Hampton 1971

Xolo1974

Morning fellow family Zepheads.

Wondering if anyone has procured 'Sonic Boom' which apparently is an expanded version of the above show (I'm assuming that means that more of the sbd source is included). 

http://www.argenteumastrum.com/recent_updates.htm

if anyone can pm me and share, I'd be eternally grateful. '70 and '71 are my favourite years.

Cheers

Neil 

16 minutes ago, Sue Dounim said:

No one's gotten it just yet. Prepare to possibly be disappointed, as no other songs from the show are on this "new" source than what we already have. They claim its an upgrade in sound but it seems doubtful at this point.

Ah bollocks. Was hoping there would be more songs. Anyway, thanks for the info Sue 

EMPRESS VALLY new Box released.
SONIC BOOM 4CD Box. $158.00
Hampton Sept 9th 1971.
Soundboard )The Contemporary Stereo Mix 2CD
Immigrant Song / Heartbreaker / Since I've Been Loving You / Black Dog / Dazed and Confused
Stairway To Heaven / Celebration Day / That's the Way / Going to California / What is and What Should Never Be / Moby Dick
Soundboard )The Contemporary Monaural Mix 2CD
Immigrant Song / Heartbreaker / Since I've Been Loving You / Black Dog / Dazed and Confused
Stairway To Heaven / Celebration Day / That's the Way / Going to California / What is and What Should Never Be / Moby Dick

9 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Argenteum Astrum is hardly the most trustworthy source in Zeppelin collector's circles...just sayin' :lol:

If you read the descriptions of releases on his website, it suggests or implies that he or she has heard them already. Do you know if this is true Nutrocker? 

15 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Argenteum Astrum is hardly the most trustworthy source in Zeppelin collector's circles...just sayin' :lol:

What makes you say this ? The info on his site is pretty exhaustive. Why does he have a bad rep in collector's circles? 

I think Argenteum Astrum is quite a reliable source and I am thankful it exists. Funny how the most of you are bothered wheter Sonic Boom is an expanded release or not. My problem is completely different nature: The only release I have of this show is "Hampton Kicks" by The House Of Elrond, and I can tell you, this is the worst CD of a soundboard I`ve heard in my life. I can`t stand it any longer, so I have ordered Sonic Boom already- for me it is a winwin situation, because it HAS to be an sound improvement compared to Hampton Kicks. My CD is still on it`s way from Japan, when I got it, I will share my impressions. I guess comparing the sound quality to Florida Sunshine won`t be the stupidest thing.

On 7.02.2017 at 2:24 PM, Nutrocker said:

Not the most but he got lots of contacts and even if his site isn't u-to-date, his knowledge and information are very reliable, much better than many other sites, where such info is just barely reported or existed as individual topics and threads.

On 8.02.2017 at 5:33 AM, porgie66 said:

What makes you say this ? The info on his site is pretty exhaustive. Why does he have a bad rep in collector's circles? 

Because he was suspected to hold on Baton Rouge 77 Freezer tape many moons ago but it turned out to be not true. Also, from what I was told, he got some argue with the admins of RO but I do not care really as his site is as good as some other online resources. There are much worse traders around who are hoarding lot of stuff and at least one of them is a supplier to one major boot label we all know :P.

Edited by zepster1979

Speakin' about new Hampton, I do not see anything really interesting except maybe for a monaural mix that might sound good as long as it has good balance. EV should release some more stunning content as since some time they tend to reissue their catalogue and only sometimes releasing something that's still worth the price.

On 2/8/2017 at 2:37 PM, porgie66 said:

Was Empress Valley Head Over Heels a good release? Or the same old dull dry soundboard? I have Flagge's Dead Battery and it's about the best I've ever heard for this show. 

"Head Over Heels" was a Godfatherecords release. It's pretty good...better than other releases of the Hampton soundboard I had prior...and it includes a sizzling segment of the 9.4.71 Toronto show ("Celebration Day" is off the hook!).

