2017 NFL Thread

Walter

In the immortal words of Perry Ferrell.... "HERE WE GO!"

Today marked the start of the 2017 fiscal NFL year.  Soooo many moves made today.  I would guess 75% are going to be busts.  Spending major money in free agency never seems to work out.

Taters are goin' down the tubes.  What an incredibly dysfunctional team they are (I was going to say dysfunctional organization, but they are in no way organized!)

hahahahahahahahahaha

i simply don't know if i can handle the Patriots dominating the NFL for yet ANOTHER season of 14+ wins and probable Superbowl while poor pRicky and the Buffalo Bills roil through another year among the league's sewage....

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 7:27 AM, Metta said:

i simply don't know if i can handle the Patriots dominating the NFL for yet ANOTHER season of 14+ wins and probable Superbowl while poor pRicky and the Buffalo Bills roil through another year among the league's sewage....

I can?

On 3/12/2017 at 7:27 AM, Metta said:

All things come to and end eventually.  For some reason I am getting every single piece of news for the Rams, my second favorite team.  I must have set up one of the alerts without knowing.  New England rarely wins it two in a row.  They got whacked by Denver two years back.  They have been blessed with some of their wins.  Like the last two Super Bowls they won were ridiculous.  Give aways

On 3/27/2017 at 2:03 PM, paul carruthers said:

How does Atlanta ever recover from that--choking away a victory parade in the biggest game of that franchise? I hope they never recover--or am I bitter?  :mad:

:D

It sucks.   To see those cheating dirt bags get off the hook.  Anyway, Strider is going to have to accept that the Raiders are moving to Vegas in two years.  ITs a done deal.  just like when they sent the Rams to ST Lois which pissed me off.  But you never know, it might not be permanent.  But Vegas is getting an NHL team first.  The Golden Knights start play next year.  Will be interesting to see how much of the fan base is actually from Nevada or if they will count on the tourist market?  If I was spending 5 nights in Vegas I would go.  Especially if my team from Buffalo was in town.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/234430/patriots-financial-commitment-to-stephon-gilmore-is-biggest-surprise-of-free-agency-in-afc-east

New England has finally made their fatal error that will come back to haunt them.  Are you F?????ing kidding me???  Gilmore signing a big contract there?  What are they smoking?  The guy has killed us so many times with his horrible defense.  I  cant wait to see him leave.  This is a huge mistake by New England.  

18 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Still holding out hope that the Patriots will fall. I admire your optimism Rick, really...

Its a fact that Gilmore sucks.  Why would they covet that piece of garbage?  Unreal.  They have made a big mistake.  The Bills need to throw at him all day.  He has killed us more times than I can count.

On 3/27/2017 at 7:10 AM, paul carruthers said:

The Las Vegas Raiders--don't sound quite right somehow, no-how....

:wacko:

La La Vega Land.

Why didn't they just relocate to Baker, CA? It's halfway between L.A. and Vegas. Fuckin' teams have no scruples when it comes to truckloads of money. 

So you're exponentially a capitalist in every form of society but when it comes to professional sports, which is capitalism in its truest form (and should be), you want billionaires to consider the wants and feelings of regular, everyday people.  Wow.  You need to figure some things out, imo.

I really don't have an opinion on the Raiders move, except money rules everything.  A generation ago the mere suggestion of a team in Vegas made the NFL cringe.  All part of the move towards legalized sports betting nation-wide.  Got to admit one thing though....there's going to be a hell of a Super Bowl party someday.   Also makes you wonder why the Athletics stick around.  Every time we played them in the playoffs there were empty seats, and that stadium was a monstrosity 30 years ago.

My Lions appear to be serious about developing a running game.  Two free agents (Wagner & T.J. Lang) rebuilds the right side of our line.  I also like that we took Green Bay's best offensive lineman.  I can't stand our TE situation.  Eric Ebron has worn out his welcome.  He was supposed to be a deep threat and that's hardly the case.  He's also yet to conquer his severe case of the drops.  Aaron Rodgers now has a tight end to throw to....that can't be good.  We need a linebacker really bad somewhere in this draft.  If the Lions draft Jabrill Peppers in the 1st round, I'm going to be pissed off.  He wasn't even the best secondary player in the Big Ten.  All Michigan hype, and his Heisman nomination was a joke. (I probably just guaranteed he becomes the next Deion Sanders...lol....we call that 'Lion Luck'.)

FSU's rb, Delvin Cooks is rumored to be your #1 pick, bongman.  But rumors aren't worth shit, as I'm sure you already know, when it comes to the draft.  He is a great back though, that's for sure.

On 3/30/2017 at 5:02 PM, Walter said:

So you're exponentially a capitalist in every form of society but when it comes to professional sports, which is capitalism in its truest form (and should be), you want billionaires to consider the wants and feelings of regular, everyday people.  Wow.  You need to figure some things out, imo.

Who asked you?

Owner loyalty to the fans? Only in Green Bay it seems.

Let's see....The next move should be New England to San Diego........Buffalo to Miami.......Baltimore to San Francisco......Trump enters NFL with new team. The Atlantic City Gold!!

Tick, tick, tick.

9 hours ago, Walter said:

FSU's rb, Delvin Cooks is rumored to be your #1 pick, bongman.  But rumors aren't worth shit, as I'm sure you already know, when it comes to the draft.  He is a great back though, that's for sure.

That wouldn't bother me a bit.  I like Zak Zenner though.  I think he's the type of guy who's going to get better in his second year.  Considering the situation he was thrown in, he did quite well for a rookie from North Dakota.   I can't manage a bit of hate for New England as long as Aaron Rodgers is around.  Witnessing the "Miracle in Motown" still ticks me off.  I will forever remember walking up the aisle and seeing the look on those cheeseheads' faces......Grrrrr.   :mad:    I'm like Rick....Decapitation may be required.  :lol:

11 hours ago, redrum said:

Who asked you?

Owner loyalty to the fans? Only in Green Bay it seems.

Let's see....The next move should be New England to San Diego........Buffalo to Miami.......Baltimore to San Francisco......Trump enters NFL with new team. The Atlantic City Gold!!

Tick, tick, tick.

You did by posting. Everything is up for debate. After 8K+ posts, I would've thought you'd figured that one out...

I doubt Trump would ever be allowed into the NFL.  Especially after the way he ran the USFL into bankruptcy, - because of his ego.  Hmmm, that reminds me of....  Tick, tick, tick...

;):D 

6 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

That wouldn't bother me a bit.  I like Zak Zenner though.  I think he's the type of guy who's going to get better in his second year.  Considering the situation he was thrown in, he did quite well for a rookie from North Dakota.   I can't manage a bit of hate for New England as long as Aaron Rodgers is around.  Witnessing the "Miracle in Motown" still ticks me off.  I will forever remember walking up the aisle and seeing the look on those cheeseheads' faces......Grrrrr.   :mad:    I'm like Rick....Decapitation may be required.  :lol:

I almost forgot about Zenner. He did do a very good job late in the season.  I remember he had a huge half against my cowboys.  I spread my hate evenly around the league - a little extra for Philly, Washington, and NYG.  

Archived