New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

On 4/28/2017 at 11:44 PM, Dirty Work said:

Multitracks... of Zeppelin. Pure gold. For good measure, add 9/29/71 to the list. You can hear it through headphones certain parts of the show. Which makes 9/28/71 a likely multi. Hampton soundboard could be considered a multitrack, but all we have is bass in the left track, and everything else in the right. So that makes Orlando '71 a possible multi.

My point is, Zeppelin recorded live in A+ quality never disappoints. Aliens would listen to this stuff.

Ps. Thank You from Orlando '71 is one of my top Page moments ever. Its Page and Bonham just double teaming a hot chick.

Bonzo's playing during this version of TY is one of my favorite Zep live moments.

Just doesn't get any better.

6 hours ago, Dirty Work said:

Tight but loose

Like 3/21/75 every time I've listened to that show recently, I hear a better and better performance. The true perfect '75 night.

Getting back to this TY from 8/31/71... We all know the legend that was John Bonham's right foot, but the way he used and employed his bass drum in TY from that night just blows me away.  No other drummer I've ever heard could've pulled that off like Bonzo did.  Just remarkable.  Bonzo is THE reason the live recordings never get stale.

22 hours ago, LedElvis75 said:

Getting back to this TY from 8/31/71... We all know the legend that was John Bonham's right foot, but the way he used and employed his bass drum in TY from that night just blows me away.  No other drummer I've ever heard could've pulled that off like Bonzo did.  Just remarkable.  Bonzo is THE reason the live recordings never get stale.

Edit - I just answered my own question.

On 29-4-2017 at 5:44 AM, Dirty Work said:

Multitracks... of Zeppelin. Pure gold. For good measure, add 9/29/71 to the list. You can hear it through headphones certain parts of the show. Which makes 9/28/71 a likely multi. Hampton soundboard could be considered a multitrack, but all we have is bass in the left track, and everything else in the right. So that makes Orlando '71 a possible multi.

My point is, Zeppelin recorded live in A+ quality never disappoints. Aliens would listen to this stuff.

Ps. Thank You from Orlando '71 is one of my top Page moments ever. Its Page and Bonham just double teaming a hot chick.

Neither Hampton or Orlando are multi tracks these are  two track 1/4 " 7 ips reel to reel , incomplete SB recordings made on a Revox open reel deck. Royal Albert 1970, Japan 1971, West Coast 1972, MSG 1973 Earls Court (May 24 and 25) and Knebworth 1979 are multi tracks (from 2 inch  8 track, 16 or  32 track)

10 hours ago, duckman said:

Neither Hampton or Orlando are multi tracks these are  two track 1/4 " 7 ips reel to reel , incomplete SB recordings made on a Revox open reel deck. Royal Albert 1970, Japan 1971, West Coast 1972, MSG 1973 Earls Court (May 24 and 25) and Knebworth 1979 are multi tracks (from 2 inch  8 track, 16 or  32 track)

Are the multitracks for any of these available as bootlegs? I have all of these shows but they are in mono

12 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Are the multitracks for any of these available as bootlegs? I have all of these shows but they are in mono

As you might expect only a few multi's from live shows found their way to the silver market. Studio Daze (Scorpio) featured What is and What should never be and Dancing Days from the Long Beach Arena 1972 show, two years later followed by an incomplete version of Moby Dick on 'One More Daze' (Dynamite Studio)

Oh, BTW I forgot Southampton 1973, that one is also sourced from multi track.

Most likely Texas Pop 69 and the Fillmore shows from April 24 and 27 are from two or four track decks. 

16 minutes ago, duckman said:

As you might expect only a few multi's from live shows found their way to the silver market. Studio Daze (Scorpio) featured What is and What should never be and Dancing Days from the Long Beach Arena 1972 show, two years later followed by an incomplete version of Moby Dick on 'One More Daze' (Dynamite Studio)

Oh, BTW I forgot Southampton 1973, that one is also sourced from multi track.

Most likely Texas Pop 69 and the Fillmore shows from April 24 and 27 are from two or four track decks. 

Wouldn't Royal Albert Hall '70 be considered as most recent boots come from Shirley's multis? 

So, did this end up getting pushed back? I don't typically pay this close attention to new SBD releases but I've been waiting for years for this one (as I'm sure many have). Do these typically get announced for a certain date and then come out late?

2 hours ago, Frawls said:

So, did this end up getting pushed back? I don't typically pay this close attention to new SBD releases but I've been waiting for years for this one (as I'm sure many have). Do these typically get announced for a certain date and then come out late?

Looks like it.  Although I think our buddy from Japan could surprise us at any moment...

3 hours ago, Frawls said:

http://ledzepnews.com/2017/04/30/upcoming-led-zeppelin-bootleg-deus-ex-machina-is-now-expected-to-be-released-in-late-may-or-early-june/

3 hours ago, JTM said:

That has been the projected release time since it was announced.

The initial rumoured release date was some time in May, then last week that was updated to late May or early June. It could be that EV had always planned for a late May release.

On 3.5.2017 at 8:27 PM, LedElvis75 said:

Looks like it.  Although I think our buddy from Japan could surprise us at any moment...

Haha, of course he could surprise us at any time, as he did: In his last newsletter, just a few days ago, he announced that his business will be closed soon, because he will leave Japan for vacation (to attend concerts abroad). And what a fortunate coincedence it will be, the day he is back in business Deus Ex Machina will be released! Don`t you worry, just a little more patience......

By the way. Empress Valley & our Gentleman in Tokyo should finally release the complete SB of Osaka 9.28.1971 which is long overdue. This will be a Big one- I have been waiting for 20 years.............

On 2/22/2017 at 9:42 AM, porgie66 said:

Has anyone inquired with Mr Fishead about a clue?  I suppose this is some sort of big dramatic mystery to get Zep fans frothing at the mouth and ready to drop $$$ tout suite.

I always thought that was an odd name.  Is Fishead named after the Babylonian God Oannes ?

mythology-oannes.jpg

Of course this board is gonna take a while. I also love how we got a glimpse of somebody at Empress Valley's favorite live picks from '75.

Watched the bootleg kings youtube video, and they hit the nail on the head. The people who seek out these soundboards have bought all the albums and live releases multiple times. I for one have bought How the West Was Won 5 times, and DVD 3 times, for backup copies and for copies to give to friends. I gave my drummer buddy disc 1 of DVD and he's never been the same. If this was officially released I'd pay a good $50 bucks for it, if it was a digital download even, end rant. ;) But won't be paying shit unfortunately. I'll only pay the band.

Hell if the soundboards were reissued and released officially I'd buy the shit out of them. Just not paying for bootleg crap no matter how epic this soundboard will be, 3/21/75.  Led Zeppelin needs a freakin' few shows on a live downloads site. Like the nugs.net thingy. For christs sake. 

36 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

If they string this thing out much longer, it'll be the bootleg equivalent of Jimmy's "warming up on the touchlines" quote.

The important thing is to be seen to be releasing a new soundboard bootleg.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:09 AM, Dirty Work said:

Hell if the soundboards were reissued and released officially I'd buy the shit out of them. Just not paying for bootleg crap no matter how epic this soundboard will be, 3/21/75.  Led Zeppelin needs a freakin' few shows on a live downloads site. Like the nugs.net thingy. For christs sake. 

Yep.

Ah, another EV "Nice Price" release, that`s what I call "Sick Again"

Deus Ex Machina - Led Zeppelin - 3/21/75 Seattle, WA - Previously Unreleased Soundboard - Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series proudly presents for the very First and Only time anywhere, the Legendary Longest Ever U.S.A Show!! The following unique editions of this Ultra Rare Show are due for release in Mid June;

Ultimate Collectors Edition - Promo Only Box Set (3/17/75 SB & 3/21/75 SB) - 100 Numbered Copies Only!!
This 7 CD Mega Rare Box with Obi includes both Seattle shows in Complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard!! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases inside an exquisite Ultra Ltd Ed box. Please inquire for prices and availability! - Few!

Extremely Ltd Ed Complete Seattle Two Night Stand Box Set This 14 CD Exclusive Box with Obi includes both the Previously Unreleased Seattle 3/21/75 and the 3/17/75 show in Complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard with added bonuses of Remastered Audience source for each show to provide two completely different listening perspectives for each night! !! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases with obis. The set is enclosed in an exquisite Ltd Ed box similar to "Thunder Down Under" Box Set.  $600  includes shipping

Deluxe Ltd Ed Box Set This 8 CD Deluxe Box with Obi includes Previously Unreleased Seattle 3/21/75 show in Perfect Stereo Soundboard with added bonus of Remastered Audience source of the show! !! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases with obis. The set is enclosed in an beautiful Ltd Ed box similar to "History Lesson" Box Set.  $350 Plus shipping

Would it be too much to ask for a single 3-4 CD release containing just the SB of 3/21/75 for $150-$180?????

45 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

Ah, another EV "Nice Price" release, that`s what I call "Sick Again"

Deus Ex Machina - Led Zeppelin - 3/21/75 Seattle, WA - Previously Unreleased Soundboard - Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series proudly presents for the very First and Only time anywhere, the Legendary Longest Ever U.S.A Show!! The following unique editions of this Ultra Rare Show are due for release in Mid June;

Ultimate Collectors Edition - Promo Only Box Set (3/17/75 SB & 3/21/75 SB) - 100 Numbered Copies Only!!
This 7 CD Mega Rare Box with Obi includes both Seattle shows in Complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard!! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases inside an exquisite Ultra Ltd Ed box. Please inquire for prices and availability! - Few!

Extremely Ltd Ed Complete Seattle Two Night Stand Box Set This 14 CD Exclusive Box with Obi includes both the Previously Unreleased Seattle 3/21/75 and the 3/17/75 show in Complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard with added bonuses of Remastered Audience source for each show to provide two completely different listening perspectives for each night! !! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases with obis. The set is enclosed in an exquisite Ltd Ed box similar to "Thunder Down Under" Box Set.  $600  includes shipping

Deluxe Ltd Ed Box Set This 8 CD Deluxe Box with Obi includes Previously Unreleased Seattle 3/21/75 show in Perfect Stereo Soundboard with added bonus of Remastered Audience source of the show! !! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases with obis. The set is enclosed in an beautiful Ltd Ed box similar to "History Lesson" Box Set.  $350 Plus shipping

Would it be too much to ask for a single 3-4 CD release containing just the SB of 3/21/75 for $150-$180?????

Haha, perfect...scumbag opportunists. 

Archived