Whatever you do, AVOID AT ALL COSTS the Lighthouse release of Hampton '71. Utter shite! These hacks need to have their balls smashed with a sledgehammer.

On 2/7/2017 at 6:24 AM, Nutrocker said:

Wot up NR:):) 

Why does AA get a bad rap?? The info on the site seems to be pretty informative. Even though its not my got to, it looks legit. . .thoughts??

3 hours ago, Strider said:

"Head Over Heels" was a Godfatherecords release. It's pretty good...better than other releases of the Hampton soundboard I had prior...and it includes a sizzling segment of the 9.4.71 Toronto show ("Celebration Day" is off the hook!).

Whatever you do, AVOID AT ALL COSTS the Lighthouse release of Hampton '71. Utter shite! These hacks need to have their balls smashed with a sledgehammer.

Hey Strider....I was asking about Empress Valleys last release of Hampton which they also called Head Over Heels.  The Godfather release got some flack for noise reduction but I never heard it. I have a good sounding low gen transfer . 

What was the original release for this SB from Hampton '71?

I remember Jim's Pick "Tarantura"  and Antrabata Reference Masters "Inspired" back in '96.

Antrabata being a label set forth in place to outdo the original Tarantura label.

With a few of their box sets they very well did possibly.

the first release of the Hampton 71 SB was entitled "One More Daze" (Dynamite Studio). This 1992 release featured only the first half of the SB reels: Immigrant/Heartbreaker, SIBLY, Black Dog, Celebration Day, That's the way. The other tracks on this disc were Moby Dick from the Long Beach 1972 multi track (cut before the outro), White Summer (Julie Felix TV broadcast 1970) and the rare encore from Detroit 73 "Dancing Days" (incomplete). The six Hampton tracks featured a weird stereo separation: Bass guitar and the bass pedals in the left channel, Vox, drums and guitar were in the right channel. There was a severe distortion in the bass, but the other channel also suffered from clipping (digital?). 

13 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

Wot up NR:):) 

Why does AA get a bad rap?? The info on the site seems to be pretty informative. Even though its not my got to, it looks legit. . .thoughts??

Some people hates him because they thought he just copied the info from other sites and did not credit anyone. It's funny since all these sites are freely available so anyone can quote it and paste wherever they want. At least his site got everything sorted out in one place so it's quite a good resource, that's all. And one more thing: it's a small world we're livin' in and LZ traders are amongst the worst on the Earth, don't ya? ;)

Edited by zepster1979

12 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Hey Strider....I was asking about Empress Valleys last release of Hampton which they also called Head Over Heels.  The Godfather release got some flack for noise reduction but I never heard it. I have a good sounding low gen transfer . 

I screwed up, porgie. The Godfatherecords Hampton is titled "High Heeled Sneakers". The Godatherecords was an improvement over my two previous Hampton cds.

As for Empress Valley's latest Hampton, I have not heard it so have no idea of the quality.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:52 AM, zepster1979 said:

Because he was suspected to hold on Baton Rouge 77 Freezer tape many moons ago but it turned out to be not true. Also, from what I was told, he got some argue with the admins of RO but I do not care really as his site is as good as some other online resources. There are much worse traders around who are hoarding lot of stuff and at least one of them is a supplier to one major boot label we all know :P.

Close- AA was the guy who told the bootleggers (the now defunct TCOLZ label) Freezer's Baton Rouge '77 recording might be coming out. If AA wasn't involved -especially given the way he endlessly shilled for them- with that label somehow then I'm the fuckin' Pope. The guy may keep a comprehensive website but he's trickier than a fuckin' robber's dog. Wouldn't trust the motherfucker any further than I could throw him, and I ain't the only one. They rode him outta town on a goddamn rail over at RO and I am proud to have been a part of that.

I really don't care if he is/was the source as it's very childish seeing all these people battling for such information and hoarding the stuff behind. As said, the LZ community is one of the worst ever as it comes for liberating any new live recording and I am not surprised that some of people are enough desperated to do anything to be close to any new material.

• 3 weeks later...