football

craigled

Lovely stadium that. I think Arsenal will win the fa cup. Not sure if they will finish in the top 4 this time though. That spells disaster. Not good enough for a Club who have a deep squad. Wenger needs to say what his future is asap. I will always regard him as a really class Manager. He was in charge when they went a entire season unbeaten. This period now is ruining it. Its a shame.

22 minutes ago, craigled said:

I am going to have to follow a team in that League. I will go for a winning one in that. Seeing as my teams in Sports i follow never win a thing.

hahahah - welcome to my world...Ottawa Fury FC is one you can't go wrong with - they have these hardcore fans who come out to watch games when it's -20 Celsius We got the final 2 seasons ago, but lost... Bank Street in Ottawa is the place to be when the crowds are going in or going out from the match.

This was one of the highlights of my life:

26 minutes ago, craigled said:

Ottawa Fury it is then. If they fail, I will go glory-hunting with Barcelona in the Spanish League. Now they are good. And that comeback last night in the European cup. WOW. I wish i had watched it.

Barca may have been impressive last night, not so much last week when they got beat four nil.

On 07/03/2017 at 10:15 PM, craigled said:

I feel sorry for Arsenal as a whole. Fans,Players and Arsene Wenger. They were giving it a damn good go tonight. Any hope they did have was blown away by the worst officials i have ever,ever seen. I admire Arsenal FC.

I don't. That tosser Wenger. He must have something big on the Arsenal board as they should have got rid of him years ago. Never have I heard  a man who spouts more pitiful excuses than him. I mean what has he actually won in the last 10 years? Nowt. If that was any manager of a club they would have been sacked years ago. His teams are generally ill disciplined and he spends more time in the stands than he does on the bench. Not forgetting his penchant for girls who, if I be so bold to suggest, have not reached 6th form at school. Let's hope he hangs up his shoddy grey jacket at the end of this season.

12 hours ago, Clinton P. Desveaux said:

So as the season is in the early stages - Ottawa Fury FC take a loss thanks to Toronto FC...

Hey Charles, what league does Ottawa FC play in?  Are they Toronto's B league team?

Orlando City SC - 3 points - play at New England this Saturday! Go Lions!

42 minutes ago, Walter said:

Hey Charles, what league does Ottawa FC play in?  Are they Toronto's B league team?

Orlando City SC - 3 points - play at New England this Saturday! Go Lions!

Ottawa Fury FC were part of the NASL division 1, but wanted out (and rightly so)  into MLS. MLS wanted them in the 1st division (but not now - MLS was not ready for additional expansion yet) but there was some internal politics so they were allowed into MLS but had to agree to division 2 status (so they set themselves up as Montreal's team) . MLS has said if Ottawa Fury FC continue to perform well when it comes to expansion of division 1 they would get in at the point. But the MLS Division 1 doesn't want to expand too quickly (only so much money to go around and costs and so on)

If I had my way, NASL would simply merge with MLS and at that point North American footie would be ready to go global

Edited by Clinton P. Desveaux

21 hours ago, Clinton P. Desveaux said:

Ottawa Fury FC were part of the NASL division 1, but wanted out (and rightly so)  into MLS. MLS wanted them in the 1st division (but not now - MLS was not ready for additional expansion yet) but there was some internal politics so they were allowed into MLS but had to agree to division 2 status (so they set themselves up as Montreal's team) . MLS has said if Ottawa Fury FC continue to perform well when it comes to expansion of division 1 they would get in at the point. But the MLS Division 1 doesn't want to expand too quickly (only so much money to go around and costs and so on)

If I had my way, NASL would simply merge with MLS and at that point North American footie would be ready to go global

Thank you for that detailed response.  I'm very new to this whole various divisions stuff, world wide.  The whole EPL, Champions League, etc. over in Europe really makes my head spin.  In a good way!

Orlando City's game in Massachusetts has been postponed from tomorrow to September 2, due to weather.  At least Kaká will probably be back for that one.  The lads will have a two-week break between last week's match and the next on the 18th vs. Philadelphia.

