New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

3 minutes ago, Dirty Work said:

Please be true. Please be true.

the screens at the summit were way way way up high and pretty certain not visible from that vantage point.  Unless I am missing what you are seeing which could absolutely happen.

1 hour ago, Dallas Knebs said:

correct on all counts

Sum77.jpg

The resolution seems to fit the other recorded performances from other bands availabe. I believe as Dallas Knebs says... He knows and its all a matter of time. Well... Hopefully. Fun stuff

7 minutes ago, Dirty Work said:

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

In the first pic I do see the screen up high but the other two with what you are describing is just lighting and rigging and not something on a screen. But i do believe there is a recording on betamax as Dallas Knebs shows.

Most likely lighting or I'm imagining it. You look at anything long enough and you'll see something. Lol

1st pic is pretty convincing, surprised all these years of browsing Zeppelin forums nobody's ever brought that photo up.

A user here called 'The Rover' who was at the show has said many times that there was no video on the screen. This doesn't mean however that the private box screens weren't on.

Okay, let us say that there is a tape of the Houston Summit show (actually, let us throw in the Pontiac Silverdome videotape in as well).

Therefore, the question then becomes why have these tapes not circulated like RAH 1970, Earls Court 1975, Seattle 1977, and Knebworth 1979?

Answer #1: These tapes are in the band's possession under strict lock and key. For whatever reason, unlike Seattle '77, no Showco or venue employee was able to abscond with a purloined copy of the tapes.

Answer #2: The person(s) who have these tapes are hoarding them.

Which leads to this question: Why hoard them at this late date?

Answer #1: The person who has these tapes may not realize it. He or she may have stashed them away so long ago that they either have forgotten they have them to begin with or have forgotten where they stashed them. Or they could have been lost in a fire, flood, other disaster...or the hoarder(s) have died and the relatives threw it away, not realizing what the tapes were.

Answer #2: The hoarder(s) like feeling special and lording it over other fans and have no intention of ever letting these tapes see the light of day. It's a fair assumption that these people are not Led Zeppelin fans and, in fact, revel in making Led Zeppelin fans miserable.

Answer #3: They will release the tapes for circulation...for the right price.

If Answer #3 is the one, then that leads to this question: What are they waiting for?

The age of first-hand Led Zeppelin fans, the ones who were there as the band lived and saw their concerts and bought the original bootlegs is getting long in the tooth. At age 55, I represent the youngish edge of that generation.

Each succeeding generation from X to Y to the Millennials is more and more indoctrinated with the idea that everything is for free. They aren't going to pay for a fancy dvd set put out by EVSD...not when they can wait for someone to seed a torrent or upload it on youtube.

The bootleg companies are in it to make money. As more and more of the generation willing to pay for bootlegs dies off and is replaced by younger generations less inclined to pay, how is a bootleg company going to make its money back? What reason is there for EVSD or whoever to pay a princely sum to whomever is holding the Houston or Pontiac tapes for ransom the more time goes by?

The time to sell the tapes was a decade or so ago in the flush of excitement over the O2 reunion, or even earlier when the 2003 official DVD compilation was released. With each passing year, more and more potential buyers die off, shrinking the profit margin for whichever company pays for the tapes. So the hoarders are kidding themselves if they think they are sitting on a goldmine and that the longer they wait the bigger the payoff.

Pretty soon, most of us will be either dead or too old to care and they'll be lucky to get fuck-all for the tapes.

FCK this conversation is getting old!!! Its not out there!! ROVER stated the show WAS NOT on the big screen!! You can see in the pics of the Summit there are NO suites and NO cameras. . This is a pipe dream. . As much as I want it and the other 20-50 of us that want it, Strider broke it down. . Im giving this a .1% chance and this might be too much. . 

Hell, I'm not gonna lie- I've never really given two shits about a Houston '77 video...I think it's a mediocre performance to begin with (I actually think Seattle is better) so if I never have any urge to listen to the soundboard recording, most likely I'd watch the fucking video once and that'd be it.

Pontiac, on the other hand, is a different story. I'd watch that more than once, if for no other reason but that the video would have better sound than the goddamn audience recording! Remember that yahoo here a few years back who claimed that Peter Grant ordered the Pontiac video footage destroyed? :lol: 

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Okay, let us say that there is a tape of the Houston Summit show (actually, let us throw in the Pontiac Silverdome videotape in as well).

Therefore, the question then becomes why have these tapes not circulated like RAH 1970, Earls Court 1975, Seattle 1977, and Knebworth 1979?

Answer #1: These tapes are in the band's possession under strict lock and key. For whatever reason, unlike Seattle '77, no Showco or venue employee was able to abscond with a purloined copy of the tapes.

Answer #2: The person(s) who have these tapes are hoarding them.

Which leads to this question: Why hoard them at this late date?

Answer #1: The person who has these tapes may not realize it. He or she may have stashed them away so long ago that they either have forgotten they have them to begin with or have forgotten where they stashed them. Or they could have been lost in a fire, flood, other disaster...or the hoarder(s) have died and the relatives threw it away, not realizing what the tapes were.

