New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

On 6/30/2017 at 10:27 AM, mrledhed said:

I agree with you about the amount of b.s. in the collecting world, but I only said bootleg companies have way more soundboards than you think. how is that not believable? they release one every year, you know they could release 5 a year and still have enough left over. I thought this was obvious. 

Maybe if you had said you were GUESSING there are still lots of soundboards out there, people wouldn't have felt rubbed the wrong way. I've seen endless discussions where people pontificate on what bootleggers should do, what they're hiding, what their intentions are, etc., like they have a lot of inside information, but it's only ever guessing. 

There's not an endless well of soundboards they can keep dipping into. If there were any good soundboards before 1973, they probably would've gotten out by now (I said probably, because I admit I'm only speculating).   

As for Nutrocker, I can only confirm that I have a feeling that he is absolutely, for sure, possibly is sitting on his master clones of The Bath Festival soundboard and the rough mixes for the album that was going to follow In Through the Out Door. 

7 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

The video of 5/21 exists along with 6/21 as well.   It's nothing but a Chess game of trading.  X will remain hoarded until someone steps up and releases Y and Z

Are you suggesting there is video of 6/21/77? Never heard that whopper before. 

2 hours ago, badgeholder said:

Are you suggesting there is video of 6/21/77? Never heard that whopper before. 

Of course there is silly, right along with the pro-shot, multi-tracked 26-12-68 Denver show and both 79' Copenhagen dates.

21 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

I don't think there was pro-shot technology in 1968 :) 

Monterrey Pop Festival 1967 :)

In fact, it's well known around certain trading circles that Jimmy Page and Steve Hoffman have been "quietly" putting together a comprehensive live anthology to be released on bluray next year for the band's 50th anniversary. They are using the multi-track masters and the color pro-shot films for every single concert, starting the immense set with both September 7th, 1968 shows it has every concert they played and it ends, fittingly enough, with the July 7th, 1980 Berlin show. The tapes and film were discovered hidden in a sealed bunker connected to Peter Grant's basement after he passed away. The price for the 666 disc Blu-ray set has yet to be decided, but with demand expected to be immense J.P. Morgan reportedly will be making special financing options for Zeppelin fans who find the price tag daunting. We do know the title will be "Alpha > Omega" and there is also slated for release a special "Collector's Edition" with bonus discs containing pro shot video recordings of the Presence studio sessions, including over 7 hours of unreleased studio jams and alternate takes, all in full color. For both the live concert and the studio session bonus, each band member was filmed with two cameras, one fixed and one mobile. The upcoming Blu-ray set will reportedly allow the ability to choose a single camera or watch up to 4 simultaneously via split screen quartering even allowing real time camera switching while watching - thus allowing a visually different experience each viewing. It basically allows the user to be director and watch the same show in countless different ways - an entirely new concept in how to watch concert videos.
 This will be the first release of this scale by any band, once again Led Zeppelin will be leading the way for other bands to try and follow.

The first 50 sold come with chance to win an authentic gold plated toilet seat signed by John Bonham and Elvis !!

On 7/7/2017 at 8:35 AM, mrledhed said:

More than one person, and they don't know each other well.  Do you really think I can say their names publicly? I don't even do that privately.

What "outrageous" claims have I ever made here? The fact that Empress Valley has a whole lotta soundboards does not have to be considered an "insider" claim. Yes I know a bit more than I can say publicly, but it's superfluous as what I was told by various different folks I had already assumed before they even told me. You don't need inside info to see the game they are playing with what they release and hold back for later.

If you want to talk about "outrageous" claims ask that kid on R-O and TTD involved with the NOLA audience tape who claimed that he has Indy 1977 audience, a proshot video of Seattle 1975 (total bs), and a crap load of Presence outtakes that do not circulate. He also told me he had (or saw) a black and white pro shot video of 5/21/1977. Have I made any claims like that? No I have not.

Honestly NUTrocker, I always wondered if YOU are hoarding something big and you are trying to test people here to find out if anyone knows about it. I still think that. 

Hey, I'm the guy who has repeatedly called out that Javit kid over at RO about that Indy '77 tape...amazingly, I wasn't banned for it :lol:

You've made claims here over the years is all I'm saying (I'm too fucking lazy to search for 'em right now), and as other posters have pointed out, the way you present yerself is as some sort of trader insider. You don't wanna name names, fine- that's all you needed to say.

And, no, I ain't hoarding shit. Except for...

On 7/7/2017 at 5:14 PM, TMOQ said:

As for Nutrocker, I can only confirm that I have a feeling that he is absolutely, for sure, possibly is sitting on his master clones of The Bath Festival soundboard and the rough mixes for the album that was going to follow In Through the Out Door. 

