football

craigled

5 hours ago, craigled said:

Arsenal. Oh dear me. Looking like it has to be the end for Arsene Wenger. They are absolutely shocking. I reckon next season my team will end up higher than them. Might even happen this time by the look of it.

How do they lose to chrystal Palace?  Unreal

5 minutes ago, ForEvermore said:

GO CHELSEA! :D

Vegas had the game at 2 1/2 so of course I loved it over.  I got a push on Everton who let me down.  I really thought Tottenham were the one team, well maybe MU or MC also, that could give Chelsea a time of it?  Tottenham can score.   I consider them somewhat of an elite team

Another decent result today. Cannot moan about getting a point away at West Ham. I hope Arsenal beat City tomorrow, But cannot see it happening. Chelsea v City in the cup final. If that is the case i will not bother watching it. And besides, On the day of the final it is the magic weekend (super league, Rugby league). So i will watch that instead.

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Vegas had the game at 2 1/2 so of course I loved it over.  I got a push on Everton who let me down.  I really thought Tottenham were the one team, well maybe MU or MC also, that could give Chelsea a time of it?  Tottenham can score.   I consider them somewhat of an elite team

They are an elite team. Their time will come. Spurs should have prioritized the Europa League last year instead of trying to win the Premier League title - they were never going to (and to ultimately finish 3rd behind Arsenal was just the worst indignity for them). Still, they will get a trophy before too long.

I'm still gaping in awe over Matic's strike...WOW! :o

7 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

They are an elite team. Their time will come. Spurs should have prioritized the Europa League last year instead of trying to win the Premier League title - they were never going to (and to ultimately finish 3rd behind Arsenal was just the worst indignity for them). Still, they will get a trophy before too long.

I'm still gaping in awe over Matic's strike...WOW! :o

I expect Chrystal Palace to have their heads handed to them today.  I think United and City both should win

Well done to Arsenal. I cannot wait for the final. I am sure some of you will have noticed, I admire the Gunners. Oh and the fa cup final is not at the same time as the Rugby league magic weekend. It clashes with the Summer bash. I knew it was at the same time as some Rugby League. I will be watching Arsenal v Chelsea. And what i can of the Rugby.

Edited by craigled

On 4/23/2017 at 3:09 PM, craigled said:

Well done to Arsenal. I cannot wait for the final. I am sure some of you will have noticed, I admire the Gunners. Oh and the fa cup final is not at the same time as the Rugby league magic weekend. It clashes with the Summer bash. I knew it was at the same time as some Rugby League. I will be watching Arsenal v Chelsea. And what i can of the Rugby.

NOW YOU GUYS ARE ON PAGE TWO I AM BUMPING YOUR FREAKIN SOCCER THREAD BACK TO THE FRONT PAGE BUT IN RETURN, JUST GIVE ME A COUPLE WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B)

12 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

I shall be flying out to watch the game tonight - EXCITED 

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/ottawa-fury-fc-setup 

12 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

I shall be flying out to watch the game tonight - EXCITED 

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/ottawa-fury-fc-setup 

So who do you want?  Charleston?  This is MLS?  I cant believe Chrystal Palace loses after they were so hot vs better

9 hours ago, craigled said:

Got beat quite easily v Chelsea today. They are so clinical. Champions elect. So its a case of taking that one on the chin and moving on. Not letting it get to me too much. The future is very bright for Everton FC.

Yes, you will be giving your neighbors in Liverpool fits going forward, and knocking on the door of European spots soon. I have a soft spot for the blue teams in cities (thus, I prefer Everton to Liverpool, Man City to Man U, Sheffield Wednesday to Sheffield United, Chelsea to Arsenal, etc. - the only blue-oriented team I don't care for from the larger cities is Birmingham City...they are so non-descript).

I was proud of the Blues efforts today. We normally have a lot of trouble at Goodison (e.g., last year's FA Cup match there), but we were lights out in the second half. Pedro's goal got us going, and it was all downhill from there.

To be honest, I think one of the biggest reasons we have improved so much this year (and consequently why Leicester have struggled so much this year) is that we got Kante in the off-season. He is a quiet killer, a brick wall on two legs. Of course, Conte has turned out to be the perfect manager as well - Kante and Conte have been quite the one-two punch. :)

I hope we can get the double this year, but as long as we clinch the title, I'm happy.

19 hours ago, craigled said:

Got beat quite easily v Chelsea today. They are so clinical. Champions elect. So its a case of taking that one on the chin and moving on. Not letting it get to me too much. The future is very bright for Everton FC.

Like Tottenham, they sure can score goals.  Doubt anyone beats Chelsea now and those two stinkers by Manchester United and City really drive that home. I still like Leicester City.  Vardy

On 5/1/2017 at 5:19 PM, craigled said:

The Kopites will be in the top 4. I have to be honest.

Everton is  a pick  vs Swansea this Saturday.  Seems too good to be true.  I like Everton.  Now  have  a question.  I can get some juicy fat odds on Southampton vs Liverpool who have not been exactly scary of late.  I am tempted to take a  small shot on Southampton to beat them?  Do you agree?  Also MU is -1 1/2 over Chirystal Palace who I have made a good living out of betting against until recent month.  Leicester is -1 vs Watford, and that is right about what they will likely win by?  I like Leicester City.  So if I have to pick a favorite team put me down.  It used to be Chelsea until I started to learn more about English soccer.  What say ye Bloke?

On 5/1/2017 at 10:19 PM, craigled said:

The Kopites will be in the top 4. I have to be honest.

I really hope so, though I have my doubts. It's so tight between third an sixth in the prem at the moment, anything can happen.

Edited by JTM

On 04/05/2017 at 5:12 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Everton is  a pick  vs Swansea this Saturday.  Seems too good to be true.  I like Everton.  Now  have  a question.  I can get some juicy fat odds on Southampton vs Liverpool who have not been exactly scary of late.  I am tempted to take a  small shot on Southampton to beat them?  Do you agree?  Also MU is -1 1/2 over Chirystal Palace who I have made a good living out of betting against until recent month.  Leicester is -1 vs Watford, and that is right about what they will likely win by?  I like Leicester City.  So if I have to pick a favorite team put me down.  It used to be Chelsea until I started to learn more about English soccer.  What say ye Bloke?

We will paste Swansea. I think. I do tend to get all my teams predictions wrong though. The rest, United will draw. Leicester will edge a win. Liverpool will beat Southampton quite easily.

Big March tonight in MLS.  1st place Orlando City SC traveling to 3rd place Houston.  2nd match in 72 hours, both on the road, and 3rd in eight days.  Gonna test that depth and conditioning.

Edited by Walter