2017 NFL Thread

Walter

24 minutes ago, Walter said:

You did by posting. Everything is up for debate. After 8K+ posts, I would've thought you'd figured that one out...

I doubt Trump would ever be allowed into the NFL.  Especially after the way he ran the USFL into bankruptcy, - because of his ego.  Hmmm, that reminds me of....  Tick, tick, tick...

;):D 

OK.

On 4/1/2017 at 9:45 AM, Bong-Man said:

That wouldn't bother me a bit.  I like Zak Zenner though.  I think he's the type of guy who's going to get better in his second year.  Considering the situation he was thrown in, he did quite well for a rookie from North Dakota.   I can't manage a bit of hate for New England as long as Aaron Rodgers is around.  Witnessing the "Miracle in Motown" still ticks me off.  I will forever remember walking up the aisle and seeing the look on those cheeseheads' faces......Grrrrr.   :mad:    I'm like Rick....Decapitation may be required.  :lol:

It still sickens me too.  I had money on the Lions that night.  I thought it was sealed and done.  I was counting my money.  

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Walter said:

Plenty of players missing from the Patriots visit to the White House.  I think I'm finally beginning to like this team...

IMG_1632.JPG

Well they did something right.  They are not the ones that bought off the refs and fixed the game over the last decade with all of their crooked dealings.  Krafts is  a criminal, and he belongs with Trump.  They go together like traffic and weather.  Lets see what they do this year?  Likely wining and dining the officials as I type.  And they are probably trying to get Lynch and Sherman signed.  Two bad boys that want a piece of the pie.  Dont worry boys, you can do anything you want.  Krafts will protect you. And pay no attention to that guy that runs around acting like the boss.  His name is Belecheck.  He is stealing the films of all upcoming opponents.  He has the water boy in on it likely

I see the Bills finish at the Patriots and at the Dolphins.  Looks like another season missing the playoffs, if they are even close at that point.  Play the Pats twice in the last 5 weeks...ouch!

18 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well they did something right.  They are not the ones that bought off the refs and fixed the game over the last decade with all of their crooked dealings.  Krafts is  a criminal, and he belongs with Trump.  They go together like traffic and weather.  Lets see what they do this year?  Likely wining and dining the officials as I type.  And they are probably trying to get Lynch and Sherman signed.  Two bad boys that want a piece of the pie.  Dont worry boys, you can do anything you want.  Krafts will protect you. And pay no attention to that guy that runs around acting like the boss.  His name is Belecheck.  He is stealing the films of all upcoming opponents.  He has the water boy in on it likely

Keep fighting that good fight Rick.. I've heard it was the Illuminati that keeps the Patriots winning. I mean look at Brady, hasn't aged a day in 17 years. We're talking Anti-Christ of epic proportions..

10 minutes ago, the chase said:

Keep fighting that good fight Rick.. I've heard it was the Illuminati that keeps the Patriots winning. I mean look at Brady, hasn't aged a day in 17 years. We're talking Anti-Christ of epic proportions..

It took you long enough? LOL. I can always count on ruffling your feathers:lol:

^^

I think Buffalo and the Browns made good decisions by not taking one of those QBs.  They're all raw and needed development.  Considering both teams need help in other areas, it was the right thing to do.  I question Cleveland using that traded down pick on Peppers though.  Too much uncertainty for a team that needs just about everything.

The Bears made a ballsy move.....I hope it doesn't work out for them. 

Quite happy with the Lions' pick of LB Davis.  We needed a Levy replacement, and we need a play caller/leader on defense.

I eventually turned to the NFL Network instead of ESPN....less entertainment, more info.   

5 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

^^

I think Buffalo and the Browns made good decisions by not taking one of those QBs.  They're all raw and needed development.  Considering both teams need help in other areas, it was the right thing to do.  I question Cleveland using that traded down pick on Peppers though.  Too much uncertainty for a team that needs just about everything.

The Bears made a ballsy move.....I hope it doesn't work out for them. 

Quite happy with the Lions' pick of LB Davis.  We needed a Levy replacement, and we need a play caller/leader on defense.

I eventually turned to the NFL Network instead of ESPN....less entertainment, more info.   

I heard we traded our pick to KC for conditional first rounder next year and something else?  Still have no clue what we did.  About to go see

OK.  Corner Back from LSU.  We certainly needed a corner.  God knows why New England would want Gilmore..  They are going to be sorry.   A HUGE mistake.  The guy killed us over and over.  Blown coverages.  Why does Belechik think things will change?

On 4/28/2017 at 1:07 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I heard we traded our pick to KC for conditional first rounder next year and something else?  Still have no clue what we did.  About to go see

OK.  Corner Back from LSU.  We certainly needed a corner.  God knows why New England would want Gilmore..  They are going to be sorry.   A HUGE mistake.  The guy killed us over and over.  Blown coverages.  Why does Belechik think things will change?

Belechik is no prize when it comes to the draft, many of his drafts have been less than stellar.  Where he does excel is in picking up undrafted and "toss away" players that other teams have got tired of.  I think he likes what he sees in Gilmore, and Gilmore realizes that this is a chance for a championship, so buckle down, listen up and pay attention, and do what we tell you.

We'll see!  It didn't work out too good when they took Haynesworth....

1 minute ago, in_the_evening said:

Belechik is no prize when it comes to the draft, many of his drafts have been less than stellar.  Where he does excel is in picking up undrafted and "toss away" players that other teams have got tired of.  I think he likes what he sees in Gilmore, and Gilmore realizes that this is a chance for a championship, so buckle down, listen up and pay attention, and do what we tell you.

We'll see!  It didn't work out too good when they took Haynesworth....

We will see Gilmore get burned  for TD's and land on the bench.  That is what we will see

2 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

We will see Gilmore get burned  for TD's and land on the bench.  That is what we will see

I admire your confidence, but I thought Corey Dillon would be a huge mistake and instead he bought into the system and got a SB ring for his efforts.  Won't know about Gilmore until the season starts.

Just now, in_the_evening said:

I admire your confidence, but I thought Corey Dillon would be a huge mistake and instead he bought into the system and got a SB ring for his efforts.  Won't know about Gilmore until the season starts.

My man, I suffered through many many seasons with this guy.  Cursed at my TV set so many times when he killed us.  I KNOW THIS GUY BETTER THAN YOU.  He is a team killer

Man Rick, looks like the Bills have cleaned out their front office.  Are you guys going to be the Carolina of the north?  Not picking up the 5th year option on Sammy Watkins?

Interesting draft, but nothing too earth shattering....  everyone wants to grade the draft, but that is such bullshit - give it three years and see what has become of the players picked.

I like what the Cowboys did, getting good quality depth on the defensive side of the ball, but now the players have to contribute right from the start and jaylon smith needs to hit the field as early as possible to test that nerve damaged knee.  Could be a huge addition to the linebacking corps.  Can't wait for camps to open in about 2 months!

4 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

LeGarrette Blount to the Lions ?  Probably worth a shot if they can make a reasonable deal. 

I had heard the Giants wanted him. So far only BB has gotten anything out of the guy.  Hence the reason a guy who scored 18 TD's is still on the FA line.

Cutler to FOX booth.... *yawn*

The Bills have just hired a new GM from Carolina Panthers I believe?  Which means he has a relationship with the new coach?  A good thing.  Now he can concentrate on the Sabres who IMO, are ready to take a big step next year if we get the right guy.  Like Lindy

Archived