Hard To Find Photos

ThreeSticks

1 hour ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Surely they can't of organised the North American tour sold the tickets and not done a shoot. But knowing these lot anythings possible.

Maybe they were going to use the Knebworth shots to promote the tour. 

I believe the rehearsal on Sep 25, 1980 was the first time the four were in the same room since returning from Berlin in July. 

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I believe the rehearsal on Sep 25, 1980 was the first time the four were in the same room since returning from Berlin in July. 

Personally I've seen 80' as a really intriguing time. Because it was unlike no other time in Zeppelin history the excess made the boys mellow and quiet down but we never got to see the force of that. Personally I think the mellowing would of made for some incredible music and I know Jimmy's ears were strongly in tune the small 1980 Europe tour is one of my favourites for the sound and colossal nature of it. The dinosaurs were back and were going to stomp all over the globe whilst strutting to the riff of Train Kept A Rollin!

Such a huge huge shame we didn't see what could of been but what is and what should never be ay

• Administrators

On 2/26/2017 at 10:23 PM, KellyGirl said:

I don't have any pictures of the requests above, but I see this photograph and want to ask if
it's real? I know the band did the PEOPLE  magazine cover,  however the sunglasses don't
strike me as John Bonham. 

Then again it was the late '70s

tumblr_nta9ivjhih1uxy2owo1_500.jpg

On 3/8/2017 at 6:49 AM, SteveAJones said:

Possibly photo shopped. Either that or a gag shot...something to lighten the mood a bit. The photo shoot was done circa October 1976 in NYC or LA while they were promoting the release of TSRTS.

grooves76.jpg

Real.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Ah, of course! The Grooves magazine cover. 

Thank god it was not Blue Boy, Bonzo's shades would have been the least worrisome fashion choice of that shoot.

On 3/31/2017 at 7:23 PM, IpMan said:

Thank god it was not Blue Boy, Bonzo's shades would have been the least worrisome fashion choice of that shoot.

C'mon man .... you know you got a pair of those " Foster Grants" hahaha:lol:

6 hours ago, Wally Hood said:

C'mon man .... you know you got a pair of those " Foster Grants" hahaha:lol:

Foster Grants, some Buster Brown's and plaid bell bottoms and I am SET !!! Ready to groove baby...

Any photos of Zeppelin at any of the Playboy clubs ?  NYC or London ?  Amazon just released a cool documentary series on the history of Playboy and I came across 1 photo in '73 in NYC but it's really blurry.     Any stories about them visiting the club too or if it was closed private party or celebs ?

A while ago there was some auction on Bonhams that had bunch of nudies and sex acts going on at a strip club.  Think they were getting awards too during the same night at the club.

13 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

Any photos of Zeppelin at any of the Playboy clubs ?  NYC or London ?  Amazon just released a cool documentary series on the history of Playboy and I came across 1 photo in '73 in NYC but it's really blurry.  Any stories about them visiting the club too or if it was closed private party or celebs ?

Are you sure that one blurry photo features any of them? Regardless, the Playboy Clubs were never really their scene.

Yea that's the picture I saw.  Did a search after watching the film and came across that.  They look like they are having a total blast.   Of all the times they went to Los Angeles, I think there is a great chance they definitely stopped by the Playboy Mansion. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 9:16 PM, SymphonyX said:

Yea that's the picture I saw.  Did a search after watching the film and came across that.  They look like they are having a total blast.   Of all the times they went to Los Angeles, I think there is a great chance they definitely stopped by the Playboy Mansion. 

I doubt it. That would of been fairly well documented. 

25 minutes ago, Amstel said:

^

^

^

That's pretty cool seeing Bonham in a Chicago Blackhawk hockey sweater.

That's a great shot. Looks like that's Mick Hinton dressed as a droogie. There are several pics of Bonzo on the plane with the Hawks sweater too. He must've been testing out the tuning or a new head. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived