Did Zep rehearse any new material in 1979-1980?

After the release of ITTOD, is it known if Zep jammed on or rehearsed even one single lick, riff or anything instrumental? You figure Zeppelin lasted for an entire year after the release of ITTOD. Are there no known songs or even riffs, sketches, that date from the period after the ITTOD sessions to September 1980?

1 hour ago, 76229 said:

Page said Shake my Tree, which ended up on the Coverdale Page album, came from a jam around that time, and was considered for inclusion on ITTOD, but didn't make the cut.

No, I believe he said it was the ITTOD sessions when this happened, not after.

2 hours ago, 76229 said:

Page said Shake my Tree, which ended up on the Coverdale Page album, came from a jam around that time, and was considered for inclusion on ITTOD, but didn't make the cut.

He meant the riffing dates to the ITTOD sessions. It isn't as if it evolved into a fully formed song--it certainly did not.

There is a drum track from the isolated Bonham Polar sessions that I don't recognize. Been wondering what this tune was ever since first hearing these tracks years ago. You can hear Jones synth in the background. It's the first track here from 0:00 to 2:14.  Anyone know what tune is this?? Wonder if they worked on this post '79? This is just incredible BTW! Its like Godzilla playing drums. Devastating sound and groove, laying waste to all in its path!

9 hours ago, ThreeSticks said:

One section of the drumming clearly sounds like Ozone Baby.

Yes, but I'm referring to the first two minutes. I can't make out any relation to any other tune known from the ITTOD sessions. I guess it's a mystery tune. 

Could be just a warm up jam.

For years I had been hoping that there was a studio version of "Fire," but the song must've been dumped before they went to Sweden. They never completed it. Plus, they already had too many tracks for the record anyway.

Archived