New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

1 hour ago, Boleskinner said:

If that's the case it makes sense for EV to space out the releases and maximise the demand and $$$ for them.

The stories of how these tapes got from a sound desk in some auditorium in North America in 1975 to Japan in 2017 are almost as interesting as the concerts themselves.

The bootleggers should include this story in the liner notes, obviously omitting any names to avoid legal repercussions.

Uhhhh no they DON'T. That's the problem right there. That does not "maximize" any demand. Release 4 or 5 per year to get the excitement going. Why they aren't doing this when they have so many is beyond me. To clarify I don't know if they have "every show" from 1975 or 1977 but they have way more than you think.  

11 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Yes, I'd like to hear more as well.  How did this happen?  What do you mean by "all of them"?  All of '75 (and '77, I guess)?  Or other years/shows?

I mean all of the ones they got their hands on back then. They're sitting on more than 25+ unreleased soundboards, and supposedly a video as well.

10 hours ago, mrledhed said:

I mean all of the ones they got their hands on back then. They're sitting on more than 25+ unreleased soundboards, and supposedly a video as well.

On 25.6.2017 at 2:55 PM, mrledhed said:

They don't pay for them. They kind of fell into their lap a good while ago and they've been SITTING ON ALL OF THEM.

OK, granted that you are right, may I take the liberty to ask:

1.) How many of the 25+ yet unreleased SBs are from 69-73?

2.) How dou you explain that EV exclusively released "666 The Great Beast" only a few months after the discovery of the 4 unknown SB-tracks of Montreux 70?

3.) Do they (EV) already own the complete 9/28/1971 tapes?

The Montreux one was weird, you're right. We saw some tapes pop up on Ebay, not long after they released what sounded to be 2-track recording of the missing tracks, meaning the whole thing might be out there in complete, near perfect, 2 track soundboard quality. They even put the ebay photo used for the reels on the back of their EVSD cover art. IIRC. I've always heard they buy them up one by one. They've definitely released more interesting material lately. Jimmy could easily repackage them and officially release them. A "best of Vancouver '75" release would be better than 90% of any other bands official live releases.

11 minutes ago, Dirty Work said:

The Montreux one was weird, you're right. We saw some tapes pop up on Ebay, not long after they released what sounded to be 2-track recording of the missing tracks, meaning the whole thing might be out there in complete, near perfect, 2 track soundboard quality. They even put the ebay photo used for the reels on the back of their EVSD cover art. IIRC. I've always heard they buy them up one by one. They've definitely released more interesting material lately. Jimmy could easily repackage them and officially release them. A "best of Vancouver '75" release would be better than 90% of any other bands official live releases.

You're right. Jimmy could easily repackage them and release. But no way would he get approval from Plant to do so. Hasn't this given rise to speculation that Jimmy himself might be the source of some of these releases? Can't say as I subscribe to this view - he's too much of a perfectionist. Anyway, I couldn't give a rats for any more 77 board releases - they sound terrible. We've had enough from 75 (after Seattle). I'm with Autumn Moon. More from 69 to 73 please, with an emphasis on 69 to 71. 

15 hours ago, mrledhed said:

But, which ones did they "get their hands on"?  How do you know there are that many left?  I'd be surprised if there are more than 10 remaining boards from '75 and '77.

3 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

You're right. Jimmy could easily repackage them and release. But no way would he get approval from Plant to do so. Hasn't this given rise to speculation that Jimmy himself might be the source of some of these releases? Can't say as I subscribe to this view - he's too much of a perfectionist. Anyway, I couldn't give a rats for any more 77 board releases - they sound terrible. We've had enough from 75 (after Seattle). I'm with Autumn Moon. More from 69 to 73 please, with an emphasis on 69 to 71. 

I am also in the 69-73 camp. I would love to hear a dynamic board tape of any LA 77 run though. 

I tend to think Plant wouldn't agree to releasing much of whatever is available because his voice was so often fucked from 73 onward. In that respect I think 77 may be the best year he had vocally after 73. But all the clammed notes from 75 shows would need serious doctoring. 

33 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

We should all pool in and offer $25k for the LTTE board!

We all should pitch in and get them to release these tapes now !! God forbid I die before the LA 1977 run is released, really staring to think about eating healthy and doing yoga to ensure I live long enough to hear all the unreleased board tapes. Poor Jason from the Hotel...

15 minutes ago, SymphonyX said:

Heck yea, I'll chip in 5K to that

54 minutes ago, mknopfler said:

We all should pitch in and get them to release these tapes now !! God forbid I die before the LA 1977 run is released, really staring to think about eating healthy and doing yoga to ensure I live long enough to hear all the unreleased board tapes. Poor Jason from the Hotel...

This is a VERY bad idea. The bootleggers will get even more than that when they release them and this kind of chatter could delay those releases even further. Yes I agree EVSD is taking too long to release this stuff. Why not try to convince the band to release these tapes themselves? They probably have the masters which would sound better anyway. EVSD doesn't have the masters they are 1st gen copies that they are using to make the CDs. 

3 hours ago, mrledhed said:

This is a VERY bad idea. The bootleggers will get even more than that when they release them and this kind of chatter could delay those releases even further.

I'll have to disagree with you on this.
Or if EV keeps dragging their feet at releasing the tapes we could hire ninjas with the money we offered to pay them and have the ninjas "acquire" all the tapes for us. :)

Don't know what all the fuss is in relation to the LA boards. The AUD tapes we have are great. I have not enjoyed one SBD from 77. I've heard one matrix for Seattle and they did a real good job on it. But nowhere near as good as the Millard recordings. I also feel the same way about the Winston remaster of Destroyer. Great effort but....... Just my opinion guys. Would much prefer boards from 69 to 73, a period that is fairly poorly represented in this respect. 

Cheers, have a good day. 

1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

Don't know what all the fuss is in relation to the LA boards. The AUD tapes we have are great. I have not enjoyed one SBD from 77. I've heard one matrix for Seattle and they did a real good job on it. But nowhere near as good as the Millard recordings. I also feel the same way about the Winston remaster of Destroyer. Great effort but....... Just my opinion guys. Would much prefer boards from 69 to 73, a period that is fairly poorly represented in this respect. 

Cheers, have a good day. 

Yeah, I would love to have the boards of the 22nd & 26th, but the boards of the shows with Millard recordings already would be superfluous.

On 6/26/2017 at 3:44 AM, mrledhed said:

You know, ledhed, I would love to know yer sources for this information...I probably wouldn't be calling bullshit on yer claims like I've repeatedly done over the years if we knew you actually had some sort of credibility and weren't just making shit up. Just sayin' ;) 

1 hour ago, Crimson Avenger said:

Anyone else beginning to get the feeling that 03.21.75 isn't ever going to appear? Same with 09.28.71, which seems to have sunk without trace too.

I reckon we'll get both....why else release teaser tracks? 

2 hours ago, Crimson Avenger said:

Anyone else beginning to get the feeling that 03.21.75 isn't ever going to appear? Same with 09.28.71, which seems to have sunk without trace too.

I don't get the feeling we won't get the Seattle show. It's been announced and I can't remember a time when an announced Soundboard Revolution release has fallen through. I also thought the announcement came early this year (in the past it has been announced around this time of the year) so maybe that has something to do with it?

As for 9/28/71, they really seem to be holding on to that one, so god only knows if we will ever see that one. I like to believe we will one of these days. 

12 hours ago, mrledhed said:

This is a VERY bad idea. The bootleggers will get even more than that when they release them and this kind of chatter could delay those releases even further. Yes I agree EVSD is taking too long to release this stuff. Why not try to convince the band to release these tapes themselves? They probably have the masters which would sound better anyway. EVSD doesn't have the masters they are 1st gen copies that they are using to make the CDs. 

Wait, so the stuff lifted from Page was copied - not stolen? So he has all the masters????

2 hours ago, RockDude4492 said:

I don't get the feeling we won't get the Seattle show. It's been announced and I can't remember a time when an announced Soundboard Revolution release has fallen through. I also thought the announcement came early this year (in the past it has been announced around this time of the year) so maybe that has something to do with it?

As for 9/28/71, they really seem to be holding on to that one, so god only knows if we will ever see that one. I like to believe we will one of these days. 

2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

I reckon we'll get both....why else release teaser tracks? 

Well, why indeed. The 1971 Black Dog was nearly a year ago now. It seems to have been largely forgotten.

Seattle 75... it's reasonable to assume things haven't gone smoothly there. It seems to have been rushed. First it gets announced, but with no date for the gig. Then they give the date, but the planned release date is delayed, what, twice now? I'm not going to speculate, who knows what machinations go on behind the scenes. But of course I hope we get both!

11 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

You know, ledhed, I would love to know yer sources for this information...I probably wouldn't be calling bullshit on yer claims like I've repeatedly done over the years if we knew you actually had some sort of credibility and weren't just making shit up. Just sayin' ;) 

Why does he have to reveal his source ?   25 is a very modest number and nothing to sneeze over.  I know for a fact there is well over 25 collecting dust.

14 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

I have not enjoyed one SBD from 77.

Really ? The SIBLY - No Quarter - Ten Years Gone section from Fort worth 05/22/1977 is worth giving another try, trust me !!!
I consider that a killer performance in great sound quality, not flat sounding like the Maryland boards. Of course, I would also love me some 1971-1972 boards like the Orlando or Toronto shows (both Berkley shows would be nice), but i won't turn my nose up at any Led Zeppelin board tape, regardless of the year,  without giving it at least a few listens to, even on an "off" night they still had sparks of magic.

Archived