football

craigled

15 hours ago, craigled said:

Cannot wait for next weekend. Back to Premier League football. A really big Derby is happening.

What do you make of all of these WC qualifiers in the coming days?  I am thinking Costa Rica should beat Honduras.  Also I am backing a couple  other teams including Mexico to win their game.  The Dutch screwed me and themselves with that pathetic showing. Maybe they are that bad?  They were a  real power in the last WC.  I am guessing they may not even qualify.  They must win tomorrow.   Not doubt.  

Absolute rubbish today. We got battered from the off. Got a goal against all odds. That was the chance to build. It did not happen. A few of our lads got stuck in, But by doing stupid things. But lacked aggression for a big Derby. Thats happened too often in recent Derbies. The Anfield ones are a nightmare. Ruined my day. United next up. Oh no.

15 hours ago, craigled said:

Absolute rubbish today. We got battered from the off. Got a goal against all odds. That was the chance to build. It did not happen. A few of our lads got stuck in, But by doing stupid things. But lacked aggression for a big Derby. Thats happened too often in recent Derbies. The Anfield ones are a nightmare. Ruined my day. United next up. Oh no.

Never mind Craig, Everton's day will come. Liverpool had to win, in fact they need to win every game now for a top four finish, if they don't CP's lot will come in and nick that fourth spot..

18 hours ago, craigled said:

I cant believe Chelsea lost to CP.  Cannot believe it.  I got sucked in and bet the bastards minus a goal and a half.  It was 1-0 Chelsea 6 minutes in so I am thinking blowout.  When it was 2-1, and it stayed 2-1 I still thought they were perhaps just sleeping so to speak and would wake up and hammer them.  It did not happen. Cant trust this sport for shit.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I cant believe Chelsea lost to CP.  Cannot believe it.  I got sucked in and bet the bastards minus a goal and a half.  It was 1-0 Chelsea 6 minutes in so I am thinking blowout.  When it was 2-1, and it stayed 2-1 I still thought they were perhaps just sleeping so to speak and would wake up and hammer them.  It did not happen. Cant trust this sport for shit.

I think goes for anything one gambles on?

Was wondering if anyone can answer when the World Cup qualifiers are all set in stone?  On the odds in Vegas for instance Mexico is -50,000-1, a slam dunk to be in.  When is this finalized? Or is it done based on the games played and the rest of the qualifiers?  I know Mexico and the US will get in.  And Russia is in automatically because they are the host nation is that correct?  Even though they may not have won enough games to qualify if not for being the host nation?  One year from this June is what I am thinking.  I hope England figures it all out by then.  Based on recent play the USA might be as formidable as the English team?  Argentina  do not look like themselves and Bolivia to me are a surprise the way they are playing.  I thought Columbia would be better also.  But its early.  If we are to see the games live I am thinking some real early morning times here in the eastern United States.  Well not as bad as I thought.  Moscow is 7 hours ahead of NY.  I thought London was about 5?  Have to look it up.  So LA and Moscow is 10.  If a game is played at 3 pm in the afternoon, we will be watching at 8 am in NY>  Night games would be perfect.  Early games, lets say noon, then we are talking 5 am in NY and 2 am in LA.  that sucks if you live in the West coast.   Well it will be interesting to see which small nations qualify.  I wonder if Ireland will get in?   Scotland, I doubt. 

Russia are the host nation so are already in. As far as I am aware the group stages are in a league of 6 teams from their continent. Europe, Asia, S. America and so on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_qualification

The above should help you Rick

The times of kick off will be determined by TV and the audience it attracts. As "soccer" is as popular as Saudi Arabia in the US then don't expect any favours. If you want a good bet then bet on the amount of arrests for violence there will be. The Russians will be out for anyone on their home turf. Forget it if your at all different. There will be no getting together in "fan zones" sipping Vodka and discussing the hilarity of when the Scots couldn't beat Canada. It will be a brawl fest.

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Russia are the host nation so are already in. As far as I am aware the group stages are in a league of 6 teams from their continent. Europe, Asia, S. America and so on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_qualification

The above should help you Rick

The times of kick off will be determined by TV and the audience it attracts. As "soccer" is as popular as Saudi Arabia in the US then don't expect any favours. If you want a good bet then bet on the amount of arrests for violence there will be. The Russians will be out for anyone on their home turf. Forget it if your at all different. There will be no getting together in "fan zones" sipping Vodka and discussing the hilarity of when the Scots couldn't beat Canada. It will be a brawl fest.

Thanks.  I am going to check your link in just a minute.  I know that once the World Cup starts, its A-H groups.  So 8 groups with 4 teams in each group.  8X4 =32 last time I checked so 32 teams will make it.  It will be interesting to see if a team like Brazil can go deep playing in a colder climate in Russia.  The fucking English have let me down year in and year out.  Put Rooney on the bench and put Vardy in and leave him in.  Vardy will score.  That is for sure.  Love the guy.  I have no idea what Tottenham or Leicester are like other than what I have seen in movies and such.  Never been there.  My daughter is going to Scotland and Ireland this summer and has been to London.  She works in Manhattan .  Some life. I still love the West coast here the most.  Just leave me in LA.  

Mixed feelings with tonights match v Man United. Much better than the Derby. Some great individual performances. Keeper back to his best. I am up and down with Joel Robles. I would have settled for a draw before the game. But it was such a late goal. Anyway, Leicester next up.

14 hours ago, craigled said:

Mixed feelings with tonights match v Man United. Much better than the Derby. Some great individual performances. Keeper back to his best. I am up and down with Joel Robles. I would have settled for a draw before the game. But it was such a late goal. Anyway, Leicester next up.

Can't see Everton getting a result v Leicester. Can even see them going unbeaten or pretty close till the end of the season. Such a powerful unit Shakespeare has got them back into.

Not sure about the Leicester match. We are capable of beating anybody. When i think of Leicester, It takes me back to the cup game earlier in the season. They beat us. I did not see that coming at all. I honestly fancied our chances of winning it. So i repeat, Not sure about the League game. Anything can happen.

Really happy with today. It was typical Everton throughout. Total happiness with the 1st minute goal. Then conceding 2 quickly afterwards. All went well after that. 4-2 win. The folk on the telly are right, Evertonians have a lot to look forward to. Good team, Good manager. The stadium move getting nearer. I am feeling content about my football team.