Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sam_webmaster

John Paul Jones - Tres Coyotes

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, marlam said:

Here's couple of pics I took with my phone yesterday. 

20170405_212723.jpgnimetön.jpg

John Paul Jones

:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, marlam said:

Here's couple of pics I took with my phone yesterday.  JPJ's equipment:

20170405_211153.jpg20170405_211212.jpg

I got an autograph from John and shook hands with him:

20170405_212716.jpg

20170405_212723.jpg20170405_212730.jpgnimetön.jpg

Marlam, I'm so envious that you were able to meet and speak with JPJ!  That's awesome! Hope you enjoyed the show! ✌🏻

17 hours ago, Walter said:

Marlam, I'm so envious that you were able to meet and speak with JPJ!  That's awesome! Hope you enjoyed the show! ✌🏻

Unfortunately there wasn't much time to speak with him. Just got autograph, thanked him and shook hands. But still, like you said, awesome experience!

Great stuff. I would love to have done that.

How was the show? What did they play? Any video or audio???

12 hours ago, IpMan said:

How was the show? What did they play? Any video or audio???

They used bass, mandolin, cello and piano (JPJ played bass, mandolin and piano). The whole concert was improvisation, really difficult to describe. Some parts felt like classical music, some remotely reminded me of Jimmy Pages bow solos, probably because of the high cello sounds. And then there were the parts with mandolin... let's just say that the concert was different :D

^^What a cool guy he is to let you take pictures of him and sign your ticket! He was that nice with me when I met him when he was touring with Diamanda Galas. Thannks marlam for sharing the photos!

Hello.

Hopefully I’ve got something to tell you.

I was in the Savoy theatre and I met JPJ, got an autograph (on HOTH Vinyl UK 1. press, if anybody is interested)

There really wasn’t too much time to speak (small place, no chance to get audio or video). Few small pieces I’ve got, so here you are:

JPJ told me that he has just finished his opera. I asked him did they really have Zep rehearsals after O2 Arena gig,” It wasn’t Zep rehearsals, it was rehearsals with Jimmy”, said JPJ. When I asked him did they write new songs, he said yes. When I asked how many, he didn’t answer at all. He told me that he is never going to use those songs.

I also met Magnus Lindberg and asked him has Tres Coyotes any ideas to write new music together. Magnus told me that they have talked about it, but right now they have schedule problems. I asked could new music also be improvisations,” not necessarily, improvisation needs a stage and an audience”, said Lindberg.

So maybe we have something to wait for…

After all awesome evening. It was a great honor to see and meet John Paul Jones!

On 06.04.2017 at 1:02 PM, sam_webmaster said:

After that I tried to catch them and listen to all kinds of Australian Aboriginal music Led Zeppelin.

Google translation always delivers. This one made my day.

The show was impressive, allthought at times it sounded a bit too ''artsy'' and ''messy'' for me, and suspect for a lot of people around me too. But i enjoyed it alot.

It was amazing to see JPJ master the Piano, the Mandolin and the Bass.

On 4/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, rebeldhipi said:

too ''artsy'' and ''messy'' for me

thanks for the review, I have not heard any audio

to me he leans this way naturally kinda freaks me out a little i.e ZOOMA and THUNDER THIEF