2016-17 NFL PLAYOFF CONTEST

Strider

And now...the playoff rounds! Same drill as before. 

Wild Card Round

SATURDAY JANUARY 7 TIME (ET)

Oakland @ Houston 4:35p.m.

Detroit @ Seattle 8:15p.m.

SUNDAY JANUARY 8 TIME (ET)

Miami @ Pittsburgh 1:05p.m.

New York Giants @ Green Bay 4:40p.m.

7 minutes ago, Strider said:

My picks:

Oakland

Seattle

Pittsburgh

Green Bay

OK.  So  we are only picking one week at a time?  Not the entire playoffs?  So just this weekend?  OK.

Oakland

Seattle  (hope I am wrong but tough to take the Lions now and especially on the road)

Pittsburgh  (no lock.  Miami could surprise)

NY Giants  (D on fire.  Manning knows the drill.  Love this game with the  pts)

On 1/3/2017 at 6:40 AM, California Evermore said:

Oakland

Seattle

Pittsburgh

New York Giants 

On 1/3/2017 at 7:41 AM, craigled said:

Houston

Detroit

Miami

Green Bay

14 hours ago, Wally Hood said:

Houston

Detroit 

Miami 

New York 

Hello and welcome to the club, California Evermore, craigled, and Wally Hood! :wave:

Always nice to have some new blood and fresh faces. And perhaps you might think of playing the regular season pool next season?

14 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

Oakland

Detroit 

SUNDAY JANUARY 8 TIME (ET)

Pittsburgh

Green Bay 

Welcome back in_the_evening! :wave: I am sorry situations made it difficult for you to finish the regular season with us.

Raiders - Let the Spartan kid play !  He's no stranger to big games.

Detroit - Every dog has it's day.....woof ! Woof !....C'mon boys.....don't send me to bed early on a Saturday night !!

Pittsburgh - Moore's chance to be a star ?  Nah

Green Bay - Although if anyone can beat them outside it's the Giants.

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Raiders - Let the Spartan kid play !  He's no stranger to big games.

Detroit - Every dog has it's day.....woof ! Woof !....C'mon boys.....don't send me to bed early on a Saturday night !!

Pittsburgh - Moore's chance to be a star ?  Nah

Green Bay - Although if anyone can beat them outside it's the Giants.

I commend you for finally standing by your team. I truly hope they win in many ways.  But my only concern is that if they win, would they go to Atlanta next? Or Dallas?   I want Dallas to lose.  I believe Atlanta and Seattle and the Giants can all beat them.  The Lions had them and let them off the hook because they lack the coaching to make the right decisions.  But they have the talent and i love Stafford.  Stafford and Matt Ryan of Atlanta are both great and never get the praise that Brady gets.  I think Stafford and Ryan have the best stats on fantasy.  I do not like the matchup here for the Lions but they are too good to lose 5 in a row.  It will take a full team effort on both sides of the ball to beat Seattle.  Go Lions, Go Giants.  And go Raiders.  Even though i have no idea who is playing QB or anything about him.

20 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I commend you for finally standing by your team. I truly hope they win in many ways.  But my only concern is that if they win, would they go to Atlanta next? Or Dallas?   I want Dallas to lose.  I believe Atlanta and Seattle and the Giants can all beat them.  The Lions had them and let them off the hook because they lack the coaching to make the right decisions.  But they have the talent and i love Stafford.  Stafford and Matt Ryan of Atlanta are both great and never get the praise that Brady gets.  I think Stafford and Ryan have the best stats on fantasy.  I do not like the matchup here for the Lions but they are too good to lose 5 in a row.  It will take a full team effort on both sides of the ball to beat Seattle.  Go Lions, Go Giants.  And go Raiders.  Even though i have no idea who is playing QB or anything about him.

If you truly think Stafford and Matty Ice are in Brady's class, you are beyond hope haha.

I appreciate your Raider support, though. ;)

1 hour ago, Strider said:

If you truly think Stafford and Matty Ice are in Brady's class, you are beyond hope haha.

I appreciate your Raider support, though. ;)

Yes right now they are in his class and statistic prove it.  I have much more faith in the under in your Raider game than  the Raiders but I will take 3 and a half points with a team that was 14-2 any day over the alternative.  Don't crap your pants watching it.  Its your first since I think the "Fuck Rule"?  The Tuck Rule?  The snowy fuck job they did on the Raiders and I had money on them in that game and I am still  mad over it.  They got robbed and New England got a free ticket to the Super Bowl where they pulled off the then huge upset of my second favorite team the Rams.  Remember that shit?  The Fuck Rule.  Create for Brady.  It was a Fumble.  Period.  And when the day comes when we make the  playoffs again, and it will come, we can say our last play was the "music city miracle".  Rob Johnson's  career ruined by a kickoff return.

Alot of love for a team that has no QB and has not been to the playoffs since the "Fuck Rule" was invented for Brady.  In a snow storm.  The Texans are probably going to win because the bookies have them on their side.  If this thread/forum is a microcosm of the betting public we should play Taps for Striders men in black and silver right now.  LOL. 

The Lions will be playing this game without their starting Center and Left Tackle (Swanson & Reif).  That's a problem for an offensive line that struggles to begin with.  We haven't won a game since Swanson went down.  Zeke Elliot is a fine back, but the guy that blocked for him at OSU and the Lion's # 1 pick LT Decker Taylor ain't too shabby either.  Watch this guy set up on passing downs tonight.  You'd swear he's off-side on every play.  Besides,  it'll give you something to do for a series when it's 24-0 in the 2nd quarter. :lol:   

23 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Yes right now they are in his class and statistic prove it.  I have much more faith in the under in your Raider game than  the Raiders but I will take 3 and a half points with a team that was 14-2 any day over the alternative.  Don't crap your pants watching it.  Its your first since I think the "Fuck Rule"?  The Tuck Rule?  The snowy fuck job they did on the Raiders and I had money on them in that game and I am still  mad over it.  They got robbed and New England got a free ticket to the Super Bowl where they pulled off the then huge upset of my second favorite team the Rams.  Remember that shit?  The Fuck Rule.  Create for Brady.  It was a Fumble.  Period.  And when the day comes when we make the  playoffs again, and it will come, we can say our last play was the "music city miracle".  Rob Johnson's  career ruined by a kickoff return.

you really do put the 'special' in 'special needs'...i suggest you seek professional help

right after you run outside on zipperhead island and spot "ze plane!....ze plane!!"

54 minutes ago, Metta said:

you really do put the 'special' in 'special needs'...i suggest you seek professional help

right after you run outside on zipperhead island and spot "ze plane!....ze plane!!"

Gee, who could this be?  Nick perhaps?  

Time to change your diapers Sean!  LOL

Archived