How'd you find out? :lol::lol::lol:

On 7/8/2017 at 10:22 AM, mknopfler said:

Monterrey Pop Festival 1967 :)

In fact, it's well known around certain trading circles that Jimmy Page and Steve Hoffman have been "quietly" putting together a comprehensive live anthology to be released on bluray next year for the band's 50th anniversary. They are using the multi-track masters and the color pro-shot films for every single concert, starting the immense set with both September 7th, 1968 shows it has every concert they played and it ends, fittingly enough, with the July 7th, 1980 Berlin show. The tapes and film were discovered hidden in a sealed bunker connected to Peter Grant's basement after he passed away. The price for the 666 disc Blu-ray set has yet to be decided, but with demand expected to be immense J.P. Morgan reportedly will be making special financing options for Zeppelin fans who find the price tag daunting. We do know the title will be "Alpha > Omega" and there is also slated for release a special "Collector's Edition" with bonus discs containing pro shot video recordings of the Presence studio sessions, including over 7 hours of unreleased studio jams and alternate takes, all in full color. For both the live concert and the studio session bonus, each band member was filmed with two cameras, one fixed and one mobile. The upcoming Blu-ray set will reportedly allow the ability to choose a single camera or watch up to 4 simultaneously via split screen quartering even allowing real time camera switching while watching - thus allowing a visually different experience each viewing. It basically allows the user to be director and watch the same show in countless different ways - an entirely new concept in how to watch concert videos.
 This will be the first release of this scale by any band, once again Led Zeppelin will be leading the way for other bands to try and follow.

The first 50 sold come with chance to win an authentic gold plated toilet seat signed by John Bonham and Elvis !!

Excuse me, but you failed to mention the first 25 also come with a plaster cast of all four members...members, including shwetty-balls. Courtesy of Ms. Cynthia herself.

Oh, Sweet Home Chicago!!!

I participate in many auctions and trading circles and have not come across anything credible for "new"

quite the opposite.  Most are rehashed, reworked and frankly a disappointment. Many things being shopped as "sound boards" are not at all.  Think about it.  Do you really know what a sound board is? 

A seller recently listed some samples at a Miami collectibles auction of a supposedly new Houston77 recording and it was counterfeit.  Try before you buy.  I posted in another thread an ALS from Seattle 77 that is "new", it was a sample from a source that supposedly has a download only release in a month or so. He was trying to sell the entire thing for $8500.  In previous auctions he has been legit with his collectibles so we will see.  No one ponied up the cash for his Seattle77 and the item was withdrawn.

On 7/8/2017 at 4:53 AM, SymphonyX said:

The video of 5/21 exists along with 6/21 as well.   It's nothing but a Chess game of trading.  X will remain hoarded until someone steps up and releases Y and Z

Any footage of '77 (especially pro shot) is a holy grail for me.

However, I'm sorry but your claims seem outlandish, and that's putting it mildly. Got any sources to back up your statements? Sorry if I sound blunt but too many people over the years have made similar claims but nothing has ever come to fruition. 

no proshot of 6/21/77', but maybe a soundboard. Photos don't show cameras or screens. Same applies for 5/21/77. For the latter, the Aerosmith video from the late 70's shows that the cameras were up high, and pretty far from the stage, so nothings impossible, just very unlikely. Lets just hold out hope for 4/30/77 video, and realistic items like 5/31, NYC, and LA soundboards.

4 hours ago, tom kid said:

Any footage of '77 (especially pro shot) is a holy grail for me.

However, I'm sorry but your claims seem outlandish, and that's putting it mildly. Got any sources to back up your statements? Sorry if I sound blunt but too many people over the years have made similar claims but nothing has ever come to fruition. 

From what I've seen discussed in the past.  No big screen monitors present does not necessarily mean it was not filmed.  Private and Executive suites at these venues have been known to host video in those rooms.

11 minutes ago, SymphonyX said:

From what I've seen discussed in the past.  No big screen monitors present does not necessarily mean it was not filmed.  Private and Executive suites at these venues have been known to host video in those rooms.

Sorry, but I have to agree with other posters on this one, your claim is outlandish and is lacking in any evidence. Pretty much the same as your typical UFO sighting.

I seriously doubt any pro-shot video exists from 77' due to Zep's management team being higher than Jesus and more messed up on dope than Layne Staley during a binge on that particular tour. In fact it is a damn miracle the tour made it past the first leg, much less Grant having the capability to coordinate a filming crew or an audio van for recording. That whole tour was on auto-pilot from the get go.

Bottom line, there is jack shit from the 77' tour in regard to pro-shot or pro-recordings period. The absolute most we could possibly hope for is some shitty video feed from The Summit, Pontiac, etc to synch up to a boot or soundboard. So far all we have is the crappy, blurry, lame Seattle video footage which sucks IMO.

Once again, all due to grossly incompetent management in 77'.

1 hour ago, Dirty Work said:

If there was a Zeppelin Houston Summit '77 video, it would probably look like this. Doubtful, but never say never.

I think footage like this is the source of the Houston/Landover '77 video rumors actually.

summit.jpg

Archived