SNOW SOCCER. What an embarrassment. Not so much the snow, which was the only interesting thing about the match. But Minnesota was a joke of a team...even by MSL standards. God help them if they ever have to play an EPL team.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/story/3081284/conditions-for-minnesota-atlanta-everything-we-imagined-don-garber

On 13/03/2017 at 7:59 AM, Strider said:

SNOW SOCCER. What an embarrassment. Not so much the snow, which was the only interesting thing about the match. But Minnesota was a joke of a team...even by MSL standards. God help them if they ever have to play an EPL team.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/story/3081284/conditions-for-minnesota-atlanta-everything-we-imagined-don-garber

Playing in the snow !!!!! That would not happen here, the 'elf (sic) & safety would not allow it. Quite right too, it's dangerous.

So chime in and tell me how significant this match between England and Germany is tomorrow?  Will the top units be out there?  Will Vardy play for England?  Is this considered a World Cup qualifier?

PS.  I see the Scotch team are favored by a goal over Canada.  Not a real surprise.  But I wonder if Scotland will make it in this year?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

26 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So chime in and tell me how significant this match between England and Germany is tomorrow?  Will the top units be out there?  Will Vardy play for England?  Is this considered a World Cup qualifier?

PS.  I see the Scotch team are favored by a goal over Canada.  Not a real surprise.  But I wonder if Scotland will make it in this year?

Vardy is not that good you know, He's alright but not great, I know you love him but I think you overrate him Rick.

Also Scotch is a drink, I think you mean the Scots.

The England v Germany game is a friendly so not really that significant, more of a practice match..

48 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It will be a dull game. Well it is England after all. I really couldn't care less. Anyway the game clashes with " A history of flower arranging from 1910 to the present". And it's a no brainer. Get the Daffodils out.

I agree with JTM about Vardy though. Not even close to World class.

The chances of Scotland making it to the World Cup is as likely as Robert Plant taking to the stage with Page, Jones and Bonham.

Germany v England is a meaningless friendly. I do not care about it tbh. Vardy is a goalscorer. Always has been. But at a lower level. He just had 1 good season in the Premier League. I bet he wishes he had gone to Arsenal. He had the chance. I do not like how he caused his Manager to get the sack. Totally out of order.

On 3/21/2017 at 11:33 AM, chillumpuffer said:

It will be a dull game. Well it is England after all. I really couldn't care less. Anyway the game clashes with " A history of flower arranging from 1910 to the present". And it's a no brainer. Get the Daffodils out.

I agree with JTM about Vardy though. Not even close to World class.

The chances of Scotland making it to the World Cup is as likely as Robert Plant taking to the stage with Page, Jones and Bonham.

I think they made it back in the 80s?  That may be the last time I remember Scotland being in?  Alot of qualifiers in the coming days.  If I had to make one pick it would be Mexico to take Costa Rica down.  Mexico never takes any game lightly.  And I expect them to be  a force in the upcoming world cup in 18.

4 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I think they made it back in the 80s?  That may be the last time I remember Scotland being in?  Alot of qualifiers in the coming days.  If I had to make one pick it would be Mexico to take Costa Rica down.  Mexico never takes any game lightly.  And I expect them to be  a force in the upcoming world cup in 18.

I think they did Rick - a long time ago. They couldn't even beat Canada !! :hysterical:

We don't look at results out of Europe to be honest. I watched a bit last evening in between sorting Lillies and Roses. We didn't look to bad but missed a real sitter to open the scoring. I predict we will qualify  but will be hopelessly out of our depth in the finals - as usual

3 more points for our Orlando City Lions this past Saturday night.  A 2-1 victory vs. Philadelphia Union.  Cyle Larin has scored all of the team's goals thus far this season.  The lads are off a couple of weeks until April 1 at Columbus.

IMG_1712.JPG

I watched Mexico beat Costa Rica and was shocked at the USA score.  I will be interested to see how they do vs a team like Mexico.  I need the Netherlands today to win two parlays and advance to W7 on my 5 dimes contest.  But they must win by more than 1.  Like my chances.  If any of you Brits have anything "solid", I would ask you to please let me know.  These U17 games I know nothing about.