Is Jimmy Page done making music?

It seems every year we hear news that Jimmy is going to release some music and get back on the road and tour. Nothing.

I am beginning to think he is done, playing and just concentrating on Zeppelin reissues.....enough already. I've been a Zeppelin fan since my teens and now I am 45, I missed the Zeppelin touring days, but would love to see a Jimmy Page concert.

You are like me nearly. You are just 5 years older. I want any kind of official release. Be it Zep reissues with a bit more on. Jimmy doing new stuff would just be amazing. Boots are available all the time. Most of us still have at least a few to catch up on. JPJ is involved in a few things over the next few Months i have noticed.

If Jimmy is done then he needs to get his wrinkled ass in gear and start releasing quality live recordings. One of the defining characteristics of the Zep fan base is the insatiable desire for quality live official releases. At least throw us that bone Jimmy. 

6 hours ago, Black_dog_boogie said:

It seems every year we hear news that Jimmy is going to release some music and get back on the road and tour. Nothing. I am beginning to think he is done, playing and just concentrating on Zeppelin reissues.....enough already. I've been a Zeppelin fan since my teens and now I am 45, I missed the Zeppelin touring days, but would love to see a Jimmy Page concert.

For me the Classic Rock Awards in Tokyo (last November) put the final nail in the coffin as far as Jimmy Page ever becoming a viable performing artist again. He has zero credibility left with regard to his solo ambitions.

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

For me the Classic Rock Awards in Tokyo (last November) put the final nail in the coffin as far as Jimmy Page ever becoming a viable performing artist again. He has zero credibility left with regard to his solo ambitions.

What about he awards show in Tokyo makes you think he's done?

4 hours ago, jasonlovesvids said:

What about he awards show in Tokyo makes you think he's done?

Wow, you missed a big one there. The thread is exhaustive.  Mainly he wouldn't even jam on a blues for salivating fans. He hasn't done any live performing for years. Strapping on a guitar and jamming on a couple tunes shouldn't have been an issue at all but he just won't play. Maybe he is so out of shape he's not comfortable even playing on a blues. Bizarre to think but...? 

Oh my fn god. Of course he is done. Put yourself in Jimmy's shoes... there are no more great songs to write as they have been done over and over...

He is of a mature age that physically would find it difficult and tedious. Hotels and traveling is not fun for anyone long term, especially when the novelty wore off in the 80's, 90's.

If you were Jimmy probably the last thing you would want to do is tour. You would love to record, one day...There is just that one last song to get out... It is a harsh reality to admit to yourself when it is over.

You are a selfish prick really for asking. He is in realty an old man. An old man, by societies definition.

Would you ask and expect your own grandfather to put up with the crap that is called touring? He would just shake his head and look at you like, are you for real?

It ended long term in 1980. ... 1980... we have had some stuff here and there since, but fucking come on. Just get over it and put on the records/CDs.

Every aging musician dreams about still being on the stage, but they know deep down it won't really happen. Dreaming keeps you alive but everyone knows realistically it is just a dream.

Jesus man, come one,

7 minutes ago, Dane1968 said:

Would you ask and expect your own grandfather to put up with the crap that is called touring? He would just shake his head and look at you like, are you for real?

If my grandfather was Jimmy Page I sure as hell would. I would say, "Listen gramps, I am sick of you noodling around the estate and chasing after that tart who is younger than I. Go write and record an album, then tour the shit out of it. Time for you to shake your moneymaker and bring home the bacon ya silly geezer. If you don't, I guess I will have the courts deem you, um, "mentally unfit" and have you put in the old retirement home where you can play cricket with the old hags and talk about mudsharks until you shuffle off your mortal coil."

Or something to that affect (sound of Jimmy's boot up my ass as his lawyer removes me from will)

I'm guessing / hoping the next musical release JP is involved with will be some kind of Yardbirds remaster.

Either a much better version of Little Games, or a cleaned up version of the Anderson Theatre 1968 bootleg. Just guessing, I have no inside track.

6 hours ago, 76229 said:

I'm guessing / hoping the next musical release JP is involved with will be some kind of Yardbirds remaster.

Either a much better version of Little Games, or a cleaned up version of the Anderson Theatre 1968 bootleg. Just guessing, I have no inside track.

It'll be the Anderson Theater show as well as tracks recorded around that time.

Yeah he's done.  I read where after P&P broke up, he was kind of pissed, and said he wanted a second album and "had about a dozen strong tunes for it".  Where did those go?  And then after O2, he said the same, said he had strong songs ready...

Uh-huh.  Ready for what is anyone's guess.  Of course he is done.

6 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

Yeah he's done.  I read where after P&P broke up, he was kind of pissed, and said he wanted a second album and "had about a dozen strong tunes for it".  Where did those go?  And then after O2, he said the same, said he had strong songs ready...

He and Michael Lee did hold rehearsal sessions for a second Page/Plant studio album in the Summer of 1999. Some conceptual ideas did evolve, but aside from Domino, which he performed at Net Aid in October 1999, those sessions did not yield many complete songs.

18 hours ago, Dane1968 said:

You are a selfish prick really for asking. He is in realty an old man. An old man, by societies definition.

you cant knock a man for asking. if Page had just been honest all along about having no plans instead of peddling his promises about wanting to release an album and/or "be seen to be playing" "next year" then people wouldn't still be wondering

most of know that he's been done and dusted for many years but Page himself is the one who fuels the speculation that something may happen. He's only got himself to blame

On 15/02/2017 at 3:57 AM, SteveAJones said:

I followed that closely, and you're right Steve. If he was serious about making new music he would have a manager. But he hasn't. 

if we give him the benefit of the doubt maybe up to the O2 gig  he possibly really did intend to do something - record something new, but I think its obvious that post then after the rehearsal with Jones and Jason Bonham led nowhere, he was done. any proclamations about getting a new band together, new recordings, or being "seen to be playing" have all been nonsense

On 22/02/2017 at 0:22 AM, jsj said:

if we give him the benefit of the doubt maybe up to the O2 gig  he possibly really did intend to do something - record something new, but I think its obvious that post then after the rehearsal with Jones and Jason Bonham led nowhere, he was done. any proclamations about getting a new band together, new recordings, or being "seen to be playing" have all been nonsense

I read a interview where someone asked, why he had not made a second solo album, when his ex-bandmates seem to still  be making and releasing new music.

Jimmy became rather snippy and defensive, so if you meet Jimmy, best not to ask when you expect "new music" to appear.!

Archived