2016-17 NFL PLAYOFF CONTEST

Strider

Interesting point totals by us. Just for kicks I looked up the points for the previous seven Super Bowls of New England's Brady-Belichick era.

For the four Super Bowls that the Patriots won, the average score was:

New England: 26

Opponent: 22.75

Average total points: 48.75

Adding in New England's two losses to the NY Giants, the average score drops to:

New England: 22.5

Opponent: 21.5

Average total points: 44

Of all the teams that have won three or more Super Bowls, the Brady-Belichick Patriots are the only team to never have had a blowout Super Bowl win...all their wins coming by 3 or 4 points.

Points to ponder.

Talk about keeping it in the family!

After Walter Junior wins the regular season pool, Mrs. Walter wins the playoff pool! Congratulations Mrs. W! :cheer:

It was a three-way tie for first at 9-2, with Mrs. W, paul carruthers, and Walter all picking the correct winner New England. Paul, you were one point away from repeating as playoff champ. Mrs. W had 52 points and you had 51. Walter had 50.

Oh well, with both winners in the same house it will make sending the prize to the winners easier.

I want to thank everyone again for playing along this season....both regular season and the playoffs. The end comes so suddenly. No more number crunching until September. I'm kind of going to miss it.

See y'all next season! Bring a friend next time. The more the merrier...spouses and spawn welcome, too.

Final Playoff Standings

1. Mrs. W: 9-2 (52)*

2. paul carruthers: 9-2 (51)

3.Walter: 9-2: (50)

4. zepscoda: 8-3 (67)

5. Strider: 8-3 (56)

6. ebk: 8-3 (47)

7. jabe: 7-4 (45)

8. in_the_evening: 7-4 (55)

9. Bong-Man: 6-5 (61)

10. Junior: 6-5 (55)

11. LedZeppfan77: 5-6 (67)

12. craigled: 5-6 (42)

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

Great day in Giants history ?

A great day in Giants history was when they actually earned the win like when they killed Denver and I cheered for them.  They sucked out vs us.  A 47 yd FG should have been made.  Kelly slid in and he did the job.  If he thought Norwood was not close enough they could have run one more play   They SUCKED OUT just like the NE team did yesterday and had help from the Zebras as usual and from Ryan and the O coordinator's stupidity not knowing a FG would ice the fucking game.  Incredible.  Dumber than what Pete Carrol did for sure.  

Thanks for everything this season.  You not only keep the books, do the math, and alert us slow responders....but you make this the best damn thread every year!

for you Sean:  ???

until next season....✌?

Oh yeah, ?? for the Walter family. ?

Archived