New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

4 hours ago, Dallas Knebs said:

summit.jpg

I'll second the "more info please" post. 
Also, how do we get it released ?  
Does cash work for these things or do you need something else to trade for it ?
 gimme, gimme, gimme....  :)

Dave lists the following shows as being taped and specifically cites them being recorded on CCTV.  Pontiac Silverdome, April 30 1977 The Summit, May 21 1977 Capital Center, May 30 1977 Kingdome, July 17 1977  

Dave has taken a great deal of guff for this assertion over the years. You won't find me at the front of the line for DL nor do I believe every word he prints is fact. However...

KHOU news cast 5/21/77 showed a short clip of video of LZ during the encore and the news anchor said,"Just as Led Zeppelin began their encore song their guitarist took a nasty spill while retaking the stage. He got right up with a big smile and Led Zeppelin continue to rock The Summit in Houston in Houston tonight much to the delight of their fans."  The Summit was state of the art for the day and the venue had video cameras for the sports teams and for broadcasts and CCTV for security and common areas. Obviously.  Betamax.  Who would have thought.

Back on thread tho...

2 hours ago, cosmic_juice said:

Hey Dallas how ya doing? Could this pic be elaborated on? Source? Im not a skeptic just intrigued. Plus when i zoom in its hard to tell if the year is 1977 or 1979?

The date is definitely 5/21/77

3 hours ago, Dallas Knebs said:

KHOU news cast 5/21/77 showed a short clip of video of LZ during the encore and the news anchor said,"Just as Led Zeppelin began their encore song their guitarist took a nasty spill while retaking the stage. He got right up with a big smile and Led Zeppelin continue to rock The Summit in Houston in Houston tonight much to the delight of their fans." 

You have seen this footage?

12 hours ago, Walter said:

IMG_1236.JPG

Walter does this mean we now have a release date or not? Believe it or not, I've not actually heard this show before, so I'm really looking forward to the SBD release.

I'm sure everybody in this discussion has heard the old story about the guy (some professional athlete I think) who claimed he had the Houston '77 pro-shot video and would show it at parties...

1 hour ago, Nutrocker said:

I'm sure everybody in this discussion has heard the old story about the guy (some professional athlete I think) who claimed he had the Houston '77 pro-shot video and would show it at parties...

New Years Eve Parties even, if I'm not mistaken. I've seen that one repeated here on more than one occasion, as you can tell by me remembering that it was new years eve parties.

I don't expect anything further to come out pro shot wise from '77, it's been 40 years since the tour. If it was by some miracle to actually exist I would be over the moon however.

8 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Walter does this mean we now have a release date or not? Believe it or not, I've not actually heard this show before, so I'm really looking forward to the SBD release.

The advertisement was from the Led Zep News twitter feed this past Monday.  

6 hours ago, tom kid said:

New Years Eve Parties even, if I'm not mistaken. I've seen that one repeated here on more than one occasion, as you can tell by me remembering that it was new years eve parties.

I don't expect anything further to come out pro shot wise from '77, it's been 40 years since the tour. If it was by some miracle to actually exist I would be over the moon however.

OJ Simpson with a projector screen and a mound of coke.

Just release the damned thing already. We're not getting any younger.

As for the other argument, 1977 Seattle and Pontiac we have definite proof and verification of pro-shot existing. Seattle circulates, Pontiac does not.

I have trouble believing Landover and Houston pro-shot exists. Nothing written or photographed about those concerts suggests any videotaping going on. At best, I can see Houston using its inhouse CCTV system. But all that required was turning the cameras and video screen on...it does not mean someone recorded the feed onto a tape.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Just release the damned thing already. We're not getting any younger.

As for the other argument, 1977 Seattle and Pontiac we have definite proof and verification of pro-shot existing. Seattle circulates, Pontiac does not.

I have trouble believing Landover and Houston pro-shot exists. Nothing written or photographed about those concerts suggests any videotaping going on. At best, I can see Houston using its inhouse CCTV system. But all that required was turning the cameras and video screen on...it does not mean someone recorded the feed onto a tape.

I'm betting the Houston 1977 tape does exist, so many of the shows from that venue in the same time frame are circulating already - that show would be the most valuable to a collector so it's not being made public yet makes some sense. If persons were taping those other shows using the in-house CCTV system, then they sure as hell would tape Led f-ing Zeppelin, right ? They were the biggest band of that time....

Too bad the Houston show isn't on par with the Fort Worth show from the following night. The Ft Worth No quarter kicks ass, while Houston No Quarter is a big disappointment to me. It should have been soooo much better.

wow, some of this has me really excited thinking a 5/21/77 COULD exist. The soundboard sounds different than other '77 soundboards. Can anyone ID that '77 screenshot? Seattle?

Now, if (if) a 5/30/77 video exists, I'm going to flip the fuck out. That soundboard is probably my most listened to boot, ever, since i've started collecting. Like the LA and NYC '77 run, it shows 1977 was a great year for the band. Just wasn't consistent.

1977 kicks ass. The band really broke out from their mold, the standard 73-75 sound and style.

Archived