John Paul Jones - Tres Coyotes

sam_webmaster

5 hours ago, marlam said:

Here's couple of pics I took with my phone yesterday.  JPJ's equipment:

20170405_211153.jpg20170405_211212.jpg

I got an autograph from John and shook hands with him:

20170405_212716.jpg

20170405_212723.jpg20170405_212730.jpgnimetön.jpg

Marlam, I'm so envious that you were able to meet and speak with JPJ!  That's awesome! Hope you enjoyed the show! ✌?

17 hours ago, Walter said:

Marlam, I'm so envious that you were able to meet and speak with JPJ!  That's awesome! Hope you enjoyed the show! ✌?

Unfortunately there wasn't much time to speak with him. Just got autograph, thanked him and shook hands. But still, like you said, awesome experience!

12 hours ago, IpMan said:

How was the show? What did they play? Any video or audio???

They used bass, mandolin, cello and piano (JPJ played bass, mandolin and piano). The whole concert was improvisation, really difficult to describe. Some parts felt like classical music, some remotely reminded me of Jimmy Pages bow solos, probably because of the high cello sounds. And then there were the parts with mandolin... let's just say that the concert was different :D

^^What a cool guy he is to let you take pictures of him and sign your ticket! He was that nice with me when I met him when he was touring with Diamanda Galas. Thannks marlam for sharing the photos!

Hello.

Hopefully I’ve got something to tell you.

I was in the Savoy theatre and I met JPJ, got an autograph (on HOTH Vinyl UK 1. press, if anybody is interested)

There really wasn’t too much time to speak (small place, no chance to get audio or video). Few small pieces I’ve got, so here you are:

JPJ told me that he has just finished his opera. I asked him did they really have Zep rehearsals after O2 Arena gig,” It wasn’t Zep rehearsals, it was rehearsals with Jimmy”, said JPJ. When I asked him did they write new songs, he said yes. When I asked how many, he didn’t answer at all. He told me that he is never going to use those songs.

I also met Magnus Lindberg and asked him has Tres Coyotes any ideas to write new music together. Magnus told me that they have talked about it, but right now they have schedule problems. I asked could new music also be improvisations,” not necessarily, improvisation needs a stage and an audience”, said Lindberg.

So maybe we have something to wait for…

After all awesome evening. It was a great honor to see and meet John Paul Jones!

The show was impressive, allthought at times it sounded a bit too ''artsy'' and ''messy'' for me, and suspect for a lot of people around me too. But i enjoyed it alot.

It was amazing to see JPJ master the Piano, the Mandolin and the Bass.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

07lescoyotes.jpg

Google Translate ---

The presence of John Paul Jones was the "surprise" call of the Turin festival, both for the prestigious past in the elite of rock - bassist in Led Zeppelin, producer and arranger for people of the caliber of Brian Eno, REM, Paul Mc Cartney and in more recent times in the supergroup Them Crooked Vultures - both for the ability to move on very different musical territories. There is even a work - The Ghost Sonata - among his most recent works. But in the Piedmontese capital the British musician arrived not alone but in company, as a member of Tres Coyotes. Only one appearance before that offered at the Verdi Conservatory of the trio that sees him share the stage together with the composer Magnus Lindberg and the musician Anssi Karttunen.

BASS VIOLONCELLO and piano in a performance - open with a song on visual (Groundflame by Muriel von Braun) - divided into two short times - which saw the artists devote themselves to a repertoire dedicated mostly to improvisation, welcomed by an audience composed of onlookers jazzophiles but above all fans of the former Zeppelin, who perhaps expected a program with some ancient reminiscence of the rock past. Before the concert, in the morning the trio underwent a presentation meeting where Jones explained the meaning of the project: «The most interesting music - he underlined - is the one that knows how to open up and incorporate other elements, a lesson that I have already learned from the time of the Zeppelins "- and added:" a musician is influenced by whatever he hears, even from the music he hears ".

The TRE have been attending since 2016, convict a masterclass in Santa Fè: «The meeting between musicians so different from each other is not at all strange - says Lindberg-. The peculiarity of our repertoire lies precisely in the fact that nothing we do together would exist without what we did during our past experiences ». The Tres Coyotes - animals rebels against every convention, a name that is as appropriate as ever for the common feeling of the group, prefers the improvisation to the overall approach: "Let's play and let the music flow," explains Lindberg. The last line is up to Jones: did you imagine Zeppelins to have given birth to a rock revolution? The answer is ironic and decidedly British: "of course ...".

https://ilmanifesto.it/john-paul-jones-con-i-tres-coyotes-lasciamo-fluire-e-gioire-la-musica/

VIDEOS: