New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

4 hours ago, Crimson Avenger said:

Well, why indeed. The 1971 Black Dog was nearly a year ago now. It seems to have been largely forgotten.

Seattle 75... it's reasonable to assume things haven't gone smoothly there. It seems to have been rushed. First it gets announced, but with no date for the gig. Then they give the date, but the planned release date is delayed, what, twice now? I'm not going to speculate, who knows what machinations go on behind the scenes. But of course I hope we get both!

WTF with this teaser bullshit? Put that 9/28/71 tape out for Zeus's sake!!  It's not like the demand will grow as time goes on. It's been over 45 years already and true Zep fans will buy as soon as it's released. What is the logic in delaying, after putting a track out as a teaser?? 

3 hours ago, porgie66 said:

WTF with this teaser bullshit? Put that 9/28/71 tape out for Zeus's sake!!  It's not like the demand will grow as time goes on. It's been over 45 years already and true Zep fans will buy as soon as it's released. What is the logic in delaying, after putting a track out as a teaser?? 

No logic really, assuming they (whoever they are) have all the tapes. Maybe they don't. Either way, in the last year we've had two teasers and no actual releases. All sizzle and no sausage, as it were.

12 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

Why does he have to reveal his source ?   25 is a very modest number and nothing to sneeze over.  I know for a fact there is well over 25 collecting dust.

Did you read my post? The Zeppelin trading/bootleg community is infamous for people who make bullshit claims, that's why. Ledhed happens to one of those people...like I said, I've been calling bullshit on his claims for years now. As for yerself, you claim you know for "a fact" that there are well over 25 soundboard recordings collecting dust...you know this how, exactly? Sorry, mate, but "I heard it from so and so who heard it from so and so who heard it from so and so", which is the usual goddamn story within this community ain't gonna cut it. There is a big fucking problem with people within this community making claims with nothing to back them up. Now, I'm not accusing you of that sort of thing, but you need to know that part of the reason Zep collectors have a bad name within the trading community (online or otherwise) is because there are a lot of people out there who claim to have recordings and whatnot or know people who do and it's bullshit, a means for other people to fall down and kiss their asses because they supposedly are privy to things nobody else is. 

I have to agree 100% with Nutrocker.   I see a guy right now over at the Hotel named Black Swan claiming that Seattle and both Detroit 1973 shows were multitracked.  He has also told me he knew about three 1968 recordings made wth mics onstage and 1968 8mm films.

99.9% of these guys who make claims have:

Never found an uncirculated Zeppelin recording 

Never circulated an unheard of Zeppelin recording. 

Never met anyone who ever recorded Zeppelin

etc, etc, etc.  we've heard it a thousand times...zzzzzzzzzzz

11 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Did you read my post? The Zeppelin trading/bootleg community is infamous for people who make bullshit claims, that's why. Ledhed happens to one of those people...like I said, I've been calling bullshit on his claims for years now. As for yerself, you claim you know for "a fact" that there are well over 25 soundboard recordings collecting dust...you know this how, exactly? Sorry, mate, but "I heard it from so and so who heard it from so and so who heard it from so and so", which is the usual goddamn story within this community ain't gonna cut it. There is a big fucking problem with people within this community making claims with nothing to back them up. Now, I'm not accusing you of that sort of thing, but you need to know that part of the reason Zep collectors have a bad name within the trading community (online or otherwise) is because there are a lot of people out there who claim to have recordings and whatnot or know people who do and it's bullshit, a means for other people to fall down and kiss their asses because they supposedly are privy to things nobody else is. 

I agree with you about the amount of b.s. in the collecting world, but I only said bootleg companies have way more soundboards than you think. how is that not believable? they release one every year, you know they could release 5 a year and still have enough left over. I thought this was obvious. 

5 hours ago, mrledhed said:

I agree with you about the amount of b.s. in the collecting world, but I only said bootleg companies have way more soundboards than you think. how is that not believable? they release one every year, you know they could release 5 a year and still have enough left over. I thought this was obvious. 

I see no evidence that the "soundboard revolution" source has any more than about 6 or 7 '75 shows left, and maybe 2 or 3 '77 shows left.  A few years ago you could have said "there's more out there than you think", but not now.  The pattern of releases (and there is a pattern) suggests this source had a subset of those tours, not the all the shows, and the well is indeed running dry.  Is there someone else out there with more shows that they're sitting on?  Sure, it's not impossible, but they haven't revealed themselves, and there's no real reason to think they will appear suddenly.

