New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

No mystery, and 3/21/75 is really as good as it gets for 1975. We already have some great soundboards though, and I'm not really sure why someone would be here on a Led Zeppelin forum and not have, or at least listen to, the 3/20/75 soundboard and others from the batch like 3/3/75 and 2/28/75. I like the 3/12 performance a lot, I like Jimmy's playing and adventurous approach, not too much slop but not lacking the loose feel he has. The long Dazed and fast No Quarter in Seattle somewhat makes me prefer earlier 1975 shows. 2/28/75 and 2/16/75 No Quarters get me all the time. B)

Seattle on the 21st is as good as they come folks, you'd have to give me one of the best performances from '77 (LA run soundboards :blink:) to be more excited than I am right now! Its gonna be sick, I promise you that. Already has a great audience recording, I have the presence version. If you don't like this soundboard of 3/21/75, you need to find another band or forum, because you don't like Led Zeppelin live. And I doubt it will hurt the shows reputation, and if it does its only gonna be like 3 trolls and 1 hobbit who think so. :P THE (THE!) SEATTLE 75 SOUNDBOARD WHAT THE F**K!!!! Not going to do anything remotely dangerous in the next week or months, gonna go the speed limit everywhere. :lol:

3 hours ago, Dirty Work said:

No mystery, and 3/21/75 is really as good as it gets for 1975. We already have some great soundboards though, and I'm not really sure why someone would be here on a Led Zeppelin forum and not have, or at least listen to, the 3/20/75 soundboard and others from the batch like 3/3/75 and 2/28/75. I like the 3/12 performance a lot, I like Jimmy's playing and adventurous approach, not too much slop but not lacking the loose feel he has. The long Dazed and fast No Quarter in Seattle somewhat makes me prefer earlier 1975 shows. 2/28/75 and 2/16/75 No Quarters get me all the time. B)

Seattle on the 21st is as good as they come folks, you'd have to give me one of the best performances from '77 (LA run soundboards :blink:) to be more excited than I am right now! Its gonna be sick, I promise you that. Already has a great audience recording, I have the presence version. If you don't like this soundboard of 3/21/75, you need to find another band or forum, because you don't like Led Zeppelin live. And I doubt it will hurt the shows reputation, and if it does its only gonna be like 3 trolls and 1 hobbit who think so. :PTHE (THE!) SEATTLE 75 SOUNDBOARD WHAT THE F**K!!!! Not going to do anything remotely dangerous in the next week or months, gonna go the speed limit everywhere. :lol:

Hahaha same!

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Yes, apologies for my vague response.  I've heard the Seattle 17th show, own the Vancouver 19th show, haven't heard the 20th or 21st shows.  Very much looking forward to checking out the new Seattle release!

Ok, I would definitely check out the 20th while you wait for the board of the 21st.  IMO with those four Pacific Northwest shows, each is better than the one that preceded it, although the gap between the two Vancouver shows is quite small.  I would say that the 19th is a significant step up from the 17th (which is no slouch by any means), then the 20th is a very slight step up from the 19th (maybe), and then the 21st is another sizeable step up from the 20th.  This is really one of the best four show runs of their career.

7 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Ok, I would definitely check out the 20th while you wait for the board of the 21st.  IMO with those four Pacific Northwest shows, each is better than the one that preceded it, although the gap between the two Vancouver shows is quite small.  I would say that the 19th is a significant step up from the 17th (which is no slouch by any means), then the 20th is a very slight step up from the 19th (maybe), and then the 21st is another sizeable step up from the 20th.  This is really one of the best four show runs of their career.

Totally agree.  The Forum shows ending the tour have some of the best moments of '75, but overall they pale in comparison to the preceding Northwest shows, that's an all-time great run.

