Youtube takedown of educational video

RichardM

Dear Led Zeppelin fans,

First of all, I wanna say I don't want to pretend like I'm a "huge fan" or anything. I like Led Zeppelin, but I'm no expert on them. Just to make sure I don't come off as some "pretending to fit in".

I come here because one of my favourite youtube videos, an upload from 2006, has recently had its audio taken down by Led Zeppelin (or whoever holds the rights on the song?). It's a video of  a speech by science journalist, author, and educator Simon Singh. In the speech, Simon talks about the Big Bang theory and cognitive biases of researchers. In order to illustrate cognitive biases he plays a few seconds from Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven", then plays the same section in reverse and ask people whether they understood anything. He then plays the reverse audio again, but this time projects text on the wall containing satanic messages. Suddenly everybody can "hear" the satanic messages in the reverse audio.

It beautifully demonstrates how suggestive our minds are, how we try to find patterns where they aren't, and also illustrates how careful we have to be when we try to interpret something into nothing. It's a beautifully educational video and really eye-opening. University professors have even used to clip to teach their students about confirmation bias.

But no more, because the audio of the video has been muted due to a copyright claim over roughly 10 seconds of audio. It's so sad.

Anyways, seeing how you are the Led Zeppelin fans and experts I humbly want to ask you, whether you know how to get their attention to this? Do they have a fan-mail address I could write to? 

Thank you in advance. I hope I have not offended anyone.

Richard

PS Here is the video with the audio muted: 

More stuff needs taking off YouTube tbh. Full of allsorts. And i can honestly say i have not been looking for anything dodgy. I do not like my kids being on it. As for the copyright lark. I agree with it being took off. Music is someones property. We all know that.

Archived