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I see no evidence that the "soundboard revolution" source has any more than about 6 or 7 '75 shows left, and maybe 2 or 3 '77 shows left.  A few years ago you could have said "there's more out there than you think", but not now.  The pattern of releases (and there is a pattern) suggests this source had a subset of those tours, not the all the shows, and the well is indeed running dry.  Is there someone else out there with more shows that they're sitting on?  Sure, it's not impossible, but they haven't revealed themselves, and there's no real reason to think they will appear suddenly.

I have heard plenty of rumors about the origin of these board tapes, including that they come from unnamed members of the band or their family.... Of course we have no evidence of this but it would be nice if Jason was emptying his dad's vaults instead of letting the magic on those tapes disintegrate with time. I would hope that Bonzo had all the damn tapes he wanted, who was gonna tell him "no" ?

I would hope that Jason is "Heir to the Throne" of the material that the band have possession of. And he has the freedom to do what he thinks is best in terms of the legacy.

I would imagine, when the time comes (hopefully many, many moons from now) he will inherit more than is expected and be able to craft amazing releases if it is his desire - as I am confident it will be.

Sorry for the digression. Can't wait for the mystery soundboards actual release! Should be a cracker. Anticipation has waned, but reward will re-kindle the excitement.

hahahah, only 2-3 soundboards of the 77 show and that is it ?   This is getting silly.   How about there are 3 soundboards alone collecting dust with Zeppelin playing with Jethro Tull.

This speculation happens all the time and when people least expect it another Gem falls from the sky

On 6/29/2017 at 3:49 AM, Crimson Avenger said:

Anyone else beginning to get the feeling that 03.21.75 isn't ever going to appear? Same with 09.28.71, which seems to have sunk without trace too.

The 03/21/1975 board tape is coming !!! It just seems that our friend in Tokyo needed some cash influx before his month long vacation, hence the pre-order bonanza and what seems an extended wait on this particular release.
Like i said before, I'll pay and wait, this time, just as long as the soundboard revolution keeps turning out tapes. Both of the Fort Worth shows they released are great fun and I bet there is better stuff yet still to come.

5 hours ago, mknopfler said:

The 03/21/1975 board tape is coming !!! It just seems that our friend in Tokyo needed some cash influx before his month long vacation, hence the pre-order bonanza and what seems an extended wait on this particular release.
Like i said before, I'll pay and wait, this time, just as long as the soundboard revolution keeps turning out tapes. Both of the Fort Worth shows they released are great fun and I bet there is better stuff yet still to come.

Who is 'our friend in Tokyo?'?

On 6/30/2017 at 8:35 AM, Sticks of Fire said:

I have to agree 100% with Nutrocker.   I see a guy right now over at the Hotel named Black Swan claiming that Seattle and both Detroit 1973 shows were multitracked.  He has also told me he knew about three 1968 recordings made wth mics onstage and 1968 8mm films.

99.9% of these guys who make claims have:

Never found an uncirculated Zeppelin recording 

Never circulated an unheard of Zeppelin recording. 

Never met anyone who ever recorded Zeppelin

etc, etc, etc.  we've heard it a thousand times...zzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, well, it's not often that I'm wrong about these sorta things :lol: To deal with the Zeppelin trading community you have to have a good bullshit detector.

On 6/30/2017 at 11:27 AM, mrledhed said:

Yes, but where do you get this information from? Who are what are your sources? You've been making outrageous "insider" type claims here for years, so forgive me if I'm gonna question it.

1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

Who is 'our friend in Tokyo?'?

Eric Sachs, isn't it?

3 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Yeah, well, it's not often that I'm wrong about these sorta things :lol: To deal with the Zeppelin trading community you have to have a good bullshit detector.

Yes, but where do you get this information from? Who are what are your sources? You've been making outrageous "insider" type claims here for years, so forgive me if I'm gonna question it.

Eric Sachs, isn't it?

I would think that's who they're referring to.

He just emailed me "It's gonna happen. I believe soon."

4 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Eric Sachs, isn't it?

