Off drugs and feeling well

Matjaz1

Finally I'm off the drugs for ten days now and feeling well, being nicely accepted and having a good time, building up my academic life, as well as music and friendships.

Since I finally know I have Aspergers, I have been able to connect with others more, show them more how much I care and help them as much as I can. It's all about a good deed really and this topic is I guess in a classic Zeppelin style, it's juts that no one is interested. I'm sorry for all that went wrong here and I like love this forum a lot and I just wanted to make you happy with the music from the start heh, it just didn't happen I guess. The reavaluation for autism was a total bluff, me and my father went and checked and you can read about it on my blog under the title 'Diagnoze, zdravila in poniževanja, ki jih ne rabimo', if you care to translate it.

Have a nice time and please don't threat me as a psychotic, when there is no indication for it, give me some years, to prove myself as Social gerontologist and it will all be allright! Have a nice time.

Samo Kodela

35 minutes ago, Matjaz1 said:

Finally I'm off the drugs for ten days now and feeling well, being nicely accepted and having a good time, building up my academic life, as well as music and friendships.

Since I finally know I have Aspergers, I have been able to connect with others more, show them more how much I care and help them as much as I can. It's all about a good deed really and this topic is I guess in a classic Zeppelin style, it's juts that no one is interested. I'm sorry for all that went wrong here and I like love this forum a lot and I just wanted to make you happy with the music from the start heh, it just didn't happen I guess. The reavaluation for autism was a total bluff, me and my father went and checked and you can read about it on my blog under the title 'Diagnoze, zdravila in poniževanja, ki jih ne rabimo', if you care to translate it.

Have a nice time and please don't threat me as a psychotic, when there is no indication for it, give me some years, to prove myself as Social gerontologist and it will all be allright! Have a nice time.

Samo Kodela

Hey there Samo, if you get the chance check out a show called Asperger's Are Us on Netflix. It's about a comedy troupe who's members all have Asperger's. The great thing about this special is it gets into great detail about how comedy as helped tremendously with their social anxiety, and explains to the average Joe how those who have Asperger's deal with it and what it means. It is a great watch.

Good luck with your journey my friend...

Good luck with your recovery. I have never even tried drugs, But i know a bit about addiction. You have accepted your faults. They say that is halfway to recovery. Music will aid you. Listen to loads of Zep. All the best.

Dozy me. I thought you was taking the bad sort of drugs. That is because i stupidly only use that description for the naughty sort. Meds are how i describe the ones we need for medical/health reasons. So for your condition. I understand. Good job you did not take offence. Good Luck in managing the condition.

My 16 yo son has aspergers :)

He struggles mainly with social phobia,  self loathing/low self esteem/low self confidence . 

He's happy when left to just be in his room with his pc but has anxiety when he has to leave the house, especially if it means going somewhere new or talking to outsiders.

He tried prozac for awhile and  I thought he seemed to be improving but he's stopped taking it now.

He recently founf Zeppelin and Floyd!  I am so happy about that! Next week we are taking him to the Sydney opera house to see a zeppelin tribute band with full orchestra,  can't wait! 

Thank you for sharing your story.  Perhaps we can help each other navigate :)

Well don't go into the desert! ;):)

I wish your son all best, just help him find a better way to talk to other people and it will be  better! It's weird when you try to help with such things and then people immediately start to think of the anxiety of the one who is writing. Anxiety is long behind me, it was mostly rather mild anyway.  Have a nice time!

Hi Sam,

My name is Jim. I have a daughter who was diagnosed with Aspergers. From the time she was 2 years old I noticed she was not like my other children. At 17 she was finally diagnosed properly.

It was so hard for us and a heavy price was paid by all. I was often traveling for my uncle, and for a time, 100% incommunicado during my time in captivity . I won't go in to my story.

But my wife fought most of the battle and never gave up.My daughter Marissa or Rissi had been through hell. Loaded with uneccesary Meds for multiple diagnosis' , alienated by her siblings and peers even institutionalized for 6 months and 14 days. That's a condensed version. I blamed my wife. 

Rissi is extremely intelligent and in addition is dyslexic. But as a child and pre - pubescent teen so many labels were put on her. When I came back to the States one of my Docs recommended Rissi see one of his Associates. Rissi was diagnosed with Aspergers. Although she was found to be high functioning her socialization and coping skills were that of a five year old.

It was a long road. She was taken of all her meds, some required weening. She is 24 now, living independently , owns her own car , is a store manager for Alta cosmetics and is planning an eventual move to Texas (because she can, no tax either) . She will buy a home and continue to lead a productive life.

Socialization came the hardest. But one day I received a call from my wife and was told Rissi made a friend. I cried (deep soul cry) for over a half hour.

My wife , God Bless Her, never quit and fought EVERY step of the way while having to deal with me and my issues. I wish I knew now what I didn't know then (yes, it's a popular song but expresses my feelings perfectly). We are best of friends. But it's not about that. The persistence of the mothers love for her daughter....

Never stop fighting and moving forward. My wife is "the expert" but feel free to drop me a line for anything at all.

I have skipped a lot of this story. But I have learned that any type of pity, bitterness, anger or regret will only impede your path. It's a a marathon not a sprint. Good Luck. 

