Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlanetPage

RIP Great Ritchie Yorke

10 posts in this topic

I miss his Graceful presence in CIty of Toronto This Morning, R.I.P. "The Great Ritchie Yorke"

Thank you PP for starting this thread.

The legendary Ritchie Yorke was a gentle soul who touched the lives of many and it was with great sadness to hear of his passing. He was a friend & mentor and his life's work had a tremendous effect on me. RIP Ritchie.

---

1976-04-Ritchie-Yorke_ottawa_journal.jpg

Thank you Sam, remain indebted to you for sharing Ritchie's iconic memories, His immortal legacy will live on forever....

A sad loss for all Led Zeppelin fans. :(

Ritchie Yorke was the FIRST Led Zeppelin biographer and champion! No Led Zeppelin fan's library was complete without Yorke's 1976 biography of Led Zeppelin with the distinctive Pez candy dispenser cover art. I am grateful that he remained alive long enough to complete an updating of his seminal Led Zeppelin book.

Bravo Ritchie Yorke. Rest in peace. ✌

Edited by Strider

Sad news. He was definitely one of the first to journalists to support the band, and his first book on the band was a must read (and the only one available for a long time). RIP

Ritchie Yorke is indeed Led Zeppelin's first biographer and among the very few journalists they trusted completely. 

So very sad to hear of his passing.

Rest in Peace, Ritchie.    

Sad. The first Zep Bio I ever read was his...,,with the PEZ front cover and him biting into a torpedo sandwich on the reverse. It was a great book. RIP. 

Gosh, sad news. Rest in Peace Ritchie Yorke.