Thanks Nutrocker. You're a good bloke. But who the fuck is Eric Sachs when he's at home? What's his connection with the group and/or his standing in the music (or otherwise) industry? Know what I mean? Cheers 

2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Thanks Nutrocker. You're a good bloke. But who the fuck is Eric Sachs when he's at home? What's his connection with the group and/or his standing in the music (or otherwise) industry? Know what I mean? Cheers 

He's an American that moved to Japan. He has some connection with Empress Valley is my assumption. As far as standing in the trading community, he sells bootlegs - that's all I know. I don't really know what his connection with EV is, but he has been slinging their stuff for over 10 years now. Since English is his first language it's easier for us to deal with him rather than to attempt finding another shop or person in Japan who will do what he does - take our orders on the internet and actually ship product from Japan to the rest of the world.

^ Yeah I've been buying from/receiving mail from Fisheads since the 90's.  Around the time ZOSO magazine ceased publishing.

7 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Eric Sachs, isn't it?

Yes, nutrocker, you've been trying to get him to fess up to where he's gotten info for some of his statements for years, but it never seems to happen.  Didn't he make statements about the missing Indy, St. Paul, etc '77 shows before?  Anyway, whatever surfaces, surfaces.  There are still many shows I haven't heard and it's great when I do catch one - like 6/22/77 recently - but there is too much going on to have my life revolving around seeking them all out.  

I've dealt with Eric for more than 25 years now. As a business chap he is reliable and easy to communicate with ( American ). 

His policy has always been, no judgement/comments on sound quality. Other JP based dealers have always been a bit overly optimistic when audio  fidelity Is concerned. He sells premium stuff from empress valley, but I'm not sure whether he has a special relationship with that label. In the past he was selling other -now defunct- elite labels like Tarantura, Antrabata, Watch Tower, Immigrant and Akashic.  Before that the only place for me to aquire some silvers were the  local record fairs. More often than not only second rate titles made it into the bins. Eric offered the (very) good, ...the ugly and the bad. 

12 minutes ago, duckman said:

I've dealt with Eric for more than 25 years now. As a business chap he is reliable and easy to communicate with ( American ). 

His policy has always been, no judgement/comments on sound quality. Other JP based dealers have always been a bit overly optimistic when audio  fidelity Is concerned. He sells premium stuff from empress valley, but I'm not sure whether he has a special relationship with that label. In the past he was selling other -now defunct- elite labels like Tarantura, Antrabata, Watch Tower, Immigrant and Akashic.  Before that the only place for me to aquire some silvers were the  local record fairs. More often than not only second rate titles made it into the bins. Eric offered the (very) good, ...the ugly and the bad. 

Well said.

Eric is a good dude.

2 hours ago, LedElvis75 said:

Well said.

Eric is a good dude.

He has always held up his end of international sales and shipping with me, multiple times through the last 10 years or more  - but I've never actually met him. Eric provides a reliable service to those of us who can't make it to japan to pick up these titles. Let's hope Deus Ex Machina ships soon !!

6 minutes ago, mknopfler said:

He has always held up his end of international sales and shipping with me, multiple times through the last 10 years or more  - but I've never actually met him. Eric provides a reliable service to those of us who can't make it to japan to pick up these titles. Let's hope Deus Ex Machina ships soon !!

He has always been honest with every purchase and question I've had.  Plus if people need info about the quality of a particular release, there are many out there who have that covered.  Bootledz to start with. 

On 7/6/2017 at 4:39 AM, Nutrocker said:

More than one person, and they don't know each other well.  Do you really think I can say their names publicly? I don't even do that privately.

What "outrageous" claims have I ever made here? The fact that Empress Valley has a whole lotta soundboards does not have to be considered an "insider" claim. Yes I know a bit more than I can say publicly, but it's superfluous as what I was told by various different folks I had already assumed before they even told me. You don't need inside info to see the game they are playing with what they release and hold back for later.

If you want to talk about "outrageous" claims ask that kid on R-O and TTD involved with the NOLA audience tape who claimed that he has Indy 1977 audience, a proshot video of Seattle 1975 (total bs), and a crap load of Presence outtakes that do not circulate. He also told me he had (or saw) a black and white pro shot video of 5/21/1977. Have I made any claims like that? No I have not.

Honestly NUTrocker, I always wondered if YOU are hoarding something big and you are trying to test people here to find out if anyone knows about it. I still think that. 

Archived