Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xolo1974

Page and Plant Manchester England November 1998

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. I attended this gig and left very disappointed because of the acoustics at the venue. Totally ruined it. 

There's a bootleg around, an audience recording. The sound quality aint that good, particularly in comparison to the sound of the awesome Paris and New Orleans gigs. My question is; does anybody know if there has been a soundboard release for the Manchester show? 

And while we're at it, is there a Pre FM mix of the New Orleans show that doesn't have that nobhead DJ talking over the music? When I listen  to it I feel like strangling the bastard.

Cheers in advance for your help. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no soundboard recording of Manchester 1998 in circulation. It so happens I attended that show and filmed it in it's entirety from the right side of the arena, about half-way back.

There is no pre-FM mix of the New Orleans show, however if I recall correctly it is possible to overdub the audience recording over the bit the DJ speaks over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

There is no soundboard recording of Manchester 1998 in circulation. It so happens I attended that show and filmed it in it's entirety from the right side of the arena, about half-way back.

There is no pre-FM mix of the New Orleans show, however if I recall correctly it is possible to overdub the audience recording over the bit the DJ speaks over. 

What were your thoughts on the gig Steve? And are you winding me up about videoing it, or even attending? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really disappointed there's no soundboard. Gutted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too. But i am more disappointed i did not get along to that. If only the chance would come again. Ignore that bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

What were your thoughts on the gig Steve? And are you winding me up about videoing it, or even attending? 

I thought it was a very solid gig. The sound could have been better but I felt the same way at other venues on that tour. I'm not winding you up about attending or filming the complete show, as I did both at several UK gigs in 1995 & 1998.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I thought it was a very solid gig. The sound could have been better but I felt the same way at other venues on that tour. I'm not winding you up about attending or filming the complete show, as I did both at several UK gigs in 1995 & 1998.

I think I was higher up in the audience than you were, towards the top. But on the same side. Hard to believe that it was nearly 20 years ago. I was a 24 year old kid for gods sake. Seems like only yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I thought it was a very solid gig. The sound could have been better but I felt the same way at other venues on that tour. I'm not winding you up about attending or filming the complete show, as I did both at several UK gigs in 1995 & 1998.

Oh, and if you find it in your heart to somehow let me see that video footage I'd be forever grateful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Oh, and if you find it in your heart to somehow let me see that video footage I'd be forever grateful

I'm not a hoarder, just a busy guy! I have a couple of audiophile friends asking to make digital clones of all my master tapes and post them online. If I do return briefly to US this summer I probably will retrieve those tapes from storage and commission them to take a stab at it.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm not a hoarder, just a busy guy! I have a couple of audiophile friends asking to make digital clones of all my master tapes and post them online. If I do return briefly to US this summer I probably will retrieve those tapes from storage and commission them to take a stab at it.    

Ok mate thanks. Have a good weekend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0