The Beatles thread

How so and why? Paul seems like a really cool cat to me. I can imagine just kicking back and hanging out with him. Now that he got rid of that horse named Heather, he'd probably even light up a nice herbal jazz cigarette. :D

Because he will be the first to tell you how talented he is. He isn't humble at all. They re aired the Larry King special and that was what he was saying. He just has this air about him that says "i am special". H e just has the snobbish quality about him. Ask any of The Beatles and as much as they like him they would mention his ego. I guess if you have your ass kissed as much as he has that will happen. And he is concerned with how he will be remembered and what his contribution was. he switched the song writing credits around a couple years ago. I also get the impression he is jealous over the adoration John has received since he died. Giving him more credit and less so for Paul. He has pretty much come out and said this. he is too concerned with what people think of him which is a sure sign of ego.

How so and why? Paul seems like a really cool cat to me. I can imagine just kicking back and hanging out with him. Now that he got rid of that horse named Heather, he'd probably even light up a nice herbal jazz cigarette. :D

Paul would never kick back and hang out with a fan. A friend of mine approached when he was in town a few years ago and Paul refused to do a picture with him.

Paul would never kick back and hang out with a fan. A friend of mine approached when he was in town a few years ago and Paul refused to do a picture with him.

Well, that's disappointing to hear. He probably has so many people approach him that it just gets old after a while. Honestly, I don't know if I would want to meet him (or any other person I hold in such high regard) for the simple reason they might be a ass hole in person.

Because he will be the first to tell you how talented he is. He isn't humble at all. They re aired the Larry King special and that was what he was saying. He just has this air about him that says "i am special". H e just has the snobbish quality about him. Ask any of The Beatles and as much as they like him they would mention his ego. I guess if you have your ass kissed as much as he has that will happen. And he is concerned with how he will be remembered and what his contribution was. he switched the song writing credits around a couple years ago. I also get the impression he is jealous over the adoration John has received since he died. Giving him more credit and less so for Paul. He has pretty much come out and said this. he is too concerned with what people think of him which is a sure sign of ego.

I hear what you're saying, but what is Paul supposed to do...lie? He and especially the Beatles are special, to the point were it's just admitting the obvious. Besides, Larry asked the question, and Paul answered truthfully. It's the no talent hacks with the big ego's that piss me off.

I personally consider the Beatles to have been the perfect band for the 60's & Led Zeppelin to be the perfect band for the 70's.

They both lead the way for their respective era's & always challenged the status quo.

Both bands had their moments where they were original & inspiring & both had their moments where they created music that we have all heard somewhere before.

May they always be revered as innovators & may their music never die no matter what the next generation considers hip & happening.

I'll never get what John saw in Yoko either. She is one of the ugliest women ever and on top of that from all accounts she is not a nice person.

Beauty is only skin deep and judging from many of your threads you have a lot to learn in that department. As for being a "nice person", Lennon wasn't exactly known for being a walk in the park himself.

She wasn't the sole reason for the breakup but she put the nail in the coffin. John chose her over his lifelong friends.

As do many folks when it comes to their significant others, this situation was no different.

• 3 weeks later...

14495162.JPG

For those that are interested.... this 992 page tome is now available at Barnes & Noble for an after-Holiday Sale of just $7.98.

I particularly enjoyed reading about The Beatles first meeting with Bob Dylan in 1964 in NYC. You know, where Dylan got the Boys to go "Herbal", instead of Pharamacuetical..

Check it out!

Edited by The Rover

Zep fans hate the beatles for being better.

Its the inferiority complex that keeps on giving. :thumbsup:

That's not true.

1st ---- They're no better

2nd ---- LedZep is...

3rd ---- I'm a Zep fan and i like the beatles

:D

I grew up with The Beatles, like most old farts. :lol:

Still love the band. Just got the Capitol box sets (the American releases minus "The Beatles Again/Hey Jude" and "Yesterday And Today". Sound quality is phenomenal.

My top 5 Beatles albums are as follows:

the "White Album"

Let It Be- Naked (a vast improvement over the original-get it!!!)

