be shut out by Hull City? :blink:

Hhrumphhhh, what's going on. Still, Liverpool have fourteen more points at this stage than they did last season, all is not lost. 

3 minutes ago, JTM said:

Hhrumphhhh, what's going on. Still, Liverpool have fourteen more points at this stage than they did last season, all is not lost. 

True...but haven't they lost 4 of their last 5 or 6 matches, with one draw? And to bottom-tier teams like Swansea, Hull City and Wolverhampton, no less.

Edited by Strider

2 minutes ago, Strider said:

True...but haven't they lost 4 of their last 5 or 6 matches, with one draw?

One win in ten games (in all competitions), last time that happened to Liverpool was 1954.

Edited by JTM

I will not pip into the Kopites discussion. What a win for the Everton lads today. This is more like it. Showing we are capable of challenging the top 4. Will not happen this time. Next season that will be a realistic aim. Happy with my football right now.

10 minutes ago, craigled said:

I will not pip into the Kopites discussion. What a win for the Everton lads today. This is more like it. Showing we are capable of challenging the top 4. Will not happen this time. Next season that will be a realistic aim. Happy with my football right now.

Hey man, this is your thread...you can pip in on anything at anytime you like. We're all grown-ups here...a little sports-bashing never hurt anyone.

23 hours ago, craigled said:

You know if more of  your games were like the Everton game, a 6-3 win!!!!  Yes, a 9 goal game, more Americans might gain a like for your sport.  But every time I start to like it a bit, a 0-0 stinker is tossed my way.  That MU vs Hull game was an abomination.  A fucking joke.  In Prison Break, if you are a fan, in the prison Sona in Panama, the kid with the McGrady shirt is the only Hispanic that prefers the NBA to soccer.  More exciting and lots of scoring.  In soccer, you have to wake me up from a siesta when a goal is scored.  I have always said the offside rule is too strict.  If its a guy straddling the defender they need to let it go.  LIke in hockey.  But they like their 0-0 bullshit sleepers I guess?  That is why the World Cup is the only time I really get into the sport.  I will say I like the Premier League sometimes.   Like when they score in that Everton game.  Everton and Tottenham are two teams that score and so too MU.  But many of them just put you to sleep.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel sorry for Arsenal as a whole. Fans,Players and Arsene Wenger. They were giving it a damn good go tonight. Any hope they did have was blown away by the worst officials i have ever,ever seen. I admire Arsenal FC.

1 hour ago, craigled said:

I feel sorry for Arsenal as a whole. Fans,Players and Arsene Wenger. They were giving it a damn good go tonight. Any hope they did have was blown away by the worst officials i have ever,ever seen. I admire Arsenal FC.

It was one of the more painful breakdowns to watch to be honest - I don't have much luck when it comes to my sports teams 

Great opening match at Orlando City Stadium this past Sunday night!  We won 1-0.  Unfortunately our captain Kaká injured his hamstring 5 minutes in and is lost for 6 weeks.  Looking forward to our season tickets in the new stadium though!

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG