The Beatles thread

yes the solos are different the one on the Let It Be album was recorded a year later I think

I forgot about bootlegs of Let It Be :lol:..... can't you tell I'm not a collector? The ones I knew of were the single version, the one on Let It Be, I heard Led It Be...Naked had a different version, and the one on the Anthology

they did a lot of songs during that time..... I remember reading they played Love Me Do.... I dunno if it's on a recording or not though

Here's a listing of 'some' of the recordings made from Jan. 2, 1969 to Jan. 31, 1969 that encompasses the Let it Be sessions...there are over 40 separate 'albums' and most are 2 cd sets !!

It's incredibly extensive....go look !! All on the page linked....

http://www.withthebeatlegs.com/anteriores_beat_eng.html

For instance...here's just the first day...there are over 40 more like this ! :lol:

abroad0102.jpg

A/B Road 01/02/69 (2 CDs)

CD 1:

1. dialogue and slates

2. dialogue and slates

3. dialogue and slates

4. dialogue and slates

5. dialogue and slates

6. Don't Let Me Down

7. tuning

8. tuning

9. tuning

10. All Things Must Pass

11. tuning

12. Don't Let Me Down

13. Dig A Pony

14. Everybody Got Song

15. Don't Let Me Down

16. Let It Down

17. Let It Down

18. Improvisation

19. Brown-Eyed Handsome Man

20. I've Got A Feeling

21. A Case Of The Blues

22. Improvisation

23. Improvisation

24. On The Road To Marrakesh

25. Revolution

26. I Shall Be Released

27. Sun King

28. Sun King-Don't Let Me Down

29. Don't Let Me Down

30. The Teacher Was A-Lookin

31. Don't Let Me Down

32. Don't Let Me Down

33. Sun King

34. Mailman, Bring Me No More Blues

35. I've Got A Feeling

36. unknown-unnumbered

37. I've Got A Feeling

38. I've Got A Feeling

39. I've Got A Feeling

40. I've Got A Feeling

41. I've Got A Feeling

42. unknown

43. Speak To Me

44. I've Got A Feeling

45. I've Got A Feeling

46. I've Got A Feeling

47. Mighty Quinn

48. I've Got A Feeling

49. I've Got A Feeling

50. I've Got A Feeling

51. dialogue

CD 2:

1. dialogue and slates

2. dialogue and slates

3. dialogue and slates

4. dialogue and slates

5. dialogue and slates

6. dialogue and slates

7. I've Got A Feeling

8. tuning

9. slate

10. I've Got A Feeling

11. I've Got A Feeling-not numbered

12. I've Got A Feeling

13. I've Got A Feeling

14. I've Got A Feeling

15. I've Got A Feeling

16. I've Got A Feeling

17. I've Got A Feeling

18. Sun King-Don't Let Me Down

19. Don't Let Me Down

20. Don't Let Me Down

21. Sun King-Don't Let Me Down

22. Don't Let Me Down

23. Don't Let Me Down

24. Improvisation

25. unknown

26. Don't Let Me Down

27. Don't Let Me Down

28. Well...All Right

29. Well...All Right

30. unknown

31. All Things Must Pass

32. Two Of Us

33. We're Goin' Home

34. Two Of Us

35. Two Of Us

36. Two Of Us

37. Two Of Us

38. Two Of Us

39. Two Of Us

40. Two Of Us

41. It's Good To See The Folks Back Home

42. Two Of Us

Here's a listing of 'some' of the recordings made from Jan. 2, 1969 to Jan. 31, 1969 that encompasses the Let it Be sessions...there are over 40 separate 'albums' and most are 2 cd sets !!

It's incredibly extensive....go look !! All on the page linked....

http://www.withthebeatlegs.com/anteriores_beat_eng.html

For instance...here's just the first day...there are over 40 more like this ! :lol:

abroad0102.jpg

A/B Road 01/02/69 (2 CDs)

CD 1:

1. dialogue and slates

2. dialogue and slates

3. dialogue and slates

4. dialogue and slates

5. dialogue and slates

6. Don't Let Me Down

7. tuning

8. tuning

9. tuning

10. All Things Must Pass

11. tuning

12. Don't Let Me Down

13. Dig A Pony

14. Everybody Got Song

15. Don't Let Me Down

16. Let It Down

17. Let It Down

18. Improvisation

19. Brown-Eyed Handsome Man

20. I've Got A Feeling

21. A Case Of The Blues

22. Improvisation

23. Improvisation

24. On The Road To Marrakesh

25. Revolution

26. I Shall Be Released

27. Sun King

28. Sun King-Don't Let Me Down

29. Don't Let Me Down

30. The Teacher Was A-Lookin

31. Don't Let Me Down

32. Don't Let Me Down

33. Sun King

34. Mailman, Bring Me No More Blues

35. I've Got A Feeling

36. unknown-unnumbered

37. I've Got A Feeling

38. I've Got A Feeling

39. I've Got A Feeling

40. I've Got A Feeling

41. I've Got A Feeling

42. unknown

43. Speak To Me

44. I've Got A Feeling

45. I've Got A Feeling

46. I've Got A Feeling

47. Mighty Quinn

48. I've Got A Feeling

49. I've Got A Feeling

50. I've Got A Feeling

51. dialogue

CD 2:

1. dialogue and slates

2. dialogue and slates

3. dialogue and slates

4. dialogue and slates

5. dialogue and slates

6. dialogue and slates

7. I've Got A Feeling

8. tuning

9. slate

10. I've Got A Feeling

11. I've Got A Feeling-not numbered

12. I've Got A Feeling

13. I've Got A Feeling

14. I've Got A Feeling

15. I've Got A Feeling

16. I've Got A Feeling

17. I've Got A Feeling

18. Sun King-Don't Let Me Down

19. Don't Let Me Down

20. Don't Let Me Down

21. Sun King-Don't Let Me Down

22. Don't Let Me Down

23. Don't Let Me Down

24. Improvisation

25. unknown

26. Don't Let Me Down

27. Don't Let Me Down

28. Well...All Right

29. Well...All Right

30. unknown

31. All Things Must Pass

32. Two Of Us

33. We're Goin' Home

34. Two Of Us

35. Two Of Us

36. Two Of Us

37. Two Of Us

38. Two Of Us

39. Two Of Us

40. Two Of Us

41. It's Good To See The Folks Back Home

42. Two Of Us

Thanks! I'll have to check it out looks awesome

Other good works by Harrison were Living In the Material World and dont forget his work on The Concert for Bangladesh. I dont remember the name of the island offhand but Ringo is there alot. (somewhere in the Tropics).

A couple of months ago when Ringo was on Larry King Live with Paul (and Yoko and Olivia Harrison) I believe he said he lived in Monte Carlo. I think that re-airs on Mon. at 9. Oh, and in my book the Beatles are the greatest, with Zep of course. I could never pick between the two. Growing up, I thought the only people who ever made music were the Beatles or the Stones. Thanks to my father. I love the story of George Harrison, my fav, at Bonzo's b-day party. If I could get a pic of George and Robert together, I would make that my wallpaper for life. On the actual walls, not on the silly computer! :wub:

So Jahfin. You don't consider Yoko to even be partly considered a force of the Beatles breakup ? Just a little ?

No woman was allowed in the recording/mixing sessions throughout their career. Yoko was literally right next to John during much of it after they got together...this infuriated the others....here's just a couple of Lennon shots...and who do we see ? Hmmmm...do the other's look happy ? Can't really see the expressions well, but you sure as hell could in the movie !!!

getbackcamb13d1.jpg

389_ant.jpg

Ok..so don't blame her...but a little guilt by association maybe. Whether John was already becoming disenchanted or if it'd been some other girl in his life...whatever...but it was YOKO....her presence in the studio caused lots of tension among the others...right or wrong..it happened...

So Jahfin. You don't consider Yoko to even be partly considered a force of the Beatles breakup ? Just a little ?

No woman was allowed in the recording/mixing sessions throughout their career. Yoko was literally right next to John during much of it after they got together...this infuriated the others....here's just a couple of Lennon shots...and who do we see ? Hmmmm...do the other's look happy ? Can't really see the expressions well, but you sure as hell could in the movie !!!

getbackcamb13d1.jpg

389_ant.jpg

Ok..so don't blame her...but a little guilt by association maybe. Whether John was already becoming disenchanted or if it'd been some other girl in his life...whatever...but it was YOKO....her presence in the studio caused lots of tension among the others...right or wrong..it happened...

exactly....... she even gave her own opinion on the other's songs!!!! I don't know about you but that would tick me off..... "who's this woman telling me, a Beatle, what to do on my bloody song?"

Edited by achilleslaststand77

Highly recommended:

51GAP7Sv2QL._AA280_.jpg

Definitely. An amazing album imho. George's considerable talents finally get full expression here.

I've always loved The Beatles (first two albums I ever owned, aged three, were the second album and Sgt. Pepper's), but I wouldn't ever compare them to Zeppelin--they really are very different kinds of bands.

I've had two stages of my musical life... The part where The Beatles were everything to me, and the part where Led Zeppelin were everything to me....

Now it's a wonderful partnership...

The Beatles really are without equal.. They were channeling something special.. Something that can't and shouldn't be explained..

Abbey Road soothes my soul.. and The White Album is just genius without boundaries... B)

He'd said that he considered the Beatles broken up after Epstein died, even though Paul tried to lead them through the Magical Mystery Tour crapfest (movie, not album). Ringo quit in '68 and George in early '69, but they came back. He wasn't motivated to leave outright until Rock and Roll Circus/Dirty Mac and definitely by Cold Turkey. Even when he finally decided to, he didnt because the Beatles were re-negotiating their contract royalties in late '69. Paul beat him to it (breaking the group up) to promote his solo album.

Based on his interviews, he seemed willing to keep the group 'together' as a facade even with the management dispute (which was divided as Paul vs the rest of the band). It seemed like everyone was ready to leave but Paul was the one who finally did something about it.

People like to point to the Let It Be sessions/Yoko/control room scenes, but the whole of the sessions were shit for all involved. The Twickenham Sessions which happened directly before the Abbey Road footage pretty much broke up the band. 30 days of having everything you do in a weirdly lit shed filmed for a 'making of' documentary (Pauls idea) can do that.

So there...all Pauls fault. :thumbsup:

Yeah yeah yeah.....she loves you, John....

but I still contend Yoko's presence in the sessions only added fuel to the fire that was flaming !! But hey....their time had come, we can't go back...we can't speculate. Their output was unbelievable and I'm totally satisfied with it. Some of the subsequent solo stuff was in the ballpark too.

The torch was passed on....

6ltpndc.jpg

As for the breakup of the Beatles, there were lots of mitigating factors, not just Yoko:

http://beatlesnumber9.com/breakup.html

Yes I pointed that out a couple pages ago... Yoko wasn't the only one. But she's a big reason and probably bigger than the rest of them. She singlehandedly managed to turn four friends into enemies unless there was a guest there (i.e. Eric Clapton or Billy Preston... both brought by George Harrison to alleviate that hostility). Her influence on Lennon was incredible.

Nice info to know. I will never understand why Lennon chose Yoko. Will any of us? As I said, my favorite Beatle once they split was Harrison by far. He was a great talent and I can see now how McCartney has always been a bit conceited to put it mildly. Dont get me wrong, the man is a legend and I love his music, but I think George was more down to earth. As for Ringo-he is still a playboy as far as I know. Isnt he on some remonte carribean island somewhere?

Mccartney's ego is out of hand. i can't stand the guy. Harrison was the most likeable out of the bunch.

Lifelong Beatles fan, I've heard it said that you're either a Stones fan, or a Beatles fan.....no wonder I only own one Stones record. :whistling:

I also have zero problem with, and see the genius that is Sgt. Pepper. That album gets raked over the coals alot, and I'll never understand why.  I would have loved to be in a competing band in 1967 when the Beatles dropped that one. B)

Pepper doesn't hold up very well. And the lyrics are beyond stupid.

Because he loved Yoko and she loved him. That's all I need to know. I also don't blame her for breaking up the Beatles.

nyr10310171611widec.jpg

Ringo is still very happily married to Barbara Bach. I have no idea where they live or if he's a "playboy".

I'll never get what John saw in Yoko either. She is one of the ugliest women ever and on top of that from all accounts she is not a nice person.

She wasn't the sole reason for the breakup but she put the nail in the coffin. John chose her over his lifelong friends.

Mccartney's ego is out of hand. i can't stand the guy.

How so and why? Paul seems like a really cool cat to me. I can imagine just kicking back and hanging out with him. Now that he got rid of that horse named Heather, he'd probably even light up a nice herbal jazz cigarette. :D

The beatles were a great band but the adoration they receive goes over the top. They weren't perfect. Not all their songs were great. They weren't great singers. They were average live performers. Because they quit when they did the public never got go see them go into steep decline like the Stones did. You stick around long enough you will eventually suck. They as a group avoided that. They quit while on top which was a smart move even though they didn't plan it that way.

The beatles were a great band but the adoration they receive goes over the top. They weren't perfect. Not all their songs were great. They weren't great singers. They were average live performers. Because they quit when they did the public never got go see them go into steep decline like the Stones did. You stick around long enough you will eventually suck. They as a group avoided that. They quit while on top which was a smart move even though they didn't plan it that way.

I think they deserve every bit of the adoration they receive. They truly deserve it. I agree they weren't perfect, with the live act being the biggest fault. That said, if Led Zeppelin couldn't hear themselves play night after night because of girls screaming, they probably would have started to suck live too. I've read they were really good in Hamburg and at the Cavern Club, before their fame. I also agree they left while on top. Merry Christmas.

Edited by jdlaw