New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

1 hour ago, Strider said:

What goes around comes around. It's like playing whack-a-mole at this point.

Yep. I knew the date was just too coincidental - unless it was the release date of the new '75 Seattle SB to make it a (sort of) trilogy for that city & date.

Have you guys seen the poster over at the hotel, er...maybe it was here....claiming to have heard multi-tracks from Seattle 1973 ? That show is one of the best from the US tour (IMO) and the D&C especially is just terrific.
So, is there any evidence to support the claims being made, or is this more internet fluffery, Ala, Dallas Knebs and his Houston & Zurich video hoaxes ?
If it is true, those tapes just shot up my list of Led Zeppelin live desires.

5 hours ago, mknopfler said:

Have you guys seen the poster over at the hotel, er...maybe it was here....claiming to have heard multi-tracks from Seattle 1973 ? That show is one of the best from the US tour (IMO) and the D&C especially is just terrific.
So, is there any evidence to support the claims being made, or is this more internet fluffery, Ala, Dallas Knebs and his Houston & Zurich video hoaxes ?
If it is true, those tapes just shot up my list of Led Zeppelin live desires.

I saw that.

Something tells me had Prez still been around that post would've been nuked in 2.2.

14 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Must've gone the way of the rapture of 2011.

Ah yes...May 21, 2011. I remember that, I think that was the last time I listened to the Houston '77 show actually :lol:

2 hours ago, LedElvis75 said:

I saw that.

Something tells me had Prez still been around that post would've been nuked in 2.2.

Why, because somebody making claims they couldn't necessarily back up would remind Peterson of his own past transgressions?

Is anyone here familiar with how long the shipping from Japan to the USA takes ? It seems like I've been waiting for this show to drop for eons already, and now the last & longest wait of all, for it to magically appear in the post all the way from Japan.
I'm seriously taking a vacation to Japan when the LTTE tape drops so I can be in line when the bootleg shops open in the morning.  :P

10 minutes ago, mknopfler said:

Is anyone here familiar with how long the shipping from Japan to the USA takes ? It seems like I've been waiting for this show to drop for eons already, and now the last & longest wait of all, for it to magically appear in the post all the way from Japan.
I'm seriously taking a vacation to Japan when the LTTE tape drops so I can be in line when the bootleg shops open in the morning.  :P

Been a few years since I've actually bought silvers from Eric, due to him using PayPal now and my account being jacked up.

If I remember correctly, about a week.  Maybe even up to 10 days.

17 minutes ago, LedElvis75 said:

If I remember correctly, about a week.  Maybe even up to 10 days.

A minute seems like a lifetime, baby when I feel this way
Sittin', lookin' at the clock, time moves so slow
I've been watchin' for the hands to move
Until I just can't look no more....

On 7/18/2017 at 11:32 AM, JTM said:

Maybe so, but Eelgrass pressed their silvers from a free download of the EV disc, EV had to pay for their recording. So in my book that makes Eelgrass a bunch of rip off merchants.

I agree and have literally spent 1000 s on original EV, TARANTURA, And Vinyl Gang cds. Occasionally my budget gets tight ?

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Love it. The guys who initially sell it are bootleggers, eel grass are bootleggers, but EV are just business guys trying to make good on an illegal investment. :lol: 

Yep...funny how that works, innit? :lol: 

On 7/19/2017 at 1:17 AM, Nutrocker said:

Ah yes...May 21, 2011. I remember that, I think that was the last time I listened to the Houston '77 show actually :lol:

Why, because somebody making claims they couldn't necessarily back up would remind Peterson of his own past transgressions?

Rightly or wrongly that was his way... that's all I was saying.

On 7/19/2017 at 5:17 PM, Nutrocker said:

Man, I really rate Houston '77 though that may be because it was one of the first soundboards of '77 I listened to (I am only 27 after all!). I think that No Quarter in particular smokes, I'll never forget blasting it with a good friend after a number of vodkas and a couple of joints through an amazing sounding stereo on an island with hardly anyone else around. In My Time of Dying is also really good IMO. Hmmm might have to dig this one up off whichever harddrive I've got it on and have a listen while I'm doing my weekly cooking session tomorrow...

5 hours ago, No Quota said:

The new soundboard has arrived. 

"Now in stock"!

Won't  be long now folks. 

Wahoo !!  :D
You can put me down as still very interested in this release !! Over 3 hours of top notch, 1975 Physical Graffiti Tour, Live Led Zeppelin in soundboard quality ?   YES PLEEEEEEZ !!

19 hours ago, No Quota said:

The new soundboard has arrived. 

"Now in stock"!

Won't  be long now folks. 

Prepare to be underwhelmed, another dry 1975 sounboard that is 95% mono despite the blurb claims that it is perfect stereo.

6 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

I hope you are wrong JTM.

I'm confident that I am right, every other 75 SBD, the only parts that are noticeably stereo are Jimmy's bow solo and a little of the mid section of Moby Dick.

2 hours ago, JTM said:

Prepare to be underwhelmed, another dry 1975 sounboard that is 95% mono despite the blurb claims that it is perfect stereo.

Dry? Really? The'75 boards sound pretty good. '77 on the other hand.......

3 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Yes, dry flat and lifeless, though I really like MSG 2/12/75, that one is really brought to life with the "Bluecongo" matrix "Four Blocks in the Snow"..

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Yes, dry flat and lifeless, though I really like MSG 2/12/75, that one is really brought to life with the "Bluecongo" matrix "Four Blocks in the Snow"..

Dry, flat...but lifeless. No sir! these 75 boards are the most enjoyable live recordings (except the Millard AUD tapes) to introduce your unknowing friends to Zep's post 72 live universe.

Yes there are other great sounding  sources (Fillmore, Texas, Paris 1969, Montreux 70, BB Hill, Japan 71/72, Europe  73), but a nice US 75 SB compilation, will impress any newbie.In fact I find it really hard to play a 1971, 1973 UK/US, 1977 or 1980 SB CD after I've digested  a decent shot of Nassau Col./Dallas/Vancouver from 1975. They have power, great balance and fidelity and warmth you just don't find in73, 77 or 80 boards. Yes I'm LONGING for Seattle 3/21

15 minutes ago, duckman said:

Dry, flat...but lifeless. No sir! these 75 boards are the most enjoyable live recordings (except the Millard AUD tapes) to introduce your unknowing friends to Zep's post 72 live universe.

Yes there are other great sounding  sources (Fillmore, Texas, Paris 1969, Montreux 70, BB Hill, Japan 71/72, Europe  73), but a nice US 75 SB compilation, will impress any newbie.In fact I find it really hard to play a 1971, 1973 UK/US, 1977 or 1980 SB CD after I've digested  a decent shot of Nassau Col./Dallas/Vancouver from 1975. They have power, great balance and fidelity and warmth you just don't find in73, 77 or 80 boards. Yes I'm LONGING for Seattle 3/21

Well we all have our own likes and dislikes, but as far as introducing live shows to a newbie I would go more for 69 to 73, I would not go anywhere near 75 and beyond. In fact last night I was listening to Fillmore West 10 Jan 69, now that's a REALLY good place to start.

3 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

The 75 soundboards are some of the best I've heard in terms of depth and warmth. Take a listen to 77 for dry, and throw in the crappy no-bottom Alembic bass for good measure.

The 1975 boards are better than most, certainly not dry and lifeless. Fort Worth 1975 sounds great.
The guitar playing and singing are more off than the recording quality of some 1975 boards, but I happen to love the Physical Graffiti Tour.

Archived