Answer #2: The hoarder(s) like feeling special and lording it over other fans and have no intention of ever letting these tapes see the light of day. It's a fair assumption that these people are not Led Zeppelin fans and, in fact, revel in making Led Zeppelin fans miserable.

Answer #3: They will release the tapes for circulation...for the right price.

If Answer #3 is the one, then that leads to this question: What are they waiting for?

The age of first-hand Led Zeppelin fans, the ones who were there as the band lived and saw their concerts and bought the original bootlegs is getting long in the tooth. At age 55, I represent the youngish edge of that generation.

Each succeeding generation from X to Y to the Millennials is more and more indoctrinated with the idea that everything is for free. They aren't going to pay for a fancy dvd set put out by EVSD...not when they can wait for someone to seed a torrent or upload it on youtube.

The bootleg companies are in it to make money. As more and more of the generation willing to pay for bootlegs dies off and is replaced by younger generations less inclined to pay, how is a bootleg company going to make its money back? What reason is there for EVSD or whoever to pay a princely sum to whomever is holding the Houston or Pontiac tapes for ransom the more time goes by?

The time to sell the tapes was a decade or so ago in the flush of excitement over the O2 reunion, or even earlier when the 2003 official DVD compilation was released. With each passing year, more and more potential buyers die off, shrinking the profit margin for whichever company pays for the tapes. So the hoarders are kidding themselves if they think they are sitting on a goldmine and that the longer they wait the bigger the payoff.

Pretty soon, most of us will be either dead or too old to care and they'll be lucky to get fuck-all for the tapes.

This pretty much sums it all up.

But as I've said before, never say never in the world of Led zeppelin. Probability is very low, but Houston and Pontiac could still exist.

I contacted a reputable source last year who was in close contact with ex-show co employees and said he had seen a high quality 20-minute video of a 77 soundcheck. But I'm in the I'll believe when I see it camp. 

Until then it's all fake Moon landings, JFK conspiracies and Loch Ness monsters.

3 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

This pretty much sums it all up.in the world of Led zeppelin. Probability is very low, but Houston and Pontiac could still exist.

I contacted a reputable source last year who was in close contact with ex-show co employees and said he had seen a high quality 20-minute video of a 77 soundcheck. But I'm in the I'll believe when I see it camp. 

Until then it's all fake Moon landings, JFK conspiracies and Loch Ness monsters.

:o Nessie doesn't exist !!!! :boohoo:

13 hours ago, mknopfler said:

Dammit, Dallas is Yankin' chains. I did a quick search of "Seattle 77 Led Zeppelin"

the pic he posted is obviously cropped from the one that came up in my search. 

For shame !! 

IMG_9009.JPG

IMG_9010.JPG

Nice job bro!!   Looks like Dallas Kneb is full of crap.  Lol.  

2 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Nice job bro!!   Looks like Dallas Kneb is full of crap.  Lol.  

Yeah, he sure is. What's lame is I had actual hopes from the pics he posted of the betamax Houston tape and the Zurich tape. :(

Dallas Knebs peddles snake oil !!

16 hours ago, mknopfler said:

Dammit, Dallas is Yankin' chains. I did a quick search of "Seattle 77 Led Zeppelin"

the pic he posted is obviously cropped from the one that came up in my search. 

For shame !! 

IMG_9009.JPG

IMG_9010.JPG

Some just like to stir the pot and get attention.  These avenues have been traveled down many times, on this site, over the years.  

We can still hold out hope for a Pontiac '77 video which was a better performance than that lame Houston show anyway. Truth be told that upcoming 03-21-75 sbd is going to give much more pleasure than a video of Houston 1977 would.
 How about the Cap Center shows ? That last one is pretty good....any chance there is video of that one ?  Does anyone remember seeing screens at the show or in any photos from the 3 nights ? We need a video documenting the 1977 tour that is better than the lackluster Seattle show we've had for ages.
 Please God !!

How about Zurich 1980, any photos with video cameras or screens ?  There is the short audience shot video, I'll need to watch it again for any evidence of video recording going on.

2 hours ago, mknopfler said:

We can still hold out hope for a Pontiac '77 video which was a better performance than that lame Houston show anyway. Truth be told that upcoming 03-21-75 sbd is going to give much more pleasure than a video of Houston 1977 would.
 How about the Cap Center shows ? That last one is pretty good....any chance there is video of that one ?  Does anyone remember seeing screens at the show or in any photos from the 3 nights ? We need a video documenting the 1977 tour that is better than the lackluster Seattle show we've had for ages.
 Please God !!

How about Zurich 1980, any photos with video cameras or screens ?  There is the short audience shot video, I'll need to watch it again for any evidence of video recording going on.

I believe the "story" about one of the 1980 shows being shot with an in house camera on a tripod at the back of the arena started at the Hotel.    Never has there been any proof or any other versions of this story other than that.   

I highly doubt one exists.  

Archived