Revolver (UK version)

Abbey Road

Rubber Soul

Not another white album fan? And from a Stones fan. Oh well, to each his own. I dont know why I never was a big fan of this album. But I love While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I think when it comes to the Beatles you are better off just buying the greatest hits collections. I had Beatles 64 in great condition. Have to go to my mothers and go through the closet as it may be worth some money. It has I feel fine, babies in black. One of my favorites acutally. I like Abby rd too. Have to be in the mood to hear the Beatles. I get in a Beatles mood every now and then and then I just have to put them down. Maybe because I beat their records to death over the years. But I did the same with Zepp and the Stones and never get sick of them. Must add the Who to that list also. I love the Who also.

:lol:

Well, the one thing about the 'White Album" is that you do have to wade through some crap at times. What I've done is edit out the crap, so the listening experience is quite a good one.

The three bands I never tire of: Zep, Stones (pre-1978) and The Beatles. And I've played those to frickin' death.

I love the Beatles. And in my opinion they are not better than Zeppelin-no way. After the Beatles split I liked Harrison's material the best. Didnt care much for Lennon's solo stuff with a few exceptions. And McCartney was just too top 40 for me. I loved what Harrison did. Not to forget Ringo, he had a couple of hits, but Id rate him last. I must also say that I never liked the white album.

You ever see this vid of While my guitar gently weeps

guy plays it on a ukelele= Great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9mEKMz2Pvo

You ever see this vid of While my guitar gently weeps

guy plays it on a ukelele= Great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9mEKMz2Pvo

That "guy" is none other than Jake Shimabukuro, a very talented artist who can often be found touring in Jimmy Buffett's Coral Reefer Band (as well as opening some of his shows). He also contributes a spellbounding version of Stars & Stripes Forever to the very excellent Song of America compilation that was released last year which also includes the Black Crowes, Marah, Old Crow Medicine Show, the Del McCoury Band, Bettye Lavette and tons of others.

More info here:

http://www.jakeshimabukuro.com

http://www.myspace.com/songofamerica

That "guy" is none other than Jake Shimabukuro, a very talented artist who can often be found touring in Jimmy Buffett's Coral Reefer Band (as well as opening some of his shows). He also contributes a spellbounding version of Stars & Stripes Forever to the very excellent Song of America compilation that was released last year which also includes the Black Crowes, Marah, Old Crow Medicine Show, the Del McCoury Band, Bettye Lavette and tons of others.

More info here:

http://www.jakeshimabukuro.com

http://www.myspace.com/songofamerica

Yes Jake is very talented, didn't know he was huge celeb. didn't mean to sound so impersonal with the "guy" thing. Maybe I'll have chance to catch his performance, Jimmy has a club in the Quarters :thumbsup: .

They were unbelievable songwriters - three of them. Sgt. Pepper's is their strongest album I think, because there are noticeably weaker songs on some of the other albums that come to mind. ('Honey Pie' is dreadful, as is 'Bungalow Bill', etc.) Rubber Soul comes close though. Sgt. Pepper's is just such a unified artistic achievement - despite all the diversity - and the songs are generally very strong.

I loved especially their earlier albums when I was a little kid (ca. 1973-74), and I guess because of that I wouldn't listen seriously to them for quite a while after that, but I started listening to them again in the 80s. It was a totally different experience then. One of the things I discovered then was Harrison's songs, and still today his 'Something' (Abbey Road) and 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' (White Album) are among my all-time favorite songs.

And I mustn't forget 'Birthday' - what a great rock song that is.

I love the Beatles. 4 very tallented people coming together to make magic...much like Led Zeppelin.

They never made a bad album.

I read and watch as much documentaries on the Beatles too.

They rank among the top of my favorite bands of all time. Here is my top 3 in no particular order.

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

14495162.JPG

For those that are interested.... this 992 page tome is now available at Barnes & Noble for an after-Holiday Sale of just $7.98.

I particularly enjoyed reading about The Beatles first meeting with Bob Dylan in 1964 in NYC. You know, where Dylan got the Boys to go "Herbal", instead of Pharamacuetical..

Check it out!