11 hours ago, Dirty Work said:

Seattle on the 21st is as good as they come folks, you'd have to give me one of the best performances from '77 (LA run soundboards :blink:) to be more excited than I am right now! Its gonna be sick, I promise you that. Already has a great audience recording, I have the presence version. If you don't like this soundboard of 3/21/75, you need to find another band or forum, because you don't like Led Zeppelin live. And I doubt it will hurt the shows reputation, and if it does its only gonna be like 3 trolls and 1 hobbit who think so. :P THE (THE!) SEATTLE 75 SOUNDBOARD WHAT THE F**K!!!! Not going to do anything remotely dangerous in the next week or months, gonna go the speed limit everywhere. :lol:

+1

54 minutes ago, ledpoison1 said:

I'm afraid this is going to be another typical monotonous '75 show with extra tracks. I'd prefer any '77 show over this to be honest.

Okay, we'll give you a soundboard of Tempe '77; instead of what is regarded as one of the best shows Zep played in North America in 1975.

Jeez...

2 hours ago, ledpoison1 said:

I'm afraid this is going to be another typical monotonous '75 show with extra tracks. I'd prefer any '77 show over this to be honest.

Have you heard the audience recording?

2 hours ago, ledpoison1 said:

How is 75 more monotonous than 77? As the 75 tour progressed they seemed to explore more and more in No Quarter and Dazed. I find even some of the WLL jams fun. Granted I've only heard some of the 77 no quarters but it seems as though they had a standard format except for a small boogie portion. Everything else was expected night in night out. If anything 77 seems to be their most monotonous tour to me.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:42 PM, Dirty Work said:

Spot on Dirty Work.  Haven't seen you around the Hotel much recently.  You still over there?

3 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Have you heard the audience recording?

No kidding.  A Zep fan on a Zep forum who HASN'T heard the 3/21/75 show?

Dude-do yourself a favor and check it out.  It will not disappoint.  My 2nd favorite Sick Again ever.  Page's guitar work is glorious.  And the shit Bonham's pulling off during the outro section is just remarkable.  There are no low-points during the show.

Edit: Or maybe you have heard it, but don't care for it because of Zep's 75 set-list??

33 minutes ago, LedElvis75 said:

Spot on Dirty Work.  Haven't seen you around the Hotel much recently.  You still over there?

Nah man, I might go back as a lurker one day.

Thanks. If anybody wants me to point them in the direction to find any Zeppelin 1969-1980 soundboards to download or sample, feel free to private message me.

3/20/75 is a must have, so is 3/19/75. Those are about as close as you can get to 3/21, save maybe the 3 LA gigs after Seattle which has 3 great Millard recordings.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, pluribus said:

Check out the alternate source. More atmosphere and crowd, better dynamics. It's just a little rougher around the edges, but I like it. 

Is the source that completes this show from mid-way thru STH thru Heartbreaker complete?  I like it too.

1 hour ago, Dirty Work said:

Nah man, I might go back as a lurker one day.

Thanks. If anybody wants me to point them in the direction to find any Zeppelin 1969-1980 soundboards to download or sample, feel free to private message me.

3/20/75 is a must have, so is 3/19/75. Those are about as close as you can get to 3/21, save maybe the 3 LA gigs after Seattle which has 3 great Millard recordings.

I think 3/27/75 is the only one of the Forum shows that can stack up to those ones in the Pacific Northwest.  Actually, 3/25/75 is pretty good too for the most part, but 3/24/75 is clearly a notch or two below IMO.

51 minutes ago, LedElvis75 said:

Is the source that completes this show from mid-way thru STH thru Heartbreaker complete?  I like it too.

Yep. It's out there complete (minus a few cuts), and it was also put on the TCOLZ bootleg Long Drive to Seattle.

8 hours ago, ledpoison1 said:

I generally prefer 77 over 75 too, but c'mon! This show is easily a top 10 show by Zeppelin. Page (and the rest of the band for that matter) are on FIRE! Even Plant is pretty strong (by this tour's standards at least).

HO HO HO AND MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS ZEPHEADS!!! ?

