New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

On 3/11/2017 at 0:16 PM, Dirty Work said:

I don't come here to talk politics. Both forums have their advantages and disadvantages.

God forbid anyone would ever have to search for the 3/21/75 soundboard. :mellow:

Where did I say you did?

You have bashed this forum on R-O, that's all I said.  Which is true.  Now you don't want to go back there regularly,  as you said, but now are setting up shop here?  Then attack me, as if you even know me.....

You're last statement is as fuckin ridiculous.  You apparently sent me links to some shows.  Not sure because I haven't actually read what you said, just saw it paraphrased on my email.  The last guy who sent me random links was a psycho, so I'll pass on whatever you've sent to me.  Thanks anyway.  If I choose to get that show, I'll either buy the silvers or get it from a trusted source.  Until then I have more than enough shows to listen to, because I have a fuckin life.  ✌?

Never mind. I'm an equal opportunity shit talker. Carry on. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of 3/21/75 soundboard, its a holy grail. I listened to the 3/20 last night and it still gets better with every listen. Only ones I think would be as good are 3/12, 3/24-27. 27th Jimmy never shuts up, and he knows how well he's playing. Talk to you when I hear the board and I'll give my 2 cents. 1977 LA soundboard or one of the better NYC gigs are the true holy grails though. When I hear one of the best '77 Over the Hills performances on soundboard I'm gonna have to change my pants. B)

52 minutes ago, Dirty Work said:

1977 LA soundboard or one of the better NYC gigs are the true holy grails though. When I hear one of the best '77 Over the Hills performances on soundboard I'm gonna have to change my pants. B)

Agreed. I mentioned this elsewhere, but if I had to pick one more soundboard to be released from '77, it'd be 6/22/77. That has Page's best OTHAFA solo ever, imo! Plus my favorite version of IMTOD.

14 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Agreed. I mentioned this elsewhere, but if I had to pick one more soundboard to be released from '77, it'd be 6/22/77. That has Page's best OTHAFA solo ever, imo! Plus my favorite version of IMTOD.

I actually preferthe solo for OTHAFA from 06.27.77.

One of the best solos ever in my book

9 hours ago, rebeldhipi said:

Honestly all of the solos in that LA run are great. Page really was on for these shows! Likewise, all of the Stairway solos in this run are great as well (the 27th may be a tad sloppy, but it's still good, imo).

12 hours ago, rebeldhipi said:

The whole LA run in '77 is great and I would love to hear the OTHAFA and IMTOD from every one, but I have a sweet spot for 6/27 and 3/27/75. They were just balls to the wall loose funky and Pagey never shuts up. I love it. And the only song the soundboards of LA '77 run won't be able to represent, are the Stairways. You can't get a proper Stairway without those Mike Millard recordings. RIP.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, ledpoison1 said:

Of course I have. And I think people tend to overprize that show. The band seems to be having fun but performance is still very regular. I hope I'm wrong.

Perhaps somewhat, I don't think  the performance is a total revelation to the degree that if you greatly dislike the 75 tour its going to bring you around yet it does I think has a good case as the best show of the tour being both very consistent and having inspired versions of NQ plus DAC with probably more energy to them than any other 75 show.

I certainly wouldn't say no to an early 75 SB although really I tend to think there was a reason why they dropped the newer material and I think theres clearly more difference between 73 and 75 than the setlist suggests with NQ especially evolving into something very different.

It felt like we were due for a new SB to surface so I have been checking in regularly to catch the chatter. I'll pretty much take any soundboard, but I am partial to the '75 to and I'm stoked to get the 3-21-75 show. I have an audience of it, but except for the Millard shows don't really bother with any of them. My ears just can't handle most of them. 

8 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Well, I'm looking forward to hearing the whole show... but damn, sometimes Pagey sounds like one of those YouTube shred videos when he plays alone on Heartbreaker. ?

Spice it up a bit and it sounds great. Takes a bit of Jimmy's stickiness out.

2 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

That does indeed sound fantastic!  I hope Plant's final remarks afterwards won't be cut out like that on the full release though...

I'd imagine this will be a 4 disk release so no reason for EV to cut something out unless its not on their source.

This does sound very nice I'd agree, needs some EQ as most SB's do but the bass especially is very clear.

27 minutes ago, greenman said:

I'd imagine this will be a 4 disk release so no reason for EV to cut something out unless its not on their source.

This does sound very nice I'd agree, needs some EQ as most SB's do but the bass especially is very clear.

Yeah, I think I plotted it out one time and there's no way to fit this show on three discs without changing the order of the songs, which they obviously won't do.

Thank god Jimmy is ON an he's not low in the soundboard mix like 3/17/75. He's lower in that than any '75 board I heard, but he was low in the audience tape too. Quick shoutouts for the audience recordings of 3/17, 3/19, 3/20, and 3/21. I'm a soundboard guy but there are a few I like, and these are high on the list. That Heartbreaker didn't disappoint, I think the audience tape is clear enough to hear how well they were all playing, and the sample proves that IMO.

19 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Well, I'm looking forward to hearing the whole show... but damn, sometimes Pagey sounds like one of those YouTube shred videos when he plays alone on Heartbreaker. ?

I hear ya on the heartbreaker solo... Hes so damn wore out and probably out of it when they pull it out for an encore... Earlier in the show hes killing it but by that time theres not much left in the tank...

Archived