New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

On 2/23/2017 at 9:24 AM, lynxwizard said:

Some here have said How many more times was first played on the 75 tour in Chicago. how do we know that when there is no known source for Mpls, the first show of the tour ?

Here's the "plantation" before they played the song in Chicago on Jan. 21, 1975: Now we're gonna try something that we honest, honestly haven't done for about five years. We decided, we decided after last night that we hadn't heard something so long it's not true.

Besides the incorrect math, it sounds like they hadn't played it in Bloomington, and I have not seen the song listed in several Bloomington show reviews.

Also, HMMT replaced When the Levee Breaks in the set.

This is HUGE news, I about fell out of my seat when I read this email on my phone at work.  Sucks if we have to wait until May to hear it. 

This show is so damn good, no way the SB is a disappointment compared to the audience recording (those are decent recordings, unlikely they masked any major flaws, like, say, the Landover show).

I always believed there was a decent chance this board existed, but I assumed it would be released last, and it would be the end of the "revolution" (the Houston, 1st San Diego, and 2nd Long Beach shows are yet to come).  Now I have to revise this assessment, it's probable now that boards of the Forum shows exist, and if so, these will likely be the end of the line.  (I still see no reason to believe that any January boards are out there, at least as part of this "revolution" stash.)

We'd all love an early Zep release, but you get what you get.  Looking forward to hearing it.  Never have sought out the 3/21 show.  Heard the other Seattle show, have the Vancouver show and the LA run.  So this will be a good one to check out, based on reputation.  :yesnod: 

15 hours ago, IpMan said:

I don't think it gets more west coast than Seattle, or are you referring to the LA & San Diego dates?

Yes the Forum gigs and of course the second Long Beach show...another strong contender of the best ever 1975 shows.

10 hours ago, Walter said:

We'd all love an early Zep release, but you get what you get.  Looking forward to hearing it.  Never have sought out the 3/21 show.  Heard the other Seattle show, have the Vancouver show and the LA run.  So this will be a good one to check out, based on reputation.  :yesnod: 

Oh boy, are you in for a treat!  You only have one of the Vancouver shows?  I'm guessing the 19th?  The 20th is at least as good imo.

19 hours ago, mikezep61 said:

Here's the "plantation" before they played the song in Chicago on Jan. 21, 1975: Now we're gonna try something that we honest, honestly haven't done for about five years. We decided, we decided after last night that we hadn't heard something so long it's not true.

Besides the incorrect math, it sounds like they hadn't played it in Bloomington, and I have not seen the song listed in several Bloomington show reviews.

Also, HMMT replaced When the Levee Breaks in the set.

Plant of course has short term memory loss because HMMT was played at Southampton in 1973. To be fair it's not the best version though

1 hour ago, Mook said:

If I'm an alien who has just landed on Earth & wants to hear this (when it comes out), how would I go about doing this?

Pay $$$ to a bootleg seller or wait for someone to share it on a trading site and download it for free, or wait longer for it to be shared on YouTube. Alien or earthing, those are your options. ?

Since you're a Johnny Boy fan and live in auld reekie you're cool by me. PM me and I can give you a referral if you like. 

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Plant of course has short term memory loss because HMMT was played at Southampton in 1973. To be fair it's not the best version though

Yes, short term memory loss or Mandrax perhaps. ?

33 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Pay $$$ to a bootleg seller or wait for someone to share it on a trading site and download it for free, or wait longer for it to be shared on YouTube. Alien or earthing, those are your options. ?

Since you're a Johnny Boy fan and live in auld reekie you're cool by me. PM me and I can give you a referral if you like. 

Nice one, cheers, mate.

On 3/2/2017 at 9:02 AM, ZepHead315 said:

I'd have to agree that audience recordings are generally better (unless the recording is utter shit). Soundboards in general sound flat and lifeless. However, if this is indeed anything like the other 1975 boards, it'll definitely be better than most other Zeppelin soundboards. Plus, as I said, the matrices are what I'm really looking forward to. If we get something even a third as good as 2/12/75 in terms of sound quality, I'll be happy.

THIS!

The audience recording really isn't all that great, not a lot of crowd noise, I wouldn't think a matrix of this show would be very good, but I guess when one pops up I'll give it a listen. Really looking forward to the board tape, though

To any Soundboard nay-sayers....I've been collecting live Zeppelin tapes since the mid 1980s...I'll take any and every soundboard we can get, and yes that would include even any bad shows   Why dis a soundboard?  The 1975 soundboards sound nearly like official releases.  At this point one day we may have whole runs of tours.  We practically do from 1973 onward.   Sure I want the entire 1971 Japan tour,1972 Australian tour and the 1972 USA tour as bad as everyone else, but patient my friends, over time, let hope we get every board recorded.

Charley

13 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Oh boy, are you in for a treat!  You only have one of the Vancouver shows?  I'm guessing the 19th?  The 20th is at least as good imo.

Brilliant Kashmir on the 20th

4 hours ago, badgeholder said:

The audience recording really isn't all that great, not a lot of crowd noise, I wouldn't think a matrix of this show would be very good, but I guess when one pops up I'll give it a listen. Really looking forward to the board tape, though

Check out the alternate source. More atmosphere and crowd, better dynamics. It's just a little rougher around the edges, but I like it. 

On March 3, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Bonzo_fan said:

Yes, apologies for my vague response.  I've heard the Seattle 17th show, own the Vancouver 19th show, haven't heard the 20th or 21st shows.  Very much looking forward to checking out the new Seattle release!

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Yes, apologies for my vague response.  I've heard the Seattle 17th show, own the Vancouver 19th show, haven't heard the 20th or 21st shows.  Very much looking forward to checking out the new Seattle release!

I would say the big advantage of the 21st is that energy level stays high though out almost all of the show, generally for the latter 75 shows I think it tends to be the case that the band turns it on for certain tracks but here they do it for almost everything.

Archived