Now we are talking!!! I have cherished my vinyl of 3.21 Seattle for decades. Now to have a chance to complete my soundboard collection of the 4-night Pacific Northwest run is like Christmas come again.

Bah! Humbug! to the naysayers. This is gonna fucking rock! I can already hear Bonzo's drums and Jonesy's bass thundering thru my speakers!

It also leads me to think that the soundboard to 3.12.75 Long Beach may soon follow!

No jaywalking or flouting the law for me...I am walking the straight and narrow until I get my hands on that 3.21 Seattle soundboard.

On 3/4/2017 at 9:42 PM, Dirty Work said:

No mystery, and 3/21/75 is really as good as it gets for 1975. We already have some great soundboards though, and I'm not really sure why someone would be here on a Led Zeppelin forum and not have, or at least listen to, the 3/20/75 soundboard and others from the batch like 3/3/75 and 2/28/75

Oh I don't know, maybe because I have a life and don't go searching for every zeppelin show on the web, owning 100+shows already, including the aforementioned 28th and 3rd shows. 

Im not really sure why anyone who bashes this forum over at R-O, would come here in the first place.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, Bonzo_fan said:

I think 3/27/75 is the only one of the Forum shows that can stack up to those ones in the Pacific Northwest.  Actually, 3/25/75 is pretty good too for the most part, but 3/24/75 is clearly a notch or two below IMO.

I think the 27th is patchy but has some amazing highs, NQ, TU and the opening section of DAC are all amazing and OTHAFA has an interesting solo as well. The 25th I think starts off patchy as well in the opening third but then picks up massively with NQ(maybe not quite as good as the following nights() and stays consistently excellent from that point on with the second best DAC of the tour after the 21st. Really though the Millard recordings of these shows are good enough that I don't think SB's would be that important to have, might well sound worse..

I can see the attraction of the earlier 75 shows(well after the band get back in decent form) and some of those performances like MSG are probably slickier overall than the latter shows yet I just think the band were lacking a bit of inspiration that only really started to emerge again during the second leg of the tour. The 21st to me though has the best of both aspects, consistency AND inspiration.

5 hours ago, greenman said:

I think the 27th is patchy but has some amazing highs, NQ, TU and the opening section of DAC are all amazing and OTHAFA has an interesting solo as well. The 25th I think starts off patchy as well in the opening third but then picks up massively with NQ(maybe not quite as good as the following nights() and stays consistently excellent from that point on with the second best DAC of the tour after the 21st. Really though the Millard recordings of these shows are good enough that I don't think SB's would be that important to have, might well sound worse..

I can see the attraction of the earlier 75 shows(well after the band get back in decent form) and some of those performances like MSG are probably slickier overall than the latter shows yet I just think the band were lacking a bit of inspiration that only really started to emerge again during the second leg of the tour. The 21st to me though has the best of both aspects, consistency AND inspiration.

Idk, I have a soft-spot for the 27th lol.  I would probably have it in my top 10 favourite shows of all time, not saying it's one of the ten best.  I just think it epitomizes so much of what they stood for--the average song length is almost 15 minutes (3h 45m when you account for cuts, and only 15 songs--subtract a bit for time in-between songs)!

I actually think the '75 Millard tapes are a bit lacking compared to the '77 ones, and having soundboards for those shows would certainly be welcomed by me, particularly because you could make an amazing matrix, and hopefully the soundboard of the 27th would cover up the cuts in the audience tape(s).  '77, on the other hand, I don't think would benefit much from soundboards--I certainly wouldn't listen to the soundboard instead of the Millard tapes, but a matrix could be good.  However, I'm not even sure a matrix would be better than the pure audience recording for the 21st.  The problem is that the soundboard is supposed to help with the bass and drums in a matrix, but as Strider mentioned in another thread recently, the bass and drums don't sound very good on the '77 boards.  They sound fantastic on the '75 boards though, hence a matrix with the '75 Millard's would be killer.

Archived