Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cookie0024

Led Zeppelin 1970 panel and screening at the Royal Albert Hall

18 posts in this topic

The Royal Albert Hall has announced that it will screen parts of the original, unrestored release of Led Zeppelin's 1970 performance at the venue on May 27 http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2017/filming-the-game-changers-led-zeppelin-the-rolling-stones-julie-felix/

The event hints at previously unseen footage. It's my understanding that they're currently searching through Peter Whitehead's archive to see exactly what's there.

Oh man, I would LOVE to see this. Shame I don't live in the UK though! :unsure:

That will be brilliant. Hopefully it is shown on something. I will not be able to go.

"Thank You", "Since I've Been Loving You" or "Heartbreaker" footage would be GODHEAD!!!

If there was footage of the "unseen" bits then surely it would have been included on the original DVD? Anyway I won't be going as it means going down to London and I can't be bothered and it will be expensive.

Let's not read into this. There doesn't seem to exactly be anything implying footage we haven't seen before. People throw the word 'rare' around a lot these days

5 hours ago, blooze said:

Let's not read into this. There doesn't seem to exactly be anything implying footage we haven't seen before. People throw the word 'rare' around a lot these days

The event page literally says "Alongside Whitehead’s footage, some of which has never before been screened publicly." I'd say that certainly implies " footage we haven't seen before." It's not yet clear whether that's going to be Led Zeppelin footage, but the RAH is certainly having a look (I've chatted to them about this.)

12 hours ago, Cookie0024 said:

The event page literally says "Alongside Whitehead’s footage, some of which has never before been screened publicly." I'd say that certainly implies " footage we haven't seen before." It's not yet clear whether that's going to be Led Zeppelin footage, but the RAH is certainly having a look (I've chatted to them about this.)

I didn't see that on the page. Maybe I just missed it

22 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

If there was footage of the "unseen" bits then surely it would have been included on the original DVD? Anyway I won't be going as it means going down to London and I can't be bothered and it will be expensive.

Haha fuckin hell mate. You sound like one of the old Gits off Harry Enfield 😂So it's 'down' to London. Where are you from? I'm a scouser but I'm in Aussie now

On 2/11/2017 at 0:24 AM, Xolo1974 said:

Haha fuckin hell mate. You sound like one of the old Gits off Harry Enfield 😂So it's 'down' to London. Where are you from? I'm a scouser but I'm in Aussie now

Haha, if chillumpuffer's feet touch London soil he turns to stone. 😜

I have to go down to London for work quite often & can't stand the place, I don't fancy spending my own free time down there although I would love to see this.

Hopefully if there is unseen Zeppelin footage, it'll get some sort of public release following the event.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

I have to go down to London for work quite often & can't stand the place, I don't fancy spending my own free time down there although I would love to see this.

Hopefully if there is unseen Zeppelin footage, it'll get some sort of public release following the event.

I used to go down 3-4 times a year for weekends to see my mates. In that context it was terrific. I love it, especially Camden and portobello 

3 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

I used to go down 3-4 times a year for weekends to see my mates. In that context it was terrific. I love it, especially Camden and portobello 

Last time I went down for leisure was to see Liverpool lose an FA cup semi final against Villa a couple of years back, I actually had a great time other than the result.

It's rush hour, the tube & the general unfriendliness of the natives that puts me off the place.

12 minutes ago, Mook said:

Last time I went down for leisure was to see Liverpool lose an FA cup semi final against Villa a couple of years back, I actually had a great time other than the result.

It's rush hour, the tube & the general unfriendliness of the natives that puts me off the place.

I'm from anfield mate. I'm an avid red. That game was shite 

1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

I'm from anfield mate. I'm an avid red. That game was shite 

Shite is an understatement.

On 11/02/2017 at 8:24 AM, Xolo1974 said:

Manchester