The Infinite Appeal of Led Zeppelin

elKZacha

Led Zeppelins music is timeless.

Most eras are defined by what bands were dominating the industry at the time. However, some bands are slaves to these eras, as their music has no lasting meaning and is all but tied to the social construct of those eras.

In my humble opinion, Led Zeppelin belong to no era. Sure, their output was at its greatest in the 70's, but by no means is their music riding the coat tails of that decades other acts/trends.

Their music sounds like THEM, not the 70's. Of course, you could argue that it defines the 70's, but regardless, it has resonated for many years after, whereas other bands seem to fade with the decades trends.

What I'm getting at, is that Zeppelin are authentic, and fucking timeless.

I'm drunk rn and wanted to say this because I can.

Hope you lot can relate.

5 minutes ago, elKZacha said:

Led Zeppelins music is timeless.

Most eras are defined by what bands were dominating the industry at the time. However, some bands are slaves to these eras, as their music has no lasting meaning and is all but tied to the social construct of those eras.

In my humble opinion, Led Zeppelin belong to no era. Sure, their output was at its greatest in the 70's, but by no means is their music riding the coat tails of that decades other acts/trends.

Their music sounds like THEM, not the 70's. Of course, you could argue that it defines the 70's, but regardless, it has resonated for many years after, whereas other bands seem to fade with the decades trends.

What I'm getting at, is that Zeppelin are authentic, and fucking timeless.

I'm drunk rn and wanted to say this because I can.

Hope you lot can relate.

I can relate.

I understand what is being said. There is no doubt that the music of Led Zepp has stood the test of time. Because look at all the young people who are interested in the band. Yes some are copying other family members. Not all of them. Generations have passed. They are such a big name. Some have just heard of them and now are joined in with us, Lifetimers.

Yes! Very relatable, and they are indeed timeless. I cannot imagine a world where the music of Led Zeppelin is looked upon as "old" or not relevant.

And yeah, RAH - BEST thing ever recorded. EVER.

Archived