New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

18 hours ago, mikezep61 said:

How Many More Times was not played at the January 20, 1975 show.  The first time it was played on the 1975 US Tour was the next night in Chicago (January 21, 1975).  They did not play any concerts where all three of those songs were performed.  When the Levee Breaks was dropped after the January 20th show and How Many More Times was added for the January 21st show.

Shit, that's right, isn't it? My old January 20 audience tape has HMMT from the 21st added...my bad.

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Didn't Jones debut the triple-neck acoustic guitar at the Birmingham show?  Not sure if that's the "machina" ...

The piano was first brought on stage at Houston 1975 for NQ. I don't think Zep brought a piano on stage during any tour before that show.

So which 1975 show would fit with the title and hype?  

• Rotterdam 1/11/75 - First show of 1975, with the debut of PG songs. No circulating sources.
  • Minneapolis 1/18/75 - First show of US tour. No circulating sources.
  • Chicago 1/21/75 - First show with How Many More Times. Incomplete audience source.
  • Pittsburgh 2/1/75 - No circulating sources.
  • New York 2/3/75 - First show with Dazed and Confused. Audience source.
  • Uniondale 2/4/75 - Incomplete audience source.
  • Houston 2/27/75 - No circulating sources.
  • Long Beach 3/12/75 - One of the best shows of the tour. Multiple audience sources.
  • Seattle 3/21/75 - Another top show of the tour, with the most encores, and also has that episode regarding the stolen guitar. Multiple audience sources.
  • LA 3/24, 3/25, 3/27 - 3/27/75 has the longest ever Dazed and Confused. All three shows have audience sources.

Nice, always good to get a new soundboard!

I'll join the rampant speculation. Deus Ex Machina is the name of a N*zi Zeppelin in the fictional alternate history Millennium manga series.

http://hellsing.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex_Machina

Now, N*zi, Zeppelin, soundboard revolution.... 04.10.77 springs to mind there!

Hi

As we all know nothing yet, except THE gentleman in Tokyo, I notice, that most of you seem to favour or assume a 75 or 77 SB release. I don`t think the term Deus Ex Machina is a clue for the release of an so far uncirculated concert, maybe it is a SB of a concert we only know from AUD sources, or even possibly an adorable AUD source released from some tape hoarder.........could be anything........

Personally, I`d like to go back to the very beginning of this thread:

Let it be the SB of 9/28/1971- Osaka first night, I will donate 28 candles in a church nearby, will spend 2 weeks prior to the release in a mental home (just to be prepared) & dig out those cigarette papers (most likely in reverse order)

On 2/28/2017 at 2:13 AM, Crimson Avenger said:

Now, N*zi, Zeppelin, soundboard revolution.... 04.10.77 springs to mind there!

4/10/77...I'd be down with that. It's a pretty crappy audience recording but you can tell it was a good show just the same.

25 minutes ago, Nutrocker said:

4/10/77...I'd be down with that. It's a pretty crappy audience recording but you can tell it was a good show just the same.

Yes, it would be a good one, that, I reckon too.  Just a theory, but it fits the bill for a bit of wordplay from Japan!

There used to be a video game called Deux Ex.  Definition of Deus Ex Machina means : a god introduced into a play to resolve the entanglements of the plot.   Quite interesting though with all the weird stuff going on in Antarctica and rumors of the Arch of Gabriel being brought there.  

The mystery is lifted since this morning!! THE NEW SOUNDBOARD DEUS EX MACHINA WILL BE THE 21 MARCH 1975 SHOW! I had the information from my direct contact from EV! Enjoy it, it's a fabulous show, it's so good!!

To celebrate this special 15 year anniversary of the "soundboard" revolution Empress Valley is presenting a CD sampler of their past Sbd titles plus a teaser of the Seattle 3/21/75 show. Good grief, really?!! Just get on with it and put the show out already.

"If there's an extra nickel to be drained" 

18 minutes ago, duckman said:

Fantastic news...and a fitting birthday release for EV's 15th anniversary. Does this mean the 1975 SB revolution ends here? No West Coast  Soundboards  :-(

I don't think it gets more west coast than Seattle, or are you referring to the LA & San Diego dates?

3 hours ago, porgie66 said:

To celebrate this special 15 year anniversary of the "soundboard" revolution Empress Valley is presenting a CD sampler of their past Sbd titles plus a teaser of the Seattle 3/21/75 show. Good grief, really?!! Just get on with it and put the show out already.

"If there's an extra nickel to be drained" 

According to this twitter account, the soundboard bootleg will be titled "Deus Ex Machina" with a sample of it included on an Empress Valley promo titled "Viva La Revolution". If this is true (I have no idea of the accuracy of this twitter account), this seems to mean the sample will be packaged in the promo (perhaps this is the sampler of past soundboards?), and the full show will be available separately on "Deus Ex Machina".

If this is true, I am SUPER excited for this! 1975 is not one of my favorite years, but this show SMOKES from beginning to end, and is my favorite show from that year. Couple that with the already excellent audience recording and I foresee some great matrices coming out in the near future. Christmas may have come early for this fan! :hurrah:

14 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

According to this twitter account, the soundboard bootleg will be titled "Deus Ex Machina" with a sample of it included on an Empress Valley promo titled "Viva La Revolution". If this is true (I have no idea of the accuracy of this twitter account), this seems to mean the sample will be packaged in the promo (perhaps this is the sampler of past soundboards?), and the full show will be available separately on "Deus Ex Machina".

If this is true, I am SUPER excited for this! 1975 is not one of my favorite years, but this show SMOKES from beginning to end, and is my favorite show from that year. Couple that with the already excellent audience recording and I foresee some great matrices coming out in the near future. Christmas may have come early for this fan! :hurrah:

Empress Valley should be giving away this damn "Viva" bullshit as a bonus for purchasing the new SBD title, not putting a teaser track out there with a bunch of shit that's already been available. Nonsense. Pure opportunism.  I can feel the ground rumbling as that fearsome giant Peter Grant turns in his grave. 

3/21/75 is indeed an epic show but I'm skeptical about my enjoyment of this new board tape as so many shows that I have loved as great audience tapes are diminished by the warts and all presentation of a soundboard, mainly Plants vocal warts and Jimmy's finger problems. Baton Rouge 2/28  and Long Beach 3/11 comes to mind.  The audience tapes are way more enjoyable to me. 

37 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Empress Valley should be giving away this damn "Viva" bullshit as a bonus for purchasing the new SBD title, not putting a teaser track out there with a bunch of shit that's already been available. Nonsense. Pure opportunism.  I can feel the ground rumbling as that fearsome giant Peter Grant turns in his grave. 

It's a useless release. Anyone interested will just buy (or download) the full 3/21/75 soundboard release. 

I'd have to agree that audience recordings are generally better (unless the recording is utter shit). Soundboards in general sound flat and lifeless. However, if this is indeed anything like the other 1975 boards, it'll definitely be better than most other Zeppelin soundboards. Plus, as I said, the matrices are what I'm really looking forward to. If we get something even a third as good as 2/12/75 in terms of sound quality, I'll be happy. Heck, I'd be happy with that kind of sound quality even if the performance was on the level of Tempe! :lol:

I also agree that it's pretty pointless and greedy for Empress Valley to be churning out this "Viva La Revolution" in addition to this soundboard. Hardcore fans likely have most if not all of these releases already and will almost certainly purchase the full soundboard separately. 

Archived