5 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

Hi Sam,

My name is Jim. I have a daughter who was diagnosed with Aspergers. From the time she was 2 years old I noticed she was not like my other children. At 17 she was finally diagnosed properly.

It was so hard for us and a heavy price was paid by all. I was often traveling for my uncle, and for a time, 100% incommunicado during my time in captivity . I won't go in to my story.

But my wife fought most of the battle and never gave up.My daughter Marissa or Rissi had been through hell. Loaded with uneccesary Meds for multiple diagnosis' , alienated by her siblings and peers even institutionalized for 6 months and 14 days. That's a condensed version. I blamed my wife. 

Rissi is extremely intelligent and in addition is dyslexic. But as a child and pre - pubescent teen so many labels were put on her. When I came back to the States one of my Docs recommended Rissi see one of his Associates. Rissi was diagnosed with Aspergers. Although she was found to be high functioning her socialization and coping skills were that of a five year old.

It was a long road. She was taken of all her meds, some required weening. She is 24 now, living independently , owns her own car , is a store manager for Alta cosmetics and is planning an eventual move to Texas (because she can, no tax either) . She will buy a home and continue to lead a productive life.

Socialization came the hardest. But one day I received a call from my wife and was told Rissi made a friend. I cried (deep soul cry) for over a half hour.

My wife , God Bless Her, never quit and fought EVERY step of the way while having to deal with me and my issues. I wish I knew now what I didn't know then (yes, it's a popular song but expresses my feelings perfectly). We are best of friends. But it's not about that. The persistence of the mothers love for her daughter....

Never stop fighting and moving forward. My wife is "the expert" but feel free to drop me a line for anything at all.

I have skipped a lot of this story. But I have learned that any type of pity, bitterness, anger or regret will only impede your path. It's a a marathon not a sprint. Good Luck. 

Would like to hear more!

My son was diagnosed at age4. Also with ODD (Oppositional defiant disorder). He was a bloody handful!..

These days it's all about getting him to leave the house and hopefully start a tafe course as school just doesn't seem to be right for him .

6 hours ago, Matjaz1 said:

Well don't go into the desert! ;):)

I wish your son all best, just help him find a better way to talk to other people and it will be  better! It's weird when you try to help with such things and then people immediately start to think of the anxiety of the one who is writing. Anxiety is long behind me, it was mostly rather mild anyway.  Have a nice time!

Not sure what you mean about the desert....

Any suggestions for new ways of talking to others? How did you do it?

:)

18 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

Would like to hear more!

My son was diagnosed at age4. Also with ODD (Oppositional defiant disorder). He was a bloody handful!..

These days it's all about getting him to leave the house and hopefully start a tafe course as school just doesn't seem to be right for him .

Hi STZ

My son also had this and was a major struggle until he left school and did a Tafe course in Drafting and got a job soon after. He has had this Drafting Building designer job for 6 years now. This completely transformed him.

AT school we had more days off than he went. However sonce he hot got his job he has never had a day off apart from holidays.

He has come right out of his shell and deals with clients. He is also running his own Drafting business from home. He has built and sold 2 incestment houses and has become a bit of an entrepreneur.

We are very proud of him

P.S the Led Zep tribute show with the orchestra you are going to is awesome. I saw the same show in Brisbane recently.

3 hours ago, zeppatic said:

Hi STZ

My son also had this and was a major struggle until he left school and did a Tafe course in Drafting and got a job soon after. He has had this Drafting Building designer job for 6 years now. This completely transformed him.

AT school we had more days off than he went. However sonce he hot got his job he has never had a day off apart from holidays.

He has come right out of his shell and deals with clients. He is also running his own Drafting business from home. He has built and sold 2 incestment houses and has become a bit of an entrepreneur.

We are very proud of him

P.S the Led Zep tribute show with the orchestra you are going to is awesome. I saw the same show in Brisbane recently.

OMG that is so good to hear! You must be over the moon and so proud. What a turn around! 

My boy was the same - home more than School last year. (Year9) He's only 16 so we have to jump through a few hoops because you normally have to be 17 or finished year 10.... all paperwork submitted and now we wait.  The course is just Monday and Tuesday for 16 weeks.  Learning about audio stuff like mixing desk and some business side of the music industry. 

BUT he has to be ok'd by head of tafe and then I have to get him there!

He's gone crazy on Zeppelin and Floyd which is pretty cool! 

Thanks for all the responses, it's nice we care about this topic. Helping each other is important. You can go to the desert too, if you want heh, just don't go to the universe, not too far anyway. You are from Australia anyway. I will try to help more in this topic latter, you all have a good time, stay good looking, it's probably especially good for the daughters heh, have a nice time!

I`m sort of a weird guy. keep others out of my everyday due to needed meds to aid me through my on going metal health issues, there`s a lot more going down but I`ve found most peeps just don't care or understand metal health isn't a sign of weakness its an illness which when under control with meds, health team and MIND! so all the best for you putting yourself out there hoping you`ll get the better response than I`d had my friend...  

Well maybe geekfreak should reword it first, or put some punctuations in his sentences. He just wished me best yeah, but maybe he should have made me understand better, so I just wrote a bit of a joke and